Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. In Japan, all zeds were known as Fairlady's. I'm sure even upto the 350Z. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.....
  2. With a deal like that Nzeder I'll keep the setup! A part of me didn't really want to part with it...It was almost like climbing Everest, the summit another 10ft away then saying to hell with it...I'll come here again next year! I'll gladly pay that and whatever shipping costs...Just give me your banking details and I'm done! How can I thank you?
  3. Bp Ultimate is fine or Mobil Synergy 8000...pour it in then fill your tank!
  4. Zeddophile sounds right again! Put a multimeter across your battery while you turn the key; if it goes below 10V, battery is farked. should crank and have about 10.5 - 10.8 V and running with 13.8-14.5.
  5. I'm sure they are the same. just have to be carefull when you are removing those small Philips screws not to round them...its easily done!
  6. Unless you have modified your head with stainless valve seats, you will have to run with an lead additive..
  7. That's why when you come to Melbourne, you are greeted by hoards of rust buckets and cars held together by coat hanger wire...death traps. For just the motor, gearbox and mounts (pretty much all you need to fit into the car) will be around $1500 (forgot to add the price of the sump!) and if you want the works with fries and upsized, it will be around $4700 almost everything you need to run. I doubt I'll sell the whole lot, but what I'm thinking now is just remove it for now, install the L24, reg it then drive for a while then re fit the RB after some more tweaking since its easier on a stand than in the engine bay plus I can still drive it on cruises etc...Lot's of thinking to do. Tonight just did some work preparing for this weekend; lifted the engine about 10mm and some tidying up...
  8. Hmmm..if I bid could you bring it over for me??
  9. I'm pretty sure early 240Z front parker assemblies are different. 240 have just the clear lens and the one globe (21w indicator/5w parker) and the 260 have a split housing with the divider for each globe with the internal amber lens for the indicator. Whereas the 240 just had no amber lens because from memory alot of early cars in Australia had clear front indicators. In Japan and US they had the single globe version with an amber lens. I can take some pics to show the differences...
  10. An engineer I phoned today quoted $750 + GST for the report but I'm worried its going to escalate more by the time he does a report on the brake upgrade etc..Who knows what else they find and charge...I've never had to do anything like this before. If I don't sell it I'm not really worried; I can install a L24 with the round tops drive it like that for a while then re install it when I'm cashed up again. The reason to sell now if I can get what I want is to lower the debt a tad and still enjoy the zed. With everything as is, I'll have to add on another $3500 for the lot..or like a package deal for about $4700. That's for everything you need to run it all. I am attached to it...I can still use the ITB's and ECU on the L24 without a problem. Just have to buy another manifold and other bits and pieces.
  11. Just curious if anyone out there would be interested in my RB25DE conversion; motor, gearbox and anything else needed (except ECU and throttle bodies) but comes with the inlet manifold, mounts and exhaust. Found out it will need an engineers report and funds don't allow that. If you are on CH you don't need a report. I need to get my car registered and just dont have the dough to do both. You should be able to run this engine with Webers/Dellorto's with an addition of a MSD ignition system to run with the cam angle sensor. Price will be negotiated depending on how much of the setup you need. Just for the motor,gbox and inlet manifold will be $1300. (new cam belt and water pump have been fitted)
  12. Glen, some guys I know are in Clayton; Mauceri Motors. They love and race their Alfa's and I think Sulio went there for parts too. I can find their address if you need it. Ask for Seb.
  13. Well, this weekend I'm racing down at Calder; I'm hoping a few zeds will be there so I can ask and see how many more can come. I've got a few names in mind... There is one but I don't think you want him there Lurch....heheh
  14. Its been done, and there are many variations to it. This is the DBA106B disc and R32 caliper and machined 260Z hub (not 240). Caliper mounting holes have to be re-drilled though....
  15. Sulio, I have a great book just on the subject of brakes. Has a whole chapter on brake cooling and ducting. I can bring it to the meeting if you want a looksee..
  16. Those holes are also on the carb body and from memory are just an atmospheric vent. Its not recommended to block them off.
  17. I can tell you through experience, getting hot air out from under the bonnet does help. Those vents should make a difference. With my EFI setup, I had a intake air temp sensor in the engine bay and with a non fluted bonnet, on a 26 degree day, under bonnet temps would be around 40-50C. The moment I attached a fluted bonnet, temps would be around 4-5 degrees above ambient. Of course if I was stationary it would climb slowly but we don't race or drive parked in our driveway...
  18. This car reminds me of a previous member on here; Stavros. His car was a Japanese import 260Z Fairlady 2+2 with factory EFI. There are quite a few little differences body wise and electrical with these. His also had the Fairlady badges.
  19. I remember finding a formula for working out CFM's for carbies....When I had my 40mm Dellorto's it worked out to around 1200 CFM! Sounds about right when you compare a Holley 1050 Dominator carb with only four huge throats compared to 6 40mm. I'm not sure if that was including the chokes though...
  20. I was told if you want to buy a non standard blank you would have to buy a pallet of 95-97 discs! That's the minimum purchase....group buy anyone?
  21. I'm in Moorabbin just off Chesterville Rd near Southland SC. Any Nissan is welcome... Strictly no Ford/Holden...it angers up the blood! j/k
  22. I think if you are going to do any sort of track work or build a bottom end capable of turning around 7-9000 rpm with a huge cam, then yes, chase up a set of 44-50mm carbs.. Around town or just for the "red light racing" 40mm will be just fine. Six throats versus two, six will always be better
  23. Hey Ash, you're risking a lot driving up with a temp permit being a weekend! If you can arrange CH for it that would be the best...you could follow me and it will look ok! I'm lucky that party is later in the arvo...I want to be part of this monumental occasion!... I do have a spare set of CH plates....... j/k
  24. Found out the Ford Mustang discs are still available as blanks (DBA106B) as long as you can wait for them to be made. They are usualy made in batches every so often so if they have them in stock its a bonus. From memory they are approx 280mm in diameter and vented and 6-7mm has to be machined off a 260Z hub to fit. Apparently blanks are available for any model car manufactured here; eg Ford Holden etc..
  25. I think the best chance and maybe only option is to try Nissan dealerships either here or in the US. Last time I priced a 3.9 gearset for example they quoted about $950. Or do heaps of research and find out what cars had them installed and keep looking....my 2c worth...
×
×
  • Create New...