Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Craig, good news.. party is at 4pm so looks like I can join. Plus I'll see if we can squeeze in some time to help Gordon with his wiring issue on the 240Z. Do both while I'm there! woohoo
  2. Dammit...the 6th counts me out.... engagement party... Next time :'(
  3. Hmmmm...this reminds me of another thread recently...deja-vu! That Philip Island Peter Hall discussion of lap times...geez... he's got enough power to do 1:26's around Sandown with 195x60-14 Br RE555's...which is pretty quick. Others I know with healthy L28's with triples are doing around 1:24-25's. It all comes down to the driver! I have lap records of Sandown with a Mitsubishi Mirage doing 1:26's also...figure that out!
  4. Lurch, when I used the Ford discs, they were for a Mustang - DBA106. But when I ordered mine it had a "B" on the end for blank. I'll ask my brake guy and see if blanks are still available. Micks conversion sounds alot like what I had done. From memory I machined around 6-7mm off the face of the hub but that was for the Nissan 4 pot calipers.
  5. I thought I left a tad early! Did the F5000 run again Glen? I left just as the regularity runs were about to begin. There were two groups, and I could feel the sun burning me so I decided to leave...Next time I'll pack a lunch and stay for a while longer....Its always good to catch up with everyone at events like that....
  6. And a couple more pics... They had Chris Muldoon (white zed above with G-nose) running with the field of sports sedans because there was no other class for him....he did an excellent job of keeping up with one car! And a pic of the Audi Ive been hanging to see....
  7. Went today to Sandown for the annual Historics held about every November and another excuse to take the zed out onto the public road! Finally got the speedo working so I could tell how fast I got there! There were plenty of the older eighties type touring cars; Holden and Fords with people drooling over some XY GT's and hundreds of MG's as far as the eye could see. One car I've wanted to see was the sports sedan of Darren Hossacks Audi A4; current lap record holder with a 1:08.67 around Sandown....and a 1:28 around the Island. With a 6 liter Chev engine, it should be enough to motivate anything around quickly! Took a few snaps of any zed I saw and had a chat to a few owners...Got some nice ideas for my zed! Enjoy!
  8. Lurch's rate sounds about right. When I bought a set many years ago I asked what rate; the salesman peeked in his "book" and told me around 180-200 Lb/in. If we had a spring compressor we could find out exactly...unless anyone knows someone
  9. I'm was thinking whether or not to install some H4 HID globes in my zed. The only problem is you lose high beam (unless you have a bi-xenon system $$$) and you have to modify the headlight bucket that holds the headlight insert because the plug and cable that goes to the globe is pretty chunky. You can see on eBay there are hundreds of cheap sets; the only thing I'm worried about those cheap units is the quality of the ballasts. I have Hella ones which are used by most of the European car makers (BMW MercB, Audi etc) and apparently last for years. Advantage of HID is the lower wattage; 35W but high start current approx 20A. HID vs quartz halogen there is only one winner...HID! One 35W globe is equivalent to 100W QH and globes last for around 10 years. If you could afford some HID driving lights, you can have them as high beam and fry anything at 1000 paces!
  10. Chassis Prefix:HS30 Chassis Number:00121 Manufacture Year:1970 Original Paint Colour (Code):?? Original Interior Colour:Black Manual Or Auto:Manual Owners Details Owners Name:Dimitri V Current State Vehicle Is In:Victoria On Road / Under Restoration:On Road
  11. When I ran triples I just used the original metal fuel line (with return) with no issues with the standard 260Z electric fuel pump.
  12. That's where the meeting is going to be and that's why I'm doing me best to get off CH plates....The freedom of driving your zed anywhere anytime is priceless!
  13. Good score with the Zed! Hope with each post it just keeps getting better and faster!!
  14. Would love it there! only 3 mins from my house. Its a hard decision to find a place where its easy for everyone, even someone from interstate.
  15. My zed was there for that pic so I can do it again! I'd be happy to do it once more...I can even get Gearhard Metz to join.....hmm
  16. +3 ...I'll be there too...Hopefully with a registered zed.
  17. Cheaper and easier to do the 280ZX electronic dizzy swap. Takes about 1 hour if there are no problems!
  18. Oh, I didn't mean to go through them, I just thought I'd mention who made mine and what I found with a made ally radiator. I'm hoping yours is a virtual "drop in" unlike mine that just needed a little "trim".
  19. Sorry, but IMHO, if you want power steering, might as well go buy a white Toyota Corolla, and move into the nearest retirement village... A real sports car has no luxuries....just noise and performance!
  20. Glen, PIARC I've heard is a good club to join. I think its closest to you? (Philip Island) You get lots of track time there too which is a bonus!
  21. I had one made up by a Melbourne place called "Alloy Race Radiators" in Dandenong. They had some plans already drawn up and just made it when I asked. It had to be trimmed abit to fit but nothing major. I can take pics if you need them.
  22. Hey Ash, if you see a cheap Z432 that just needs a tidy up, can you get that for me? I forgot to ask you before . Sorry about that; I'll keep a lookout also!
  23. Hey Gavin, I sat down last night and typed up a brief description, downloaded and filled out the form, and realised I didn't have any decent pics of my car other than the engine bay or when it was loaded on the tilt tray! This afternoon I'll find a nice place and take some pics of the zed and email it all to you tonight. Thanks for giving me the opportunity!
  24. Maddos, if you unplug the hazard light switch and don't plug in that small plug with the wire loop, indicators won't work. All zeds have the wiring for a hazard switch.
  25. Looks awesome! All you need is Lord Humungus standing behind it telling his speech!
×
×
  • Create New...