Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. A nice "panel beating tech day" at your place would be good to see and be there in person. Work an a zed while we peek over your shoulder...Even posting tricky jobs on youtube with video and audio for the real hard bits. Just a thought..
  2. The Chev engine/gbox mounts I assume is to fit in a zed? What gbox is the mount for? Thanks...Getting evil ideas.
  3. Cant wait to see it complete! I better not give you any help or info because of my "discusting" [sic] RB conversion...Sorry, there's still a sour taste in my mouth..
  4. I think that's BS because I just checked with them last week. Did you remember who you spoke to? I'll be going past tomorrow so I can ask again for you if you are willing to spend the $200 odd dollars.. I'm starting to think 15/16 MC's are getting rare now..time to start collecting them!
  5. The only setups I've seen with 2 lift pumps are those 1000Hp RB26 mills. I think it may be just a backup pump in case of failure. That's a great idea...Keep it simple. In my setup all I have is a VL pump and a small facet lift pump but only on a standard RB25 without the 1000HP.
  6. +1 with that! I do have a Paypal account as well but they do rape you with their fees Paypal should supply you with a lubricating jelly when you sign up....
  7. Does the car start at all now? If it does, put a multimeter across the battery (as in red lead on the + and black on the - ) while the car is running and it should read 13.8 - 14.2V. If it is below that or hanging around 11 volts, your alternator isnt charging the battery and the car is running off the battery instead of the alternator. I suggest charging the battery overnight till its full and check again. When a regulator fails sometimes the voltages go all over the place and to dangerously high levels. There is a fusible link under the bonnet next to the brake master cylinder. Check that and make sure nothing has melted.
  8. If the body work has been done right...excellent score! I bought a zed once in similar condition to yours...just a rolling shell minus all glass, no engine-gearbox-carbies, no fuel tank, no radiator etc. Still finished it though but it helps knowing what to look for and what you need to finish it! Take a heap of pics of a complete 2+2 in and out and that should help; also a w/shop manual.
  9. No problem Sulio, I'll cover them up!
  10. I recently priced a new 280ZX 15/16 master cylinder for $207 at Better Brakes in Cheltenham (Melb). That's the same one I'm using with modified brakes and it works brilliantly + it bolts straight in with no mods!
  11. Still couldve pushed it!! What was the problem?
  12. I'm pretty sure all 240's had their lighter sockets in the console and all 260's moved to the dashboard. I'll do some research on that one..
  13. If anyone wants a pair of Yokohama A048 (225-45x17) perfect for that Sandown event coming up real soon! They are worn to the tread wear indicator..good enough for a few events but not completely bald. They still do have some tread! Just come and grab them then another set of two to have four I recommend visiting Traction Tyre center in Rowville; they do have from time to time second hand R spec tyres for sale...
  14. I think that MG would've handled a bit better if it had 4 wheels.....
  15. When you reply to the post, on the bottom left is in blue writing "additional options", click on that and where is says "attach:" go to "browse" then find your pic and click on it. Just make sure image size is below 256Kb in size....
  16. Zedman240®

    No caption

    Who had to ride in the divvy van?
  17. Zedman240®

    No caption

    Great pic there....
  18. Just a quick question, did you buy this zed from someone in Ormond? It looks very familiar and I would like to see it in person....I'll send you a PM soon..Thanks
  19. Of all the days I had to have a family thing I couldn't get out of! Looks like I missed that chance to be in that photo Matt! Oh well...maybe next time? (I hope) That 1 hour I had there wasn't enough but still enjoyed it. Good to see and meet several members. This has to be done again in the future.
  20. Oh..you upgraded to a 240Z? Well done! It didn't happen overnight...but it did happen...
  21. Compare it to the Holden and Ford enthusiasts... $400-$500,000 for a Phase III? and similar prices for old Monacho's? I'm sure in the Zed world there are people who would be happy to spend more than double that on a genuine 432...If I had the cash i wouldn't think twice..
  22. Thankfully not, I've changed my pic to eliminate any confusion....
  23. Hey Glen, Its not too hard to make your own linkage setup. Go to a bearing place that sell rod ends and bring the manifold with you and see which ends will fit to support the rod that runs the length of the manifold. If you need a hand I could help...
  24. I actually have a couple of old Clydesdales I strapped to the zed and towed it in... How the f$%& do you think I drove it there?? It does move on its own
  25. I think Zedevan, if the RB engines came in later model zeds and Nissan had approved the conversion it would be simple and no need for any reports. With Crummydores, they are almost all identical under the bonnet so engine swaps are easy. Nissan have approved the L28 engine conversion that's why you don't need a report for that swap. Yeah Gavin, no point removing it all again for just that reason; avg price now for engineering is around $750-780. Looks like I'll just sit with the CH for a little more time..
×
×
  • Create New...