Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

Ok thanks guys, the asking price is 35k so I’m guessing he’s pretty much on the mark there abouts.

It hasn’t been driven in several years as when the rego ran out he put it on the hoist but started every now and then so I sure it would need a bit of work here and there but but still looked pretty good when I had a look at it today.

1 hour ago, 600Z said:

If anyone is interested let me know and I can pass on his number but I do know he has someone coming to look at it this weekend.

Justin

Hi Justin

mate i'm interested in this Z. Can you tell me where it is and can you please pass on the contact number. Thanks. Jeff

Nice looking car. Being a one owner, with all the paperwork should attract a premium. It’s very rare to get a car with those credentials.

If someone gets it for 35K it’s a steal in my view. Some simillar cars in the US have been selling for a much higher price than that when you factor in  the US$.

Good luck @Zedhead . Yoohoo another Jeff ;D

Jeff

Edited by CBR Jeff

• Administrators
7 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

Nice looking car. Being a one owner, with all the paperwork should attract a premium. It’s very rare to get a car with those credentials.

If someone gets it for 35K it’s a steal in my view. Some simillar cars in the US have been selling for a much higher price than that when you factor in  the US$.

Good luck @Zedhead . Yoohoo another Jeff ;D

Jeff

Honestly I was tempted to say closer to $50k than $40k, but it sounds like it might need a lick of paint and an engine refresh and then I recalled the ex-Edward Lees car recently sold around $56k or so? Which I thought was a little lower than I expected given condition of the vehicle (but I saw it in person and it wasn't perfect, far from it).

I get told off for being uber bullish, but for comparison have a look at what "not that good" stuff in Japan is selling for..(or at least asking prices).

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/php/search/summary.php?maker_cd=1015&car_cd=10151006&katashiki=S30

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/php/search/summary.php?maker_cd=1015&car_cd=10151006&katashiki=HS30

It's hard to find pre-74 models (many have received early tail lamp conversions - zenki style). But are in fact later model Fairlady Z's (2.0ltr's) - like the MCM boys imported.

You're paying $35k+ for many of these cars and they are often modified.

That's why I still feel we undervalue them here, the US has started to see price growth and with their appreciating $USD they are getting quite expensive. It used to seem like a cheap way to get these cars was to import 1 from North America, now however the cheapest way is to buy a good 1 locally, but there are very few good ones! As @arbs will tell you!

On 6/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, OdinZ said:

Hi all yes I looked this car "240z" from car sales last week  the seller is asking 37k for it it's absolutely full of cancer really needs to be  stripped and a full rebuild everywhere I looked there was Bog if there wasn't Bog there was terrible  repairs, not much out there at all Im afraid say just my luck!

• Administrators

260z 2+2's in Alice Springs.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alice-springs/cars-vans-utes/1976-datsun-260z-coupe-2-cars/1188456297

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, arbs said:

Now that would be a novelty to fly out there and have a look!  havent  been to Alice or the Rock!

For someone who is looking for a 2+2 these could be a good deal.

The green car looks the goods.

I imagine the location, and resultant transport costs, would put most people off.

it would be one heck of a road trip to pick them up.

• Administrators

Sounds like fun I'd love to go also haha.

I reckon the purple car is not bad either. Diamond in the rough, shame about the sunroof but a 2+2 turret might be easier to locate!

Both look relatively rott free.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berwick/cars-vans-utes/datsun-260z/1188555931

Datsun 260z 2 seater

$49k
Quad cam v6 injected turbo
Fully adjustable Coilovers
Air con
This car has had big $$$$$ spent on it
Full bare mental respray
Recent 20k spent
16 inch sim
Engineered in Canberra and Vic
Amazing car
16 inch Simmons wheels

$_20.JPG$_20.JPG$_20.JPG

Edited by OdinZ

On 6/18/2018 at 3:08 PM, OdinZ said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/198745147427637

"1976 260z (2 seater) $35,000

Recently resprayed. Extensive bodywork done to eradicate rust. Manual Transmission conversion.
Recently installed exhaust extractors. In running condition.
Due to financial reasons I am no longer able to maintain and fully restore.
Always garaged. Regretful sale. Car exterior is in tip top condition however interior needs work.
Outstanding work to complete:
New parts required.
Rubber kit Carpet kit required.

Parts required to be reinstalled.
Air intake Interior plastic vinyl trimmings including centre console.
Driver and passenger door trimming
Rear bumperbar

Parts to be fixed
Locking mechanism for Driver and Passenger door and hatch.

Few nuts and bolts missing here and there.

For someone whose mechanically minded all of the above mentions aren't really that complex to fix. Its just a matter of patients and time."

34750934_10160498478485646_4773454209284

34911005_10160498478710646_8982136179243

34781613_10160498478885646_2527789631827

35464665_10160529056875646_2367369072858

Hey @arbs have you looked into this one? It's dropped to $32k now. the seller also posted a youtube video: https://youtu.be/PuCsi7hbjkM

Hi all

Just bought this 260z from Carlos @ Classic Sports Ex Targa Rally car (some of you may remember its been up for sale for a while)  Im  going put myL28 in with triple webers  (out of my Damaged 2+2) and change it back to a road car on conditional plates.

As for my other vehicle the  Damaged  2+2 body Im undecided as to repair it or not.

Thanks all for your help and updates!

Andrew

20180704_135125.jpg

20180704_135148.jpg

20180704_135206.jpg

20180704_150755.jpg