George Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 If you had to replace your Z - for whatever reason, say they didn't exist - which other car would you be driving/restoring/racing? Quote
Retro Z Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 Hakosuka c10 skyline or a old 69 corvette is my pick. Quote
Gordo Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 I love my R32 GTR. Nice and smooth , handles great, abs and power steering . Very nice for touring. Quote
DreamZproject Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 FT86, 1/2nd gen celica, MR2 (Mk1 or 2), C10 GTR. Quote
grimlynsan Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 In order of preference: Classic: Datsun Roadster, SII RX7, TA22 Celica, TR4, MGB Modern: R32 GTR, S15, SVI RX7, Widebody Starion, Toyota 86 I think the next car I buy will be an R32 GTR or an S15. But I can never sell the Zed. Quote
bluerat Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 This thing is mega cool, but Jason tells me he beats it all the time with his roofless 2 litre Datsun... http://www.motorsportretro.com/2014/04/1957-hollywood-corvette/ So I'd just build a good 2.4 grunter for the 1600! Although I have a real soft spot for HQ Monaro's after spending a couple of exciting weekend's in this jigger.. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted June 11, 2014 Moderators Posted June 11, 2014 Would be very tempted to look at the R32 or maybe an S2 RX7 For a brand new probably the IS350F-Sport Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted June 11, 2014 Moderators Posted June 11, 2014 A black VT Commodore with stockies on the rear... Just kidding.. RX3 Coupe or an EVO 9. Quote
Retro Z Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 Everyone wants a r32 gtr and i sold my r32 gtr to get a 240z..i must be crazy . Forgot to add a ra28 celica and a NSX to my list but none i'd sell my z for. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted June 11, 2014 Administrators Posted June 11, 2014 For retro, Mazda R100, RX-2, RX-3 or RX-4 coupe. I'd also consider the first or second generation RX-7 - maybe a Turbo II (Series 5) RX-7. I have to say I do like the early 911s style wise but I've never seen myself being a Porsche driver if I'm honest. I feel like it's more fun to poke fun at them . I love the old RS Camaro (67,68) era, or 68 Mustang Fastback. But I absolutely adore the 63' C2 Corvette Split Window. But they are uber expensive now so not something I'd be driving I'm afraid. I'd say if it wasn't a Z it would be a rotary coupe for sure. Or keeping it Nissan I'd love a 240K coupe (as a GTR clone). For modern... FD RX-7 for me is the only way to go if you're looking for a car that is comparable to the early 240z. The styling hasn't aged, it's a 2 seater coupe, I just love the wide stance from the rear of the car, the dashboard feels like a cockpit (Just like the 240z) and the rotary is a super cool motor. Mine has the air-con, power steering, stock exhaust so its quiet and it's about the only other car I've driven where I look in shop windows to see how cool the coupe looks (I do the same in the 240z). I've never driven a GTR, would love to some day, I think the S15 Silvia is also nice looking, but too many boy racers in them these days. Quote
George Posted June 11, 2014 Author Posted June 11, 2014 Toyota 2000gt Dream big. Why not. Did you hear about the one that got totaled the other day? A tree fell on the car while the owner was driving. http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-culture/giant-tree-crushes-priceless-toyota-2000GT-in-japan Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted June 12, 2014 Administrators Posted June 12, 2014 Pretty sad to see that George. Quote
zzzzed Posted June 12, 2014 Posted June 12, 2014 Everyone wants a r32 gtr and i sold my r32 gtr to get a 240z..i must be crazy . Forgot to add a ra28 celica and a NSX to my list but none i'd sell my z for. Nah mate. The r32gtr is peoples second choice the the s30. You did the right thing. Quote
sydney mike Posted June 12, 2014 Posted June 12, 2014 During the hunt for my zed, I did get frustrated at times when I couldn't find one that suited me/my budget/the missus didn't approve or got outbid whatever, I nearly said "stuff it" and was just going to buy a R32 GTR. Of course, the rest is history and I love my zed. Heaven forbid, if me and my zed had to part-it'd have to be very serious circumstances, I would like to put together a triple carbed L28 (has it/can it be done?) powered Datto 1600 or 180B. Quote
George Posted June 12, 2014 Author Posted June 12, 2014 I almost ended up with one of these last year. Edit: now that I think about it I almost bought one back in 2008 as well. There was a nice one up in QLD. Quote
grimlynsan Posted June 12, 2014 Posted June 12, 2014 Interesting that we all have a soft spot for the 32. I do not care for the look of the 33 or 34 whereas most skyline fans would tell you the 32 is the ugliest (and slowest) of them. I want a gunmetal grey one with white wheels. I wish I had a double-garage! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.