Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. For me, installing headers when the engine is in the car is always easier.. plus its easier to install the motor without any extra's fitted to it.
  2. At that price, I'd be expecting lots of pics of any bodywork and rust removal. Mainly just look for any rust! Un original engine so it depends on you how original you wanted it to be. I'm sure the price is negotiable to a point.
  3. I had 15x8's on my 260 (can't remember the offset though) and they suited the car well. 225 50 might be a tad small in the diameter. 225 55 or if you go to 16x8 225 50 16 is very close to standard.
  4. Bring a few to the meeting if you can...
  5. Again as requested by the OP, I was asked to delete the "240Z for sale" thread and I did. I didn't ask for any reason... In case anyone was wondering.
  6. I'll be there with the NDSOC as part of a display along the straight. Should be nice this year!
  7. All those automatic Lancer coupes have monster tacho's in them...it must do something...
  8. Factory is all good for next Friday...anything special needed? other than strippers etc?
  9. You don't need a tacho; just install a shift light. Best thing I did.
  10. Top one looks similar to Craig's spoiler; probably custom, second one is a modified "works type B" (I asked the same question not long ago...haha) not sure on the last one..
  11. Ash (zr240) may be able to help you with that... sned him a pm?
  12. Might have a pair coming very soon..within the next day or two; complete with looms as I have / am installing amber with single globe 240Z ones. I did have 260Z lights fitted in the front as it was like that when I bought my zed.
  13. With the speedo not working, I'd be checking the speedo cable; you may have a 2 piece instead of a 1 piece cable. With the gauges, check the fusible links near the brake master cylinder.. if it's missing the clear covers, corrosion occurs and makes a bad connection. The wire may look fine or have an internal break or just have a poor connection.
  14. I've seen some people bend the rod that holds all the small bushes to an almost "S" shape to go from the swaybar end to the arm. It may let that rod flex a tad which may make the whole setup a little softer than what it should be?
  15. I think Mark was referring to me.. (big D). The wheels that are worth the coin are the narrower 4-1/2" wheels that came standard on the early 69-70 models, then moved to 5-1/2 on later 240's. All 260's that I know of never came with steel wheels; all had the trademark alloys. Like with everything here, they are only worth what people are willing to pay!
  16. Grab some WD40 and give the carby linkages a good lube..(the bits right on the side of the carby)
  17. RB26? nahhh.... is that the model with the rear fin type lights?
  18. That's the best first mod to do on any zed..instant results! Got the wheels yet?
  19. They look like original 240Z wheels...If I was in the ACT, I'd be on these ASAP!
  20. Do you by chance have the original engine number from it? A zed I bought that wasn't registered for years had only the engine number on file as the VIN number wasn't 14 characters long.
  21. Nice progress! problem with twins on a 240 is that there isn't much room underneath in the trans tunnel. Hardest thing I found was trying to find a 2 in 2 out center muffler. Came across one by chance at an exhaust place; guy came in with a near new stainless one and changed his system. I also get a slight hesitation while accelarating..not sure if that is cam or the exhaust setup.
  22. Good to see you got home ok... Was sad to see it go but...oh well!
  23. I think the PI Histerics are on at the same time?
  24. All zeds have the wiring for hazards; they have that "loop back" plug that takes the spot for the hazard switch. Check your indicator switch on the steering column..make sure no wires have come off.
  25. I'm going to miss seeing your little giant killing Roadster Jason..... dammit!
×
×
  • Create New...