Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Welcome.. The more zed race cars the better!! +2 for the pics.
  2. You can always leave a deposit....
  3. 240Z ones are a bit smaller but from memory 260 ones can fit too. I may have one; just have to get home and have a peek.
  4. I did the exact same thing quite a few years ago when I removed the LSD R200 from a fire damaged R31 turbo coupe; removed the flange from my old R200 with impact socket on air gun, and as Mike has said, tighten to correct torque... then removed stub axles from my old R200, swap left to right and install into LSD diff. You should feel both axles "click" and lock in place when installed. If you look inside where the stub axles go in, you can see one is longer than the other. Its not that complicated to do. Clutch pack LSD's should have resistance when trying to rotate one wheel in an opposite direction to the other when the rear is jacked up off the ground.
  5. As above, have a airbox for 240 carbies but painted black. Inside is still the factory orange. Even comes with a used filter... Asking $200 (postage with a courier to anywhere can be done for $20) PM or call/sms O413 243 76O pics if needed can be posted on this thread.
  6. Alan's (260coupe) zed is that same green by the looks of it. Looks great in real life rather than in a pic! +3 for the Green!
  7. 240Z's ahd a minature return line but I know the later 260's had a pretty decent return. I'm running a 260 return line with my efi (non turbo) with no problems..
  8. I should be able to meet the convoy where the Tooradin airfield is..near that lookout thing. Just have to know what time you will meet at that Cranbourne bunning then add 15 mins..
  9. Welcome Rob, Post pics when you can..taking your time and doing things right always gets good results in the end. I found out after doing my second zed of the things to NOT do and definately do NOT do....
  10. Photoshop is an amazing program....
  11. Reason it hasn't sold because it needs work.. If it was a "drive away with no more to pay" it would've sold long ago.
  12. I think if you cough anywhere near it, it'll just fall to pieces...just walk on tippy toes around it when inspecting...
  13. Tyres and More (Traction Ttyre Center) in Kellets Rd Rowville sell all good brand semi's..and fit...
  14. Whale shark thing...lol Should paint some teeth on the side like an old WW2 P51 Mustang
  15. Of all powerplants to choose from... a pushrod 1800's technology engine...
  16. Just compare the function of the cable and it's length to determine where it goes. One goes to the heater tap, the longest one goes to that flap where the blower motor is and the other operates the flaps for switching between demist and air to come through the front vent etc.. Oh, and make sure none of the wires are bent..leads to headaches when things don't function right.
  17. Good eye! Looks like it was an auto as well with a manual conversion..seems they forgot to change the brake pedal to a manual one as well.... The list is growing..
  18. Do you wake because of the pain?
  19. For an unmolested "exceptional" car it certainly has alot of things changed and or missing.. 280ZX EFI, missing trim and 240K wheel, different stereo and looks like someone has been playing with the steering column shroud. Interior looks pretty filthy. Also the heater core has been by-passed ie leaky heater core. Hate to see what's under the dash mat!
  20. Yep, Two weeks ago I was running with the sportscars; kept those pesky Matra's and Lolas behind me all the time...
  21. Forget about a 240Z at that price; usually a 240Z at that price would need a fair bit of work to get upto a good standard. For $5k with a roadworthy, I would expect a 260Z 2+2 with an auto, sunroof with a "patch up" type body work done just to get it roadworthy, if you are lucky with someone desperate to sell. I'd recommend to save some more pennies and get something with a photo history of bodywork done. Days of a cheap zed of any model are long gone....
  22. I like the Anderson plug on the battery... easily removed and charged if needed to.
  23. I bought some today and was told to leave it in the sun to heat it up.. Might just cut it in two and try to join it like a picture frame join.
  24. I think Sinisha has got it; sounds like an extra load on that system causing the slow flash... check for high resistance somewhere.
  25. The doors you bought suit a later 260 2 seater; Oct 76 and later..
×
×
  • Create New...