Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. With what you are running now, you have a fuel pump designed to move a large amount of fuel at high pressure through six injectors and what you need is a small pump designed to drip feed a carby. You are basically forcing large amounts of fuel through the carby and into the motor. Get a small Facet or any pump designed for carbies and replace the EFI pump and filter with one for carbies. Don't buy a fuel pressure reg for that... just replace the pump with the right one.
  2. What fuel pump are you running? EFI pumps run at 30+ PSI whereas Carby pumps run at 4-5 PSI....a slight difference...
  3. Excellent work.. Helps with motivation when the engine ticks over AND runs... hehe
  4. That won't be hard to miss...I'll keep a good eye out for that.. I assume you have posted this on other forums? I'd be plastering it all over the net..and offer a reward; helps with motivation.
  5. I'll do my best..give the ol girl a run!
  6. Some people enjoy the chase... like a good joust with a mate on a race track; you enjoy the fight and when you finish, want to go and do it again... The more zeds the better Dave.
  7. Good choice with the black pipes... enjoying the progress on the SX
  8. Long gone...new owner is already driving it around.
  9. Congrats on both! I shall be seeing that 200B around my area then?
  10. I don't think it's embarrassing, you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to drive a manual! My wife for one, has no idea and I'm still in the process of teaching my sister in law. She picked it up quite quickly. I wish alot of drivers on the road make driving a car not just a way to get around, but to enjoy the actual experience almost like a sport; a skill you can sharpen. Would make the roads a lot safer and stress free.
  11. Gordon, Is there a tapered seat to the nipples? Check in case theres a score or any rubbish in taper or get another pair of bleed nipples from Wilwood in case theres a machining fault?
  12. Thanks Peter, but the auction went way over what I wanted to spend... by 100%! Oh well, next time.
  13. Who knows what was in the background that he doesn't want to show....
  14. Peter, you are a living LEGEND..... I'll see how I go on the auction.
  15. Welcome Todd, Hope we can help get your zed running....
  16. Another crazy eBay purchase from me... well not quite yet but you never know... Is there anyone near South Windsor in NSW? Thinking of bidding on a bike that's pickup only. If anyone can pickup and pack, and I can get a courier to pickup, that'll be great.. Of course monies will be paid for the inconvenience.
  17. That rotary setup should net you some more needed funds... great to see an enthusiast got the car..
  18. The bolts that hold the disc to the hub are not your standard everyday bolt; they have a larger diameter "shoulder" for a higher shear load. Best to get the right ones than something cheap and weak like a grade 4.6 bolt.
  19. Well done! Your first point is the most important; driving it before pulling it off the road. That I think motivates you more to get it the way you want rather than selling an unfinished project!
  20. Many years ago I remember Steve Newing used to build good L series; he built a L28 for me with no serious mods with the ITB's and Wade 568A (74') cam that made around 154 rwKw's. Stan Holmes was another legendary builder but I haven't spoken to him in quite a few years. They are becoming a rare breed!
  21. Nice work with the zed and good to see sensible plans... with the lower arms, all of them are the same; its just one made for both sides. All they do is flip it over!
  22. Better suited for a parts car me thinks! Unless you want to perfect your metal work skills; restore that and you can do anything!
  23. Should be the next feature car....well done!
  24. Great pics there...why is your zed on the street? Your zed is drool worthy...
  25. Nice find! Looks like a great example... Did you have to evict that bird that was nesting in the battery area?
×
×
  • Create New...