Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. All 240's have their fuse box at the console; only 260's have it mounted on the right kick panel. Where you have pictured, all the looms ie rear, engine compartment and dash all connect there. There should be all matching plugs if your loom is complete.
  2. My 4:4 lsd came from a turbo R31 coupe import. The auto has the 4:4 ratio.
  3. Did a bit of a price cut before I try my luck on evilBay. Anyone want awesome breaks (sic) for your Zed?
  4. Oh, you had that pic under Bruce's 240Z repair hence the shirts and stickers comments... again, very 50's 60's looking. Me likee
  5. I am using a 15/16 MC as I was running with R31 rear setup which is still on the car. I'm sure these will work just as well with a standard MC. I do have a 15/16 MC that I can sell separately if needed.
  6. Yeah..leave the wheels on the Austin Healy...I mean ZED!
  7. Just need some shirts / stickers! woohoo
  8. Don't have anything that is attached to a body like those clips sorry.. Keeping an eye out though..
  9. From memory the R32 are different to the R33. R32 and Z32 calipers are identical but all R33 are the smooth body with a different bolt spacing.
  10. I have a set of four Koni red's that are no longer needed. They include the gland nuts for a 55mm strut (260). For a 240Z, you will need other gland nuts (51mm) After $250 for the four. Can courier or pickup is fine.
  11. They are different from memory.. I think bolt spacing has been altered. My calipers have been modified to bolt on to a zed strut without having to modify the strut itself. Pics will be posted later today.
  12. As above, I have my old setup consisting of four pot Sumitomo Z32 calipers with Ford Mustang 287mm vented slotted discs mounted on 260Z hubs ready to bolt on to either a 240 or 260Z. Can fit at least 15" wheels (depending on offset). Setup is around 2 years old an only done a handful of sprints. Work very well and have plenty of life left in them. Asking $650. Pm or call / SMS O413 243 76O Can help with fitting if needed. Would be good to get some braided lines made up to go from the original zed fitting to the caliper as they are different. Pic shown was when they were new; now just a tad rustier and a bit used but still don't look any different.
  13. I thought you were going the original gun metal / grey for the light trims.. That Buick looks amazing; for sure its a wedding car.
  14. Do they stick on the outside of the glass or inside? I always like the inside ones as they are protected from the weather but not the sun..
  15. Best thing to do is remove the fuel line and place a nice sized glass jar to catch whatever liqiud comes out as most likely it will be stale fuel. BTW, those 260 fuel pumps don't work when they are dry; you'll have to remove the base (like a light bulb bayonet base) and fill it with fuel before it can pump it. I took mine out and did that from memory. While you are cranking for oil pressure, run fresh fuel through the lines.
  16. Zedman240®

    Floods!!!!!!

    Unless there are numerous corpses or mass carnage, the media won't even bother. Unless Reece Mastin was doing some charity crap, then all the channels would be there doing live coverages. I once found a stolen car dumped out the front of our house; parked there for about 5 days.... did my own investigating (looked inside the cabin, as they ransacked the glovebox contents, saw the owners Vicroads reg renewal so got his name and address, so then I looked through the white pages and gave him a call. Asked him if he was missing a car, was it a Ford Laser, after a few "yes" replies, told him where it was) then received a call from a cop saying basically "leave it to us and don't do it again". Owner was a lot more thankful.
  17. Battery area doesn't seem that bad.. After all this effort, I'm sure you're keeping this zed..
  18. When I had fitted the RB25DE, bought from a wrecker and been sitting there for who knows how many years, first thing I wanted to see was oil pressure. Cranked the engine with no plugs to make it easier on the starter and battery and also spin the engine a tad quicker. Since the oil pump was dry, I got no pressure at all even after a few attempts so had to get compressed air into the rocker cover breather with the oil filter off and blocked off any other hole to keep the block sealed to build pressure up. Once the engine was cranking, forced air into the block, before you knew it, liters of oil came gushing out of the oil filter mount! Re-installed the filter, cranked the engine again, hello oil pressure gauge movement! Then powered up fuel pumps, ignition etc, engine came to life! Oh, make sure you have plenty of water in the cooling system and fresh clean oil. And a can of "Aerostart" to spray in the carbs when you are ready to start!
  19. me 3... probably a good pick as its not state or area specific.
  20. Couldn't have said it better Tai.... You are just setting up for disappointment. Took me months to do a conversion even when parts that are needed were still available (from the US that is). Quite a few parts had to be made by myself like the ITB manifold for the RB.
  21. I'm amazed at the speed you work at... a good classic color for a 240 is that dark metallic blue; a few zeds have it but it looks so good.
×
×
  • Create New...