Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. If anyone has any questions about this Zed, please just send the seller a PM; was getting a touch ridiculous. Thread has been locked.
  2. I can picture a shed full of zeds... pics help though!! well done
  3. Hi workshop is in Burwood; just off Highbury Rd. Cost will be in the hundreds..
  4. If its near me (Pakenham) I'd be glad to help...
  5. One thing I do know is never to use the words "cheap" and "rust repairs" in the same sentence... unless you like repairs done with chicken wire, kilos of bog and cut up bits of stop signs. In Melbourne, Rob at Z Factory can do some good repairs..I'm sure others will have some other good recommendations..
  6. My way around it is with an old crappy GPS that has 5 year old maps; useless for anything else but great as a GPS speedo! Plus if I get lost anywhere in the CBD I can find my way back out to the surrounding inner city suburbs..
  7. I may be able to find some... I'll have to find out length though..
  8. They mount the same but plugs on the back are sometimes different. Plus 240Z speedo is in MPH which to me is a bit of a PITA.
  9. If you want Ash, I have a video of Gordon when he drove my 240 around the Island...
  10. I'll put my hand up.
  11. If it helps, from memory, my first laps at PI in my 260Z with stock L28 (~90 kw at the wheels), 240 carbs and virtually stock brakes, managed a 2:14 - same car after a couple more events, got down to a 2:08 on semi's BTW. Still have plenty to go!
  12. I hope you can switch that situation soon... you need to be together!
  13. Believe me, you'll love the EFI setup! The drivability of EFI and the sound of triple carbs. What's there not to like? The fcuking cost dammit
  14. If all of the above fail, belt sander with 36 grit paper, down to the metal...then "fiddly bitz" some paint on the top. Don't come to me for panel work....
  15. Is that an old 386 PC at the bottom left? Hope that front end is just there temporarily till you make room again in the shed..
  16. Never been around Lakeside (But would love to one day!!) so to me 58 seconds means nothing; not saying its a poor effort or I can do better, but to me, saying a 1:45 around PI would make my jaw drop. To me it doesn't sound fast until I actually go around that circuit so I can compare it to my time. To anyone in Vic who hasn't been around Lakeside, I doubt they know how fast that is? I'm sure to you, me quoting times around Sandown mean sweet FA (unless you have had a chance to run there) so I hope you know what I mean..
  17. I much like the sound of that....fastest zed shootout...
  18. That GRS Sport thing is only on the compliance plate; don't think it has anything to do with the build of the car in Japan.
  19. My first 77 2 seater didn't have them yet another club members 77 2 seater just a few chassis numbers away did have them.. Not sure why that is?
  20. Try 0011 1 800 527-1909.
  21. Well, I have started the assembly process, so before you know it, I'll have a complete running 260Z to sell soon (at a higher price though )
  22. Ohh...that was one zed I was hoping to see at the nats.. Next time..
  23. I called up at about 11:30pm our time to get them first thing in the morning...spoke to Butch at Courtesy Nissan in Texas, asked for the parts, paid by credit card then gave them my address. Got the parts around a week later in the post. Brilliant service.
  24. Have you tried Nissan? Last one I got was from a delearship in Texas..forgot the name....
  25. Zedman240®

    79 280zx

    If the starter solenoid is getting power from the ignition switch, try giving the starter motor a couple of light taps with a hammer while you are holding he key on start; if it starts then, you may need a new or reco starter motor and or solenoid.
×
×
  • Create New...