Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. I'll grab it off you Rev..I'll be going to that tech day.
  2. If you need something in Narre Warren picked up, that's a suburb I drive through every day.. Let me know where and when..
  3. Hello and Welcome David.. Would be good to learn some skills and meet some more of the members as well. If you can post a pic of your Bluebird; would like to see it. I used to have an 84 model to as my daily driver... till my brother killed it! (leaking radiator so killed the head gasket).
  4. OUchy...that blue one looks in pain! Well done on the wins!!
  5. The bigger the resonator, the more time the hot gasses have to expand and cool then travel through the rest of the system before its out to atmosphere. Think of lightning and thunder; once the strike heats up the air very quickly, the sound you hear is the thunder..if the hot air had time to cool, you wouldn't hear anything..but that is impossible but controlling the hot gas from an exhaust is.
  6. Another thing is avoid the "hot dogs".. a straight through pipe gives the same results. Try to get the largest diameter straight through resonator you can fit. That way you will get very little to no droning. The best ones have no protrusions and just round holes on the inside and are fiberglass packed. They absorb all the high frequencies and just let the hot gas expand slowly which is the trick of having a quiet system. And more importantly, find a exhaust place that actually LISTENS to what you want, and not what THEY think works. I've proven one place wrong already near my work.
  7. Now that is a realistic price..just need a V8 now...
  8. Congrats Simon... round 3!
  9. In Vic those would be heritage type plates and would fetch dollars around the 80-100K pretty easily. 5 digits go around the very high teens +. Not sure in NSW though..
  10. I think that was the 240Z that crashed at Le Mans and killed its driver.. sad story.
  11. Sounds like an electronic issue.. when it heats up, try getting a rag soaked in cold water, and cool off the ignition module on the side of the distributor (little black box with the two wires) and try starting again when you have cooled it off. Just a thought.
  12. Thanks Peter..that will be immensely appreciated!!
  13. One thing I can't understand is this thing about how hard it is to get CH rego for the zed. All it took me was one Sunday drive to Don Hill's house (Authorized club inspector? not sure of title..) down faaaaar west, a thorough check of all major safety items and then 5 minutes typing out a letter then 2 hours of chatting about zeds. Most grief was caused by the police who pulled me over once on the way there and once on the way back; with both needing me to explain to them the process of the CH registering process. Question asked was why was I driving with a permit on a Sunday. I explained it was the only time I had and Don Hill had free to do all of this. Not sure as I never talked to you about that at the BBQ Simon but would like to know what you have heard or been through?
  14. I can be in, at last I can help with changing that cracked headlight!!
  15. Or else some guys are coming......
  16. Welcome... Would be very interesting to see a Bolwell while hearing a Zed at the same time...Hope to see some pics...
  17. I'm with PeterM on this one. Sometimes its easy to put your hand up and say you'll be able to help on the committee, but when it comes down to it, it does take alot of your time and effort. I have only been on the NDSOC committee once a while ago and would like to do it again but family and work times will make it hard.
  18. Gareth, did you have to get that made? I can't remember the details.. looks excellent.
  19. Thanks again Gordon and all who made it so great! Oh, we found one chicken in the car so I'll return it when I can...
  20. You may have some luck on eBay® with the Koni's...
  21. Nein.... was just bored one evening.. ½ the time spent on the pc is looking for strange characters to insert into answers©
  22. Clamps and fittings - $120 ?? WTF? are they gold plated?
  23. Its the same paint some dodgy auto elecs use to "reco" alternators and starter motors; but they use a special silver paint to give it that recoed look.
  24. By some reconditioning paint (Flat or satin black spray can) and get started on the arms, radius rods, diff and anything else that will be bolted underneath the car..
  25. Welcome Nic, Flattery will get you everywhere.... and Mr Tinpot, what's with the registered trademark thingy?
×
×
  • Create New...