Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. I agree with Gavin, with the unknown history of the carbs, even if you tried installing them yourself, who knows what headaches you might get during the install; and as well all get the nasty surprises along the way. Most times it ends up costing you double than getting it done by professionals. Broken / missing manifold studs are standard so unless you know how to tackle those, a drive in, drive out thing might be the best and stress free for you.
  2. Welcome Brian, Nice 280...I think the lens covers really finishes the front end..
  3. Thanks Mark, will be ordering a pair as soon as I can..
  4. I removed a fair bit of metal/rubber from the original strut top so the bearing and the alloy top hat all fit together and rotate without the aluminium top hat fouling the original strut top.
  5. Oohh..lens covers look good! Did they fit well?
  6. Come to Pakenham and find one and its free...
  7. I'll try to grab something from work.... would you prefer rivet or nutsert related?
  8. Welcome... I've removed kilos of un-needed/wanted cabling from many zeds.. Its great when you find house wiring running through the car!
  9. Imperial spanners.. thought that was $2.50 for metric ratchet ones! Found a shifter on the road on the way to the trash meet this morning. Good stuff is to be found there sometimes..in amongst the shyte!
  10. No other bit on it other than flywheel and single carby. He is located in Burwood in Vic. All the parts aren't on a car; they are in crates/pallets. Best you come and sift through the bits.
  11. If you will be happy with a L24 out of a 240K, I know of a friend who has one for sale...$50 if you want it. Don't think it needs a rebuild, should be ok but I can't promise anything! As with the rest of the bits, come with a trailer to Melbourne and I can help with 85% of your list.
  12. If you need the big countersunk head ones that go into the hinge, you are welcome to sift through my collection to find some.
  13. Great to hear..just wish the video had some extra lighting!! Should be all go for the Xmas BBQ?
  14. You can remove the little Mitsubishi black box on the side of the original distributor and wire an external Bosch "022" type module in its place. The red and green wires just get extended and plugged into the new module because you can't mount it to the distributor again.
  15. You only sell a zed to either: 1) Buy another Zed 2) About to lose your house etc..
  16. Welcome Leftie, Have you lost any digits? Post pics of your zed when you can...we must see!!
  17. Welcome Ryan, If you want to bring a trailer to Melbourne, I can help you with some bits...I need them gone!
  18. Next time you are in Melbourne..come and have a sift through the bits. I'm sure I have a window reg..
  19. Got the lights...just haven't checked for the switch yet. I usually go on Saturdays for bits and pieces.
  20. Great price if it comes with the cog box..
  21. Just needs a cheesy trophy... I'll see what I can do.
  22. Reminds me of a Porsche 935/80... Put a hatch on it and paint..it'll be more pleasing to the eye!
  23. No cracked paint...doesn't even look like she touched the body! Just the tail light and maybe the number plate part took the full force of the hit.
  24. Starting to think its the bearing on the input of the diff that's making the darned noise. The only thing spinning that quick at a slow speed of the car is the tail shaft/diff pinion. Time for diff removal! And as usual, haven't driven the zed in a few months any serious distances, what happens on the way there? Lady in Nissan Murano taps the zed in the a$$ cracking a tail light lens and bending the number plate to the same curve as her bumper. Need to remove rear garnishes and check for bent metal.
  25. Excellent..another ITB'ied zed!
×
×
  • Create New...