Jump to content

Scando

Members
  • Posts

    945
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scando

  1. What about the wheels black with the stripes white? Either way, I reckon definately black for the wheels.
  2. That's disappointing! They could at least mistake it for a decent Porsche
  3. I think I remember Datsfreak saying in another thread that they were 17 X 8.5 My car is registered with a 6 point but it's only registered as a rally car so that might be how I get around it. I'll try to remember to look at my harness next time I'm working on the car and see what markings are on it.
  4. Thanks Scott The new computer arrived today. Fun times ahead fitting it :-\ Next round of the series isn't until late June so that should be plenty of time to get it fitted and tuned.
  5. Yep, I reckon stick with the red. I'm a sucker for a red Z
  6. Nice, looks like a very tidy car. This was a great pick-up at the price he was asking. May I suggest a 5 or 6 point harness? 4 points are getting phased out for CAMS use and are hard to get to sit right across your waist.
  7. I've got no idea what sort of gains we're going to get from the new computer. 58's would be nice cause that would pretty much put me on the pace but I'm not expecting too much from it. We'll just wait and see. As for 59's around Symmons, that's still a long way off...........2 seconds to be precise! If I can get under 1:01 there with the new computer I'll be happy for now.
  8. Keep at it buddy. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2009 onwards part of this story
  9. Yeah, I'm sure the designers would have had motorsport appliactions in mind............. My original intercooler was cut down from a Volvo truck too. Might have to put the old girl to use through the week and get into the transport game!
  10. Yep, that's where mine connects to. Then it just has a hose directly from the turbo to the sump for the return.
  11. The usual photography guys that follow the series don't seem to be posting their galleries up anymore. Probably got sick of people like me linking to their pics on forums instead of buying them If I find any I'll post them up.
  12. Had the first Baskerville round for the year today and I'm absolutly stoked with the old girl. I got my lap times down under a minute with a 59.5 as my best http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?17/05/2009.BASK.R9 It's been a bit of a long term goal to get under a minute round Baskerville so I'm very happy with the improvements we've made with the car. It's over a second a lap quicker than my previous best. Also ended up 2nd for the day thanks to my mates porsche having clutch issues in the final. The car that beat me is an old V8 Supercar so I'm not too upset about being beaten by that! This also leaves me 2nd in the series after 2 rounds, don't think I'll stay there long but fingers crossed New computer is supposed to arrive this week so hopefully there's more left to come I also spoke to the guy that built the turbo for my car when the previous owner did the engine conversion. He said the turbo come of a Leyland bus
  13. mmmmm nice. Love the colour
  14. haha Had the same thing happen with mine. A couple of guys spotted the car at my dads work and asked what it was. When he told them they asked if it was some 'new thing' cause they'd never seen one before
  15. Cheap!!!! I just noticed in a magazine that Kumho advertise the KU36 as a high performance road tyre. This would suggest it is a harder compound and should last half decent but won't give the performance of a genuine track/tarmac rally tyre.
  16. I run one on my L28ET but the car is only used for circuit racing. It made a big difference to both my engine temp and oil pressure in the longer races. As Neuby said, because the oil flows through your turbo it gets a lot hotter than on an n/a car. But for road use you should never get it hot enough to need an oil cooler. Like others have said, an oil thermostat might be the way to go. Then you've got the best of both worlds. I wouldn't be concerned about the oil pressure not dropping off unless it's unusually high in the first place. Mine doesn't drop off either when driving the car 'normally'. As for oil, I run a 25-60w Valvoline oil. At the last meeting I used a 25-60w Fuchs oil because a rep gave it to us to try and it was useless. Everything got hotter than normal and the car developed oil leaks it's never had before which suggests it breaks down badly when hot. When we've pulled previous engines down after using the valvoine there have been no signs of wear and the oil leaves a nice film over all the parts.
  17. Looks good Lurch I'll take one each for me and the old man to wear to the track. If they're done soon I'll be able to save myself some trouble and use it as his birthday present
  18. Just recently I was showing a mate pics of my car on my phone with the new wheels and flares and his wife asked if it was a Porsche.
  19. Thanks Mick & Dimitri I've decided I'm just going to set it up through the standard distributor for now and worry about sequential later if I think it's necessary. I don't care about drivability or economy for my application so probably not.......
  20. Mick, can you please check if the L28 turbo and L20 turbo distributors are the same? I figure an L20 turbo one might be a bit easier to get hold of here in Aus. For anyone interested I called Asquith Auto Wreckers and they didn't have any 2nd hand ones but can get new ones for $500. A bit more than I want to spend for what I'm going to do with it though.
  21. I just reckon when the back starts to go out on mine it feels like I'm very sideways compared to driving other cars. I find it very predictable though when it does go out so they would probably be a decent thing for drifting.
  22. I reckon it'd be a really weird feeling drifting a 240Z since you're sitting so far back in the car.
  23. I posted them in my members project thread a little while ago
  24. Kumho's generally seem to be a bit off the pace in racing compared to some of the other semi-slicks but I'm talking about a small amount that you most likely won't even notice driving on the road. That's an awesome price though I run Bridgestones and am about to give a set of Dunlops a try and you would expect to pay at least double that price for either of those in that size. I'm not too sure about wear for general road driving. Most semi-slicks come in a range of compounds so make sure you get the hardest if you have a choice and then they might last alright.
  25. I'll 2nd that motion Nice pics too.
×
×
  • Create New...