Jump to content

Scando

Members
  • Posts

    945
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scando

  1. Nice footage there! It seems you don't have to use much steering lock for a car without power steering and it's always a nice sweep of the wheel in and out of corners with little or no corrections. Normally signs of a very well set-up car and a very good driver
  2. I think that's the same as my front spoiler and I did the same thing cutting the middle section out to let more air through to the intercooler. I just put some of that cheap mesh stuff from Autobarn in there to stop rocks coming through. I had the same problem with the flares. Where the flares are designed to sit and fit the best didn't work with my ride height and the size of the wheels. I had to move them up another 15mm or so otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep all of my suspension travel.
  3. Looking good Steve. The car has progressed nicely since you got it.
  4. He told me they can do any of the parts Lurch has listed in carbon fibre, just times the price by 3.
  5. Other than looking good they're obviously a pretty good thing too. Quinn just won Targa Tas
  6. I haven't named mine but a lot of other people seem to call it Kermit for obvious reasons
  7. I reckon the RB20's are a great engine. There's a guy that won the class I race in three years in a row with a R32 with a second hand engine he bought for $400 with some bolt on goodies and good fuel to get around 230-240rwkw. Other guys in the class are pushing close to 300rwkw out of them with more developed bottom ends and good fuel. If anything goes wrong with them it's also very cheap to get replacement parts. However an L28 is even cheaper again and is a very simple design so there are less things to go wrong. This is well worth considering because mechanical repairs will also be part of your running costs. For your application if you do go for an RB keep it as standard as possible. It'll still have plenty of power in a Z and be more economical and reliable.
  8. After a season of cricket everybodys shirts that we got from this place are still like new. That photo I put up was taken after the last game of the season. When we've had them embroided in the past the stitching normally starts to come undone on the logos on some of the shirts by the end of the season.
  9. That second one would look pretty sweet with an auszcar logo on it. Like I said, once you find a design you like you can play around with colours, logos, etc as much as you like.
  10. Just thought I'd throw an idea in We got our cricket shirts done through these guys for last season: http://www.kombat.com.au/browse.php?level1=9&level2=83 The cost was about $30-35 per shirt with a minimum order of 30. They are screen printed so you can come up with pretty much ANY design you want. If you go to the link I've provided above you can find a design you like then click on the red button below it "edit this garment in DYO" and play around with the colours and add whatever logos you want on the shirt. Maybe a few people could come up with designs and then everybody could vote on them? Here's a pic of me modelling our cricket club shirts. Before anyone asks, no I'm not the one in the flanny and white top
  11. R32's are a much better bang for your buck car. I know the Skylines that are successful in the class I race in are all R32's. R33's are too big and heavy on the circuit. They do look nicer than an R32 in my opinion though so I suppose it depends what you want it for. Just keep in mind that in 2 or 3 years time the Skyline that you're selling your Z to buy is most likely going to be worth around $5K.
  12. Nice pics Dave. I like the front on black and white one. Looks neat with the wedding ribbon and the stripes over your car
  13. Haven't been able to find any on the net Hodgo. Hopefully big bro will bring his camera out to the next round.
  14. The sound of them makes me want to stick something sharp into my ear. Although there was a 20B powered RX7 that ran last weekend which changed my opininion slightly. It screamed instead of the normal buzz and boy did it go!!!
  15. Rumor has it somebody will be seeing Targa Tas from the passenger seat of the 0 sweep car? Have fun mate, should be a blast!!!
  16. Thanks Mick, will do
  17. Hi folks I'm looking for an L28 Turbo distributor as pictured in this thread: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,4108.0.html And this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=914750&highlight=distributor#post914750 If anybody has one they would like to sell then let me know. I'm happy to pay freight from anywhere in Australia. Thanks Shane
  18. I think I've found my solution, BIG thanks to Garvice. He'll post something up in this thread sometime soon.
  19. Thanks Dimitri I haven't actually purchased an ECU yet but I'm pretty sure it's going to be this: http://www.haltech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=20 I'd be very interested in the details of the bits you've bought to set it up. Keep me posted with how you go
  20. Hi folks I'm wanting to setup a computer on my L28ET with sequential injetion and ignition. I'm having trouble working out which way to go for an RPM sensor/trigger. I was wondering if anybody on the forum has done this before on an L series or could point me in the right direction? Cheers Shane
  21. Yeah, the 15/16 one would probably do for your setup but I'd say if you're going to change it anyway then go for the 1". At least you know that's sorted then if you want to go for bigger brakes in the future.
  22. I think a new motor is definatly on the cards sometime this year. Not sure if I'll go for an LD28 crank or stick with with the 2.8 as I want to keep it reliable and not spend big $$$'s. First things first though, I think it's time the old girl went on a diet
  23. Looking good Scott I just did the 1" MC upgrade. Pedal feels good..............really really good!
  24. haha, yeah more water to spray over my windscreen when the hose pops off to make me think I've split a radiator hose Not one of my finer moments!
  25. I've had quite a few people asking about the brakes so I'll try to get some pics up in the next week or so.
×
×
  • Create New...