Jump to content

Scando

Members
  • Posts

    945
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scando

  1. How about the one next to it instead for a few track days
  2. nice Z! I think that proves anybody wrong that says Z's don't look good in black!
  3. Nope, your road license has nothing to do with your CAMS license.
  4. Scando

    Two Tone Zed

    If he does then I'd love a copy of the file. I have 3DS Max and have been wanting to do the same thing but am too busy/lazy
  5. Kinda scarey how much thought you've put into this
  6. I was talking to a guy recently who was looking to sell an unregistered but decent 280ZX. Might be just what you're looking for. I'll see if I can get some contact details for him and let you know.
  7. On mine I screwed a piece of very thin angle steel along the hatch and then screwed the back of the spoiler to the back of the angle steel. I also screwed the front of the spoiler directly to the hatch and doubled up with sikaflex in both places.
  8. Thanks for the input guys. I'll let you know which way I go with each problem and the results. Cheers Shane
  9. Thanks, finances are looking a bit better for me at the moment so I've sold the 2nd hand Haltech and will be going for something new. The guy that tunes the car wants me to go for a Microtech but I'm leaning towards another Haltech. Not sure yet but I'll keep you posted.
  10. 1. I've just fitted an R200 LSD to my car and have previously been running a welded R180. My understanding was that you needed a shorter driveshaft for one side (I think the passenger side?) to accomodate the wider R200. I've put the diff in with the standard 240Z drive shafts and it there seems to be enough travel. Even when the drive shafts are perfectly horizontal and therefore at their shortest there still seems to be around 10mm or more travel left on both sides. What are other peoples experiences with this? 2. I've been having trouble with the front of the diff moving up and down too much. Is the chain over the top the best way to go? 3. It seems my gearbox mount has bent backwards! Has anybody else ever had this happen? Has anybody tried making a solid mount? Any other ideas? 4. I need a new engine mount for one side. Does anybody know if anybody like Noltec, Nolathane, etc make them? Or can you only get the standard rubber ones? Any help with these problems would be much appreciated. Cheers Shane
  11. I missed it damn it! Got home just as it was finishing. Yeah, I think I'll be taking it pretty easy. Should be a good way to get used to doing rallies and having a navigator incase I ever get into that in the future.
  12. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics with the new paint job. A bit of pearl maybe? Anyway, $1500 is an awesome price for prep and painting. You've done well!
  13. Haven't seen an update in a while. What's been happening with the car?
  14. For a while now I've been interested in doing some tarmac rallies but unfortunately my Z is way too far modified and the entry fees for most of them are too expensive for me. However this year they have launched a new rally called Targa Wrest Point which consists of a lot of the southern stages that are no longer included in Targa Tasmania. It will be run over two days and has a much more affordable entry fee. But unfortunately I still had the same problem, my car isn't elligible. Then last week I got a phone call that went something along the lines of: other person: "would you be interested in being the 999 sweep car for Targa Wrest Point in your Z?" me: "@*%# yes!" So now I get to go and do all the stages while they're still closed and open the old girl up. Will have to be a bit careful cause we are there to do a job and it'd be pretty embarassing to crash the course car but it should be heaps of fun. The other good news is that Bluerat (another member on this forum) has agreed to navigate for me. Also, a friend of mine is competing in the event in a n/a L28 powered 240Z. I can't wait! Hopefully I'll have an in car camera by then to get some footage to share with you all.
  15. Maybe the owner was trying to make it look like a Z
  16. I like it. You can see a lot of S30 design in the bonnet, roofline, etc.
  17. Nice puchase! I'm sure there'll be many hours of fun driving ahead
  18. Thanks fellas I must say I do have a soft spot for Evos after racing against a few of them. 4WD just wouldn't be as fun though
  19. Looking fantastic, the colour the polished bits, everything. Keep it up.
  20. Thanks for the kind words guys Here's a few pics from the weekend: Blowing flames at a lapped car What boryroll? Start of the final
  21. Had a great day at Baskerville yesterday winning the day and winning the series for the year. I finished on the podium at all 7 rounds including 3 round wins. There were over 20 different cars that ran throughout the year with usually about 10-12 at each round. There were 4 different round winners and 9 different people had podium finishes throughout the year so it was a pretty close series! Absolutly wrapped with the year and how's this for a stat. In a field full of Skylines, Evos, Commodores, and many others, we were the most reliable car finishing every race (over 30 races for the year plus qualifying) with an L28ET, standard 280ZX box, standard tail shaft, welded R180, and standard uni joint drive shafts Now it looks like I have a busy summer of modifying ahead before next season
  22. Hi Glen, Just thought you might find these of interest: http://www.swmotorsport.com.au/contents/en-us/d109.html
  23. Sounds like you've got great taste in cars to me. Z's (obviously), a mate of mine had a VF with a very hot 265, not a Pacer but it sure had some go, and the couple of times I've driven BMW's I've been left thinking 'not much power but what an amazing chassis to drive'. Looking forward to the rest of this story
  24. Oh dear, I think the point Bluerat was trying to make is that they're both great cars. Bluerat's car isn't very well suited to Symmons Plains (the dragstrip) but he's easly winning the under 2L class in the tasmanian hillclimb championship and has been embarassing a lot of larger capacity cars including Z's. I've been trying to get him to bring his car down to Baskerville (a track with corners) cause it would do similar times to what yours did there with less than 1/3 of the power. He's also building a 240Z so he'll have the best of both worlds. Sorry if I sound bitchy but Bluerat is one bloke that has a lot of knowledge that could assist members on this forum. I know I've found his advice on car set-up very helpful.
  25. Very nice looking Z you have there More info?
×
×
  • Create New...