We thought it would never happen but Vince (NEW240) is downsizing the fleet and the time has come for him to offer for sale the beautiful 260Z, race number 551 that has been campaigned by his wife Kay in sprints and rallies since their purchase of the car from Gavin Strongman in 2006. This was a bare metal, ground up restoration by Gavin which he transformed into a Tarmac Rally car and campaigned successfully in both rallies and track events prior to sale.
It gets worse!! Vince is also selling his Lime green modified 240Z that has been driven by himself and more recently his daughter Bekky. (Details below)
Since being built this car has featured in many Magazine articles and has variously been described as the best Datsun 260Z in Australia. It has been extensively modified by both Gavin and more recently Vince to enhance its handling and performance and has the following modifications;
· 3.1 Litre ‘Stroker’ motor by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport (SWM) with hand built headers and stainless steel 2 ½” mandrel bent exhaust system.
· Triple 45mm Weber carburettors with Custom Airbox.
· Trik hand built 6 point bolt in Roll Cage.
· Cobra race seats
· Fully adjustable suspension incorporating adjustable front and rear lower control arms and height adjustable suspension struts with Bilstein PSS9 dampers.
· Nissan Skyline R32 GTST gearbox
· Nissan R200 differential with KAAZ LSD 4.375 ratio.
· Willwood front brakes with Nissan R32 calipers, Rear disc brake conversion with hydraulic hand brake.
· Konig 16 x 7” wheels with Yokohama AO50 tyres.
· SWM electric power steering conversion.
Since being acquired by Vince and Kay in 2006 this car has been maintained and improved regardless of cost with all work undertaken by Stewart Wilkins. Following an engine refresh in 2010 the electric power steering was fitted together with SWM custom sway bar links and rear diff mount.
The car has competed at numerous race tracks around Australia, including Mt Panorama, Wakefield Park, Sydney Motorsport Park, Oran Park, Phillip Island and Morgan Park and run faultlessly whilst being very competitive. It is an ideal car for Tarmac Rallies, Regularity or Super sprints.
PM: Vince (NEW240)
GENUINE ENQUIRIES ONLY
This car was built in 2010 as a track/Tarmac Rally car
· Vin No. HS30 01039 - Paint Code 112
· L28 Motor modified by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport (SWM)
· Triple 45mm Weber carburettors with Custom airbox
· SWM Headers with 2 ½” exhaust
· Aluminium radiator with twin cooling fans
· Koni adjustable shocks front and rear
· K-Mac Camber adjusters and SWM adjustable sway bar links
· MX-5 Power steering
· Electric power windows
· Datsun 280ZX gearbox
· Limited slip diff
· Front brakes - Toyota Hi-lux 4 pot calipers
· Rear brakes – Nissan Skyline R31 caliper disc brake conversion
· Konig 15 x 7” wheels with Dunlop Direzza 205 x 50 15 tyres
· ½ Roll cage with Cobra Race seat and RPM Harness
· Terratrip included if needed as well as matching drivers seat
This car has competed at various race tracks including Phillip Island, Sandown, Wakefield Park, SMP all circuits, Morgan Park, Bathurst.
PM: Vince (NEW240)
Both cars will be attending Challenge Bathurst and the Festival of Z next weekend.