Jump to content

luvemfast

Members
  • Posts

    4,201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by luvemfast

  1. I'll see you there. not in a Z though, taking the family in the Val and cruising in with a mate with his Torry Can't wait to finally see your Z completed in the flesh Dave
  2. If the market was based upon scarcity and lower build numbers. Weren't there less 260Z's? So they should be more expensive But no. 240Z's are seen to be the original and best, so command the premium price.
  3. BMW pulleys are thinner and larger diameter. The biggest advantage is that the rubber bond is not on the diameter, but on the face. Old racers would cross the finish line at full noise and back off. The sudden RPM change rip the bond clean off. With the BMW balancer, this failure stopped happening. They need some modification to fit. Has the one for sale been done to be a bolt on?
  4. I can't get them lasercut for that price so it's cheap! I am running one in my car, based on Neil Cartledge's design, which this probably is. He swore by it and maintained it pushed the harmonic vibration further up the rev range and changed the sound altogether.
  5. Basically stick to the recommendations from the Mikuni manual. Your car will be pretty much standard by the sounds of it, so my jetting will be of no use to you. At the end of the day, get it dyno tuned.
  6. Pics would help.....
  7. So let me get this right..... Guy gave it to his nephew. Nephew now doesn't want to restore it. Still at Guy's house. Nephew now selling it for $18k? Shouldn't it be given back to Guy for him to sell? And by given back, nothing has changed.
  8. 1- Stubbie for Matt is a vodka cruiser 2- ....... nuff said 3- You can borrow some nail polish from Matt. (See #2)
  9. 4160 Holley on a 2.8L I had a 600cfm on a Valiant Pacer, which is a 4.3L. And it was too big for that sized engine. Ended up going to the smaller 465cfm which drove heaps better! The Holley pump is more than likely a low pressure high volume pump and should be more than capable of running triples, let alone twin's.
  10. They'll degrade in the sunlight I guess...... So they'll last ages for us, given they hardly see the light of day! Shoot me details Gav and I'll pay you
  11. If you have any more Gav, I'd like to grab one please.
  12. Great to see. Loving that hoist too!
  13. I've just gone from chrome to black nuts and really like the combo. If only your nuts were black.........
  14. I didn't realise at the BBQ that you'd only just gotten it going again. Well done on what is the new benchmark of a 2 week full build
  15. But in saying that. Enjoying the build. And as you said, it's going to flow quickly and not stagnate.
  16. Maybe leave a review of your FD for anyone interested in buying a 240Z
  17. Great work Gordo. But seems weird that we've been seeing this car for years and now we are seeing the build. lol
  18. I'll be at the bbq, couldn't make it last weekend as I'd only just gotten home from a week away
  19. So much awesome! When are you bringing it down to Phillip Island?
  20. Interesting indeed.......
  21. I went to page one for a look
  22. Looks like a nice tidy example. Welcome and bring it along to the Xmas BBQ
  23. Anyone seen this one yet? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/datsun-260z-coupe-2-seater-suit-full-restoration/152770390736?_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D48792%26meid%3D921f25d197994b84aca94004b3febc51%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D182862835048&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985 Says it was immaculate and involved in a workshop fire...... If by workshop they mean that the V8 conversion caught fire, then yeah. Also need to be careful of the heat affecting structural integrity.
  24. Someone got a good buy there. Even if they need $1000 spent on rebuilding. Still cheap!
  25. I enjoy your video's working on the Z. Haven't looked at the others, looks like you pretty much document everything! Your missus must be understanding and very supportive, she's a keeper. Also. Vernier calipers are only accurate and should only be trusted within 0.1mm. If you need to measure to hundredth's of a mm, you should use micrometers.
×
×
  • Create New...