Jump to content

NZeder

Members
  • Posts

    2,294
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NZeder

  1. Road or Track car? If road why go to a fuel cell? Just have a good surge tank, a lift pump and then a good fuel pump up the engine bay - all external to the tank. Or you could modify the tank just be aware that once you cut open a used fuel tank it will rust up fast if left empty after welding - keep it wet with fuel and you are good (that is what I have been told not had first hand experience on welded fuel tanks before)
  2. Looks like a bluebird 4wd turbo SSS pilerless sedan we got a few as JDM grey imports. Can't recall the chassis code but when I am not on the mobile will check and update UPDATE: RNU12 is the code for the SSS-R 4WD Hi-Cas Turbo Bluebird in the pic above.
  3. I recall seeing something about this - if you put it next to a real 2000GT the real one looks like a toy as it is slightly smaller than this very good replica.
  4. Respect the Rev
  5. Here is a pic of one of the guys here in NZ cover - I like what he did with this one
  6. Or just get one of the late late black plastic covers Black crinkle would be good on a race engine too.
  7. Here are part numbers for the different length release bearing carriers
  8. I agree - Nissan made a number of different sizes - from 12mm upto 30mm - depends on the front cover, fork pivot and release bearing.
  9. I still don't get the need to install the complete rear end when a good CV conversion and shortnose Diff gives you the same strength - anybody else have there thoughts on this? + the chassis will be week if you don't put a full cage into to match. The cage will have to pickup the front and rear suspension to take all the flex out if you are running big big aka RIPS 240z type power 1200+HP RB30DET monster but then RIPS 240z only had a full cage that did not pickup the front struts or have a dash bar
  10. on this site look at gaijin's project in the Members Project area. I do have to ask why? I know others have done it but why? That is a lot of extra weight in the back of a S30 chassis for what? A setup that does not change camber when under load? That is about all, and the only advantage over the stock setup. For all the $$ and work involved spend the $$, time and effort in fixing other areas of the suspension that need work. If you are after the later style CV and Diff setup then check out the TTT rear conversion stuff - that is what I would do - fast and cheaper in the long run, than all the custom fab work required + the TTT stuff is bolt in see http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=863
  11. Not true - a Z432 yes but a Z432R no. You will notice there is only a pic of the Z432-R on that broacher but no specs and given the S20 engine is some 30+KG heavier this explains the difference
  12. yes I agree and if you were going to build the ultimate L6 then you should put the $$ a side for such a unit having said that I have seen pics of one of those broken too
  13. Here is my wiring diagram for installing relays into a AU/NZ 260z this is based on the standard wiring setup with the passing/dimmer relay etc. Hope this helps - I did my wiring this way as it required min mods to the stock loom. First is the stock wiring. Then next is my mod diagram.
  14. 2 easy Nissan/Prince R380.....with the GR8 2000cc in line 6 cylinder with DOHC and triple carbs.
  15. Ok what about the Nissan Works cars - were they not build by the Nissan Factory then had all the sports options fitted by a dealer/team and then used in the rallies - that info is well documented surely that is enough?
  16. happy b'day Dimitri
  17. I did ask if they could make a ZG front bumper in stainless too but the issue is getting a good sample to them might have to see if I can get a good FG replica to them given I only have the orginial urethan unit and don't want to sent that away
  18. Martin - looks like the GTR box will sit just in front of the seat just as well as you are a tall unit as with the seat a bit forward it might hit the new tunnel for the box
  19. all looking great Adam makes me think I should update my thread again given recent additions to the frame Can't wait for pics of the bar installed
  20. I am on the restored 240z camp for much the same reasons already posted. Now we just need Nissan to listen and have spare parts/panels/rubbers for the whole car available again
  21. Well I was conceived in the year the Zed first went on sale in UK and made my entrance the following year. I have owned only one zed older than me and one that might have been manufactured when I came into the world but was sold new in NZ in Jan 72 (powered by a stroker hint ) My Datsun 1600 was older than me by a few months.
  22. yes and most racer replace the lighter R180 with the heavier R200 Don't forget that the S130 might be heavier in stock trim vs S30 but they do have a 40% better CD so with that in mind - how is your S130 going and what weight have you got that down to?
  23. Yes Alan would be best to answer this. I would have thought that all parts listed in the sports option list/catalogue were available over the counter and therefore installable by the dealer in the day - surely that is good enough? It does not mean that dealers installed the items but could have if the customer was aware of the options and requested them. Therefore the Sports Option Catalogue should be more than enough evidence + most of these parts are listed in the FIA docs that you have too - What is CAMS playing at?
  24. was these type of side lights/badges http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z04e/50-3072
×
×
  • Create New...