-
Posts
2,294 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by NZeder
-
That does depend on the spring rate you are using. Koni's can be re-valved to suit heavier springs others can't. I believe tokico illumina are good to 250lb and it might be the same for the kyb's hence this post.
-
260c coupe cool car There was a 330 wagon for sale here in NZ about 8months ago that would be a cool tow car for a zed
-
There was a thread on this on hybridz a few years back. One of the guys in the US was having trouble getting hold of one - so contacted a steering UJ supplier and I think they made a few up - I can't recall but search over there I think there is a solution.
-
And that is why it is priced like it is - there is nothing else like it period so I guess if you want a jack that can go from 4" to 26", ie light and portable then this is it - nothing else around like it so I guess this is why they are asking what they do. Hope the guys on the group buy get down to the full 25% discount rate.
-
Do it I say My first 280zx 2 seater was my daily driver at the time, it was a L28 Auto, ok not a fast as my 240z or 260z that I also had at the time, but it was a very comfortable car to drive the plus was the electric windows, PS and all the mod cons just like a daily driver should have. I have always had a soft spot for the 2 seater 280zx I love the frameless windows, longer doors and 4 wheels disc from the start. They rust a bit around the windscreen, battery box and radiator support panel. The last one I had (purchase a shell - sold as I did not need 2 zed in bits but would have love to kept it and got it back on the road) also had the bottom of the doors rusted out (inner floor of the door - another common rust point) and started in the dog legs. Another good thing about the 280zx is with the right offset you can get big wheels under the factory guards ie 15x9, 16x9 or 17x9
-
me too and then add shipping from the US to NZ/AU more $$ I think I will save for a 2 or 4 post hoist An Ezcarlift would be good to have as you could use at the track, a mates place - anywhere.
-
more weight but 40% better aero this was the first car Nissan designed with the aid of a wind tunnel. I have owned 2 (in NZ) and would purchase another one in heart beat.
-
Thought I would post some links to video's of my mates Ricky's BRE Tribute car that he recently posted on youtube. Both handicap races.
-
Not sure were to post this but here goes - admins please remove/relocate if this is in the wrong place. While search on hybridz.org site for how people were lifting there cars I found a link to www.ezcarlift.com I thought the concept looked great but thought it was a bit pricey so started to google around when I found this groupbuy going so thought I would post here in case someone on here might be interested. see http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/LandingPages/ezcarlift/ezcarlift.aspx I am not connected with this at all and not on the groupbuy list but I am thinking about it. The last GB they run on this product sold for $700 less than the RRP I found this post from a user on the last GB and thought this had some good points about the product.
-
One more thing one of reasons I went with a RB26 head was the factory vacuum block after the throttle bodies as this gives a good reference for the MAP. I just removed the FIDLE spider and other vacuum driven stuff from under the manifold - see my thread or website for more details/pics.
-
One more thing you could use the factory CAS with a new chopper wheel as the crank angle 36-1 setup I believe it has been done before but might be quicker and easier to just install a standard hall effect unit and wheel on the crank pulley.
-
Just spark you have a number of options - Mega Jolt (open source like MegaSquirt but just for spark control), just get a Ford Falcon EDIS 6 cylinder setup and hook that up to the MegaJolt. Or go for a more advanced setup like Electromotive, Motec, MSD, Autronic (they used to do just spark control) there are any number out there and then there is all the normal ECU that do Fuel and Spark just setup for spark only. That will give you coil on plug or wasted spark setup. If you want really simple the issue will be getting a dizzy to work due to the location out the front = hit the radiator? And a good CID setup, Mellory, MSD, crane, the list goes on. The simples spark setup would be EDIS type setup as no dizzy - did you know the MegaJolt R&D car is a 240z now stop making me think about this....or I might have to sell my DCOE throttle bodies and get some carbs and a MegaJolt/EDIS6 setup myself.
-
You can still get PHH parts new from Wolf Creek Racing in the US he even has NOS carbs for sale If I was looking for carbs and wanted new I would get OER units from Japan - in fact I did on the my last 240z, they come in 45mm, 47mm and 50mm (I had the 47mm). The webers that are forsale these days are not like the old ones I think they are made in Spain now and the casting is not like it used to be :'( Depending on the size of the engine you are planning to run 40's would be good on a RB20D, 44/45 on the RB25D up and if you are planning a RB30D then 45/47/50 with the right chokes will work 45 will be a little low for a big air moving high rev'n big power RB30D Now what I could have done on my project was keep my OER 47, sold the DCOE throttle bodies, and then not blocked off the stock RB26 injector locations. Then I could run either with the flick of a switch - ie use the Carbs with no fuel as the TB and injectors for fuel. Then if carb power required, turn off the EFI pump, change the fuel pressure (could be controlled via a valve/solenoid to a lower pressure unit) and turn off the ECU/drop the fuel and have the ECU just do spark and turn on a Carb fuel pump. Now that would be true hybrid lol
-
Yes those are carbs and they are Mikuni/Solex type-2 versions. The type-2 were available in 36PHH, 40PHH, 44PHH and 50PHH so could be one of those sizes - depends on the engine and modes but my guess would be either 40PHH or 44PHH items.
-
Now that's funny never seen your zed and yet you are just around the corner really I am in Dairy Flat and this build is like yours 11 years and $20K over for sure. Fixed the rust 13 years ago in 3 months after the strip then the car sat for 10+ years in the back of the brother old workshop been home about 6 months now so about time I finished it.
-
Lol turbo. When we go to the track I see turbo cars getting beat on by na all the time. Surely there has to be a reason why the v8 supercars are not turbo? F1? Turn the brown Re L24 and size you will be surprized how big you can make a P30 block
-
Ok thought I would share an old link I had saved. Not a S30 but a S130 fitted with a RB31D running 50mm Mikuni carbs Link to the whole page = http://www.testarossa.jp/library/s130/index.htm Re the cam covers - I think the RB26 centre is not plastic as I have seen polished covers ie alloy. R31 with RB on carbs see http://www.r31house.co.jp/r31/vivi215.htm
-
And that would be for the KPGC10 aka GT-R version of the S20 not the rarer Z432 version which is different I am lead to believe.
-
I checked my PC but I don't have any pics of when I had the engine in and I was test fitting the intake/exhausts up. But if you check my website there is a pic in the galleries section showing you the length of the RB26 intake manifold with the TB's installed and the trumpets. Now I can tell you that stock clutch MC would not work with these trumpets where my engine sits but I replaced the MC with a Titlon 75 Series unit of the same bore as standard. These 75 series are nice and short in the body and bolts right on to the zed mounts with no mods so that has to be good right? But to give you the idea the bell/widest part of the trumpet was close to the clutch MC. Having said that when I did all this test fitting the car was still on the rotisserie (well lowered the body over the engine and then removed and place on axles standard) and I only installed the cross member with the engine/gbox so no suspension and stuff so things might still move a bit more when I install in the hole later.
-
Also check my thread out on my Triple DCOE Throttle Bodied RB25/26DE setup. I am thinking I might hunt down some Mikuni 44 PHH or get some new OER 45 for the carb setup....I am very seriously thinking of doing this and have been for sometime - comes down the $$ I already have tied up in the DCOE throttle bodies and ECU My thread http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3490.0.html My zed is a Z432 project theme also - but Green with a matt black bonnet, RB engine painted silver like the S20 blocks, twin exhaust setup like the Z432 - it will never be a Z432 just a modern take on the theme. PS30 = 2000cc DOHC Z432. My car RS30 = 260z so factory L26 2600cc (well close enough) now RS30 = 2600cc DOHC Z432 theme 260z. I have 2 sets of 432 badges, 1 set NOS and 1 set close to new with 2 of them missing holding pins. I am going to custom make/modify a rocker cover also but with 2600 on the top not 2000 again for the overall theme of the keeping with in the original car and a modern Z432. Go forth and enjoy EDIT: Re you post on the "yes please" thread on the gold colour = Safari Gold paint code 920. My zed is 907 GP Green/Racing Green which was used on the Z432 as well as other models (both export and domestic) however it was replaced in 71 with metallic greens. That Z432 looks like was known as GP Red/Monte Carlo Red code is 905
-
Those seats you have shown were on the sports option list for the S30 range so if you knew about it back then you could have ordered some for your S30 too however the Dealers did not make this wildly known back then and in some countries (like Oz and NZ I would guess) they did not even know about the option list themselves
-
Sounds like we are lucky here in NZ no emission for post 75 not until 89 Back to the question at hand - yes can and has been done. You would need a custom intake manifold or modify a RB26 intake manifold to fit on the RB25/20 head (whatever you are going to use). If using the RB26 intake manifold you will need to make some adaptors to go from the RB26 TB pattern to DCOE/PHH/DHLA pattern. Re EFI vs Carb - well if the carbs are setup to for the engine correctly they will perform very well and be right up there with EFI so no lose. I have considered this myself - safe me a lot of wiring on the car never know might do it yet just need a plan for a dizzy and keep it very old school. Not much electronics on a NA RB, Knock Sensors, CAS, Water Temp for ECU, Coil ignitor, coils and injectors rest is standard engine electronics/electrical stuff, alternator, temp and oil gauges that is about it really.
-
lol lost in translation - try exhaust
