Jump to content

NZeder

Members
  • Posts

    2,294
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NZeder

  1. wow my old 240z made the cut - honoured truly honoured
  2. L26 did not meet the local pollution standards but the new L20EFI engine did - so they were recalled had the chassis number re-stamped to remove the RS30 and make them S31 if I recall correctly. There is a pic on the web somewhere that did show one of these re-stamped firewalls.
  3. Well the only early car I have seen with one on it was HS30-00016 when I had it - never seen another one here in NZ - and given the car is now in NSW I guess I never will (well apart from one 2400 ohc cover that I helped import on a business trip to the US for #352 rebuild)
  4. using the wide (vented) calipers on the stock solid disk = pistons will pop out/tilt with only 1/2 the pad used. Better to go to vented disk as I am sure your rotors will be requiring replacement - min thickness is 10.5mm (new = 12.5mm) There are a few rotor options depending the front hubs you are using 240z or 260z.
  5. Fair(lady) call John all joking a side hope you took a mould of the front after all your work. Next trip to Australia I should bring a set of G-Nose light covers and see how they fit on the Sirpent-Nose
  6. There is no engine number stamped on the car there is the chassis number stamped on the car. Then the engine number on the engine. Both of these are then stamped onto the ID plate with is riveted to the body work under the engine bay. For a 280zx is should be located here - see pic attached.
  7. keep an eye on trademe here in NZ too (Ozzie can join and bid/purchase ) as these are often on there for around 80-120 NZD for a pair - they should be around 5-7KG boxed up so shipping should not be too bad.
  8. There is another thread on this site with good info on early cars - search and you should find it.
  9. Well actually you can get short shifter kits for the B box. See here http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PRC02A Now I believe these work on some B boxes but not others. There was on for sale here in NZ on trademe a year ago the guy that purchased it was a local ZClub member here in Auckland. He had a 280zx B box in his 240z and he had to modify the little adaptor ears to work on the zx B box (see the pic in the link above for a shot of the adaptors) but he believed it should have worked on a 260z B box with not mods - but don't take my word on that.
  10. and a Z432 R, so you won lotto, installed the flux cap, back to 1970's and purchased zed for every day of the week Datsun 240z (export RHD version) Fairlady Z432 Fairlady Z432 R Fairlady ZL Fairlady Z Fairlady 240z Fairlady 240z aka HS30-H or Factory ZG and if luck was on your side you managed to get hold of a Fairlady 260z before the recall/retro fitting of the L20aE removing the L26 - that is one rare model right there.
  11. No Pete has my old 240z in NSW HS30-00016 (he imported from NZ not long after he got it from me when he was living here in Auckland, it is currently getting rebuilt - long term project), and I believe it has been posted that HS30-00004 is in Australia somewhere if I recall. S30-00002 was found in a scrap yard in Japan and not sure if it is going to be restored or not. Also Pete at one point had or knew of HS30-00013 in Australia I believe that car shell required lots of work anyway it is now in the UK getting re-birthed as a 240z rally car. HS30-0002? (well not actual car as it was re-shelled after a rollover but its ID and some of the work rally parts) was on ebay.co.uk a number of years back and the rumour was it was sold to a guy here in NZ.
  12. NZeder

    L28 crank weight

    I have weighted them before so this is what I know L28 Crank = 20KG LD28 Crank = 22KG Modifed L28 in my old L30 = 19KG
  13. We have the same setup here in NZ too
  14. hmm sizing not listed on their website for those in 16" 15" yes 16" no - so custom ordered were they?
  15. F Type I see they come in +5, +10 and +15 offsets in those size/width's so which ones have you got Ben - looks good wearing those rims too
  16. yep that is what is looks like to me - a S30 G-Nose that has been custom modified to fit the S130. Would have been better on a 2 seater 280zx IMHO
  17. Given they are the R type they are only available in the following sizing (given tyres are 16" - will only post 16" sizing) 16 x 8 0 Offset 16 x 8.5 -6 Offset 16 x 9 -13 Offset 16 x 9.5 -19 Offset Now given I have 16 x 8.5 -6 and have test fitted these to the front of a stock S31 (here is a pic) rubber is 225/50/16 on my rim. Look at this pic and the pics posted above to see if you can work out the rim sizing. FYI that blue zed has the same RIM front and rear but different tyre sizing [Click to see larger pic] Here is pics of the wheel when I got the rubber installed - the one is the back is the front setup ie 16 x 8.5 -6 with 225/50/16 you can see the size of the second lip just before the spokes - compare this to the lip size in the blue car above - this leads me to believe they are 16x8.5 on that blue car - you will see the front and rear lips on the blue car has also been rolled. So does that help?
  18. great news - and excellent work on the project - so what size rubber/rim does it wear?
  19. yeah right - nothing is private - but that is why you have to pay so there is a record of who is looking up who etc....big brother is watching
  20. Sounds like you need a service like carjam here in NZ. This is service were you put in the cars rego and it will tell you history of that rego number, there is a free service part that tells you the basics and then the paid service which will give you owners history and contact details. This used to be done by the post office (were you used to do the rego) you filled out a form paid your money and got the report. This is how I found the owner of the plate I now have on my 260z. I purchased the trailer the plate was on from the owner then converted the plate to a personalised plate so I could put it on the zed. So do you guys have something like that in Oz? if you want to check out carjam.co.nz just put in a rego number and get a feel what it does. Hint our Personalised plate reasonable open so try 240z, 24oz, 260z etc - I am sure you will find my zed
  21. Very interesting. I found on another forum that states of the 4 ASP 330 build only one is left and it is Brisbane. I have emailed Rory of ASP to see what more info I can find. Love your story about the Formula Libre with the L20B you fitted - would love to see the pics. So a little more digging and you never know I might just have a plan to build a period correct Datsun/Nissan powered single seater might take me a few years to build and I will start as soon as the zed is back on the road in a few months
  22. Ok just found the ASP website - I think. http://www.asp-racing.com/models_main.html Look like that car might have been one of the 4 ASP330 constructed in early 70's for the F3 class original using Ford or Toyota power 1300 or 1500. So my guess is it had the Ford or Toyota engine replaced with the Nissan power, the rear wing fitted for a different class.
  23. Thanks for finding that - no need to scan just let me know the month/year of the mag and I will see if I can get a back catalogue from the publisher. Still wanting to find out more about that ASP in the pic above or any 70's period use of the Nissan/Datsun engine in a single seater.
  24. Email send thanks for the heads up. I will email you later too about brakes
  25. That is cheap Here in NZ once a car is 40 years old it can be registered as vintage and the rego each year is much less so maybe Lurch's early girl gets a sim deal from the insurance companies as it is now 40 years old
×
×
  • Create New...