Good evening all,

I'm not sure what to call my project, it not really a restoration, more of a reassemble and refurbishment.

I was luckily enough to become the owner of a very straight example of a 1972 240z. The guy i bought it off had the car for about 15 years. When doing the body/ paint work there were only a couple of minor rust repairs to be made. The shell was then sitting in a shed for the last 6 years untouched and collecting dust (does this count as barn find? :P)

The car came with a good chunk of the interior parts already refurbished (seats, dash etc) these have been mixed in with good condition original parts.  

I picked up the car on Saturday evening, and got it safely home Sunday afternoon. The evenings this week have all been about sorting out my garage and parts. Then delivering the parts to dad (who is helping with the project). He has been cleaning them up as we go, so when the time comes we can just assemble.    

Once we do this, i will have a better idea of what parts i need to find to put her back together. 

IMG_20200516_191149.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 005.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 008.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 014.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 018.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 023.jpg

GEOFFS PHOTOS 024.jpg

IMG-20200517-WA0032.jpg

IMG_20200520_172148.jpg

IMG_20200518_205007.jpg

Nice, I'd call it a revival or reassembly. Since restoration usually means going back to original.

Good luck, rust work is the hardest part of fixing these cars I find. So this should be relatively straight forward provided someone can guide you who is familiar with these cars.

By the way if you get a chance I'd love to know the VIN no. 72s are actually quite thin on the ground.

Welcome, sounds like a great project. Looking forward to seeing updates as you progress :)