Jump to content
JDM-TOY

400z is Coming, apparently

Recommended Posts

It's already been made by Ford controversially. Just needs a LibertyWalk kit to make it obvious!

Flat front like a 240Z, recessed headlights, the taillight panel with 3 elements tail lights, it's all there. 

download.png.df95bc4193c5222d8862ce7bb6458d2c.png

Shame it's not a 5.7L because they could have even called it a 350Z!

41398335_308708696377833_4198244666853818368_n.png

41449898_883529138521055_6037827679976161280_n.png

Edited by d3c0y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good time to launch a sports car. Amongst the greatest downturn since the 1930s. I'm sure they'll sell a bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What with the current Corvette and Mustang offerings it's hard to see that any new Zed would be competitive in the US if what Nissan have been offering Zed wise during the last 20 years is any guide. The Murricans have finally discovered handling and braking so their offerings are now beyond the drag strip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BMW Supra has a straight six but Nissan has plenty of V8 experience not that I'm a fan of DOHC V engines, too bulky and un-necessarily heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 260DET said:

The BMW Supra

Looks like Nissan may have missed their chance as the Toyota Supra looks very much like (albeit less angular) the online concept drawings of the 400Z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only hope it will look something like that render...

Mazda teased with their RX Vision concept and then never released anything.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/mazda-wants-rx-vision-115887/

Despite it being 1 of the most beautiful shapes I'd seen in years..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a scale comparison between the length of the Narava (a known length) to the Z and if there was no change in the distance between the cars in the video shoot it it looks a if the new Z might be about 4.150 meters long which almost the same as the original 240Z :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many speculations and I bet Nissan will leave fans disappointed. This is what happened when Nissan replaced the Pulsar shape with the Tiida and then realised that they needed to revive the SSS to pick up sales again.

Seems like coporate management at its best.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JDM-TOY said:

So many speculations and I bet Nissan will leave fans disappointed. This is what happened when Nissan replaced the Pulsar shape with the Tiida and then realised that they needed to revive the SSS to pick up sales again.

Seems like coporate management at its best.....

I somewhat agree. I am expecting to be disappointed (again), but hoping this time they might have got it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, gav240z said:

I somewhat agree. I am expecting to be disappointed (again), but hoping this time they might have got it right.

Disappointed with Great Joy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mannnn from the fan renders i am seeing. Some of them look cool but am mostly disappointed...

-No long nose! argh!

-No Deep light buckets

- looks still quite 370ish

Hope Nissan will surprise us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, JDM-TOY said:

Disappointed with Great Joy!

Look at it this way, if it was absolutely perfect I'd be thinking of which 240z to sell to buy it. So if it's another generic 350z/370z type deal, I won't be tempted to sell anything.. :)

I just wish Nissan did justice to the S30Z the same they do for GTRs, I mean every GTR has been a success and become a legend, but I feel they get soft on the Z. They should go back to the S30Z concept, have a simple reliable and powerful engine in the budget version, but create a halo version that shares the same engine as the GTR with similar peformance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gav240z said:

Look at it this way, if it was absolutely perfect I'd be thinking of which 240z to sell to buy it. So if it's another generic 350z/370z type deal, I won't be tempted to sell anything.. :)

I just wish Nissan did justice to the S30Z the same they do for GTRs, I mean every GTR has been a success and become a legend, but I feel they get soft on the Z. They should go back to the S30Z concept, have a simple reliable and powerful engine in the budget version, but create a halo version that shares the same engine as the GTR with similar peformance.

Could not agree more, it seems that the Z has been sacrificed so it does not compete with the GT-R performance wise. The basic problem seems to be that Nissan lost their ambition for the Z and settled for a generic semi performance coupe that was not going to get anyone excited, particularly performance potential wise. It almost seems like Nissan don't want to make waves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 260DET said:

Could not agree more, it seems that the Z has been sacrificed so it does not compete with the GT-R performance wise. The basic problem seems to be that Nissan lost their ambition for the Z and settled for a generic semi performance coupe that was not going to get anyone excited, particularly performance potential wise. It almost seems like Nissan don't want to make waves.

There is just something special about a GTR. Even my Nissan Stagea feels special when I drive it. The Rb26 etc.. when I got into an R34 GTR I just felt like this is fantastic, this is truly special. Same when I drove my FD RX7.

I don't get that excited with the 350/370z platform. It just feels generic.

It's a bit like Seinfeld, not particularly funny but everyone can watch it and get some mild laughs. The GTR really appeals to part of your brain that appreciates exceptional engineering and a package that is well put together.

I just wish they would make the Z feel special. The way my old 240z's feel special. I know it's not easy to replicate that feeling, but the modern Z's are all so toned down, and the silhouettes of the current proposed car just oozes more blandness. I really hope I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but that's why we need a halo version of a Z. Something higher priced with premium fit and finish but also performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...