George Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 Have you named your car? What is it and why did you choose that name? Quote
260DET Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 The only names my Z gets are swear words which something is not right. Quote
Six_Shooter Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 The only names my Z gets are swear words which something is not right. Yep. My 240Z is one of the first cars (that I intend to keep) that I have not named, I just haven't found anything that suits it yet. Quote
andyk_79 Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 Nothing will ever beat your MX5's name George! Aside from my wife naming my Z Fern for the green colour it is, the only other Datsun I've owned was a Sunny I had when I was 17. It was called "the Flinstones Car" by all and sundry because with an old 1.2L 4 cylinder whenever I had passengers it started to feel like the only way it was going to keep going was to stick our feet through the floor and start running. Had a baby poo yellow/cream Kingswood Station that was generally referred to as "The Beast" due to its size and lack of handling, although I'm sure a lot of cars get dubbed the beast at some point Quote
Ledge Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 I used to call mine, Fukinsik Now I call it brokenpeiceofsschitt Quote
Agno Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 I used to call mine, Fukinsik Now I call it brokenpeiceofsschitt What an amazing coincidence, our cars have the same name! Quote
1600dave Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 The kids like naming stuff - our caravan is "Cleopatra the caravan", when we bought the Hilux to tow said caravan, he was named "Hercules the Hilux". The 180B is called "BOB", "BLOB" or "I-BOB" Old 1600 is called "HNNNNN" from its numberplate (HNN-350). New 1600 is "TJ" - again after its old numberplate, even though that plate is long gone. Wife's old Corolla was "the pig" (numberplate SOW-500) Brother's z was (rather unimaginatively) named the "26 ounce" The fairlady's don't have names yet, not surprising since they haven't left my brother's shed since the day I brought them home...... Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted October 30, 2014 Moderators Posted October 30, 2014 Had a baby poo yellow/cream Kingswood Station that was generally referred to as "The Beast" due to its size and lack of handling, although I'm sure a lot of cars get dubbed the beast at some point I had a similar one 308 TH400 Wagon. Also called the beast, as it was a beast of a thing to drive. Have never really named any other cars. Quote
MATTY Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 my Zed too only cops harsh names sadly. but she doenst have a name yet. My 180sx on the other hand was given the name Jill for a bit as the old plate was 347- JLL. the name caused a bit of shit for a new missus back in the day and kept asking me who the hell Jill was lol Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted October 30, 2014 Administrators Posted October 30, 2014 I give my cars nicknames but I never actually call them by it when referring to them, just in my mind that's what they're called. 1. 72 240z is Evie after the Stevie Wright Song of 3 parts. - I always loved the song, but at the time I got my 240z (or round-about) there was a cover of it by "The Wrights" - which was a sort of Aussie music power group. I remember listening to the song in my 240z driving it down to Sorrento / Rye over summer whilst still a Uni Student (broke as .....). 2. I called the RX-7 Tabitha. 3. We recently got a Suzuki Jimny and my sister has 1 also. She called hers Jim Jam and I couldn't use that so I called mine Jimny Hendrix or just Hendrix for short. 4. I haven't named the Gold 240z yet, but I was thinking Mean Mr Mustard after the Beatles song would be appropriate. Either that or SADNUT (If you re-arrange DATSUN). 5. I called the dog "DATSUN" and at first it was odd, now it's normal to me. Makes other dog owners and people in the park giggle and they always say "Oh like the "120Y" or "280B" - never 240z. Quote
44014 Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 We have to name our cars as its gets confusing when we all get together and talk about the z ... 6 z's in total at one stage between 3 guys. Quote
260DET Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 Dat son of mine Nissan Cedric? Nothing real, just a bit of a ramble. Quote
CroS13 Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 The wife names all my cars... The S15 is "Drifty" (because of the plates) and her Suzuki is "Swifty" She also named the zed "Daisy" because well.... i don't really know.... "it looks like a Daisy" she said.... Rudolf. Quote
dat240z Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 The wife names all my cars... The S15 is "Drifty" (because of the plates) and her Suzuki is "Swifty" She also named the zed "Daisy" because well.... i don't really know.... "it looks like a Daisy" she said.... Rudolf. Haha, my Mrs also called the Z daisy - as it was bright yellow L24 i guess. Now its sprayed hypo focus green and RB track orientated it has lost that tag...... daisy became the hulk. Quote
Gordo Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 For me it's just the red one or the white one. If you have two people don't know which one you are talking about. So it's easy to say the red one or the white one. That's what I call em. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.