-
Posts
359 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by 600Z
-
Hi Guys, I set up my cam in the car yesterday and thought I’d go for a bit of a cruise through the Sideling here in Tassie and over to St Helens and do a loops. Here are a couple of videos if your interested, I didn’t go too hard as it’s been awhile since I have driven the road along with you never know what’s coming around the corner and I do like my licence but it was still a fun outing. Cheers, Justin
-
Hi guys just wondering what one is worth? Justin
-
Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum and I have to say very nice car I certainly didn't see that one come up for sale. Cheers, Justin
-
Hi Roger, Yes and no, there is actually a good article on using pathfinder axles and CV's so there is a combination there if you have a set of four bolt Z31 shafts but then you need the companion flanges to suit at your axle end from whitehead performance.
-
Hi Roger, I have been doing a bit of reading in regards to this as well as I have a couple of 4:11 diffs I want to confer to LSD's too. From what I understand is that the viscous diffs use a longer input shaft to pick up the viscous drive so this would mean you would have to sort out CV's and adapters to suit the new flanges on the input shafts. Apparently if you get the mechanical LSD out of the short nose r200 diffs they bolt straight in but depending on the diffs the crown wheel bolts vary between 10mm and 12mm so you would have to check yours on the longnose first otherwise the bolts won't go through into the new hemisphere. There is a fair amount of info on this conversion on the net but I'm sure there would be someone on here who has done it who can point us both in the right direction. Cheers, Justin
-
I possibly have one though won't be able to check for three weeks Justin
-
Lol that's handy to know and makes me happy I can change them over. Thanks for that.
-
Just a quick question, does anyone know if you can swap drivers side with passengers side door handles? Had one of the boys mates try and open a locked door and broke the passengers side handle and they are color coded to the car Not happy at all..... Cheers, Justin
-
From whatnot I could grind with some digging on numbers of cars that came to Australia and have found the following. 240Z's : 2358 260Z's : 1123 These are 2 seater versions of the 260Z's Not sure how accurate it is but it's what I found. I'm sure others might have better numbers. Justin
-
Hi Jonathan, The hoist comes with a jacking beam that runs between the platforms that you can slide back and forth. But also as your have the full platform (ramp)'either side you can use the normal scissor jack and normal jacking points. If you want to play with wheel alignment you can as well as the car is sitting on its wheels so it's easy to work on underneath rather then being on the ground. Justin
-
Hi Gav, I have one of the four post hoists the same as in the link below. It's easy enough to jack the car up while on it if you want to take the wheels off or do suspension work and much more stable and if you have the height at least you can stand under the car to work on it. No need to bolt down like a two post and comes with wheels if you want to move it around. I'd just work out what your wanting it to do and wether it would get in the way for some of the work your planning on doing. I also use mine for storage to get one of the cars up out of the way. It was $3000 delivered to my door in Tassie. Cheers, Justin https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132312709213
-
Hi Aircobra, Paul Henshaw has fitted one to his time attack race car though hasn't had a chance to get it out on the race track as yet. Another went into a mates targa car and it's done one targa series since with no issues at all. As for any other members having one, no there aren't any members here who have fitted one sorry. The unit is certainly not a generic one from either of those places or any other place, the main unit is from a particular vehicle just like theirs are but not from the same vehicle as theirs if that makes sense but from one that matches our zed columns very well and tucks up under the dash better then theirs. I made my original unit up as I didn't like the ones that are available and I didn't want to use hydraulic for several reasons plus I wanted mine to be street legal which it is. That's not to say you can't get the others passed you would just have to get the welds tested and submit all the information to vehicle modifications and then checked, just as you have to do with hydraulic conversions if you want it to be legal and be covered by your insurance. Cheers, Justin
-
Replacable Bearings/bushes In 280 Distributor?
600Z replied to aircobra's topic in Electrical systems
Shaft wear will always cause problems. That's a pretty good write up on rebuilding one but yes a shame he didn't say where he got the parts from. I have seen in other posts where guys but complete new aftermarket 280zx units which might be the way to go in the long run. Flick through some of the old posts and I'm sure you will come across them as you wouldn't be the only one that's been in this situation. -
Replacable Bearings/bushes In 280 Distributor?
600Z replied to aircobra's topic in Electrical systems
Actually i remember now the one I did the bush for was what looked like a steel bush, sorry was a while ago. -
Replacable Bearings/bushes In 280 Distributor?
600Z replied to aircobra's topic in Electrical systems
Just a plain bush, like a spigot bush in the end of your crankshaft. You would be able to tap it out from the other end using a long pin punch or a steel rod I'd think but I turned mine out as at that time I didn't realise it was replaceable. The shaft was shiny but no real wear. Do you specifically want to stay with points? -
Replacable Bearings/bushes In 280 Distributor?
600Z replied to aircobra's topic in Electrical systems
I have but I turned them up in my lathe out of bronze and worked no problem. -
Hi Guys, If there is anyone looking for a R200 3:7 open centre from a Z31, there is one for sale for $100 in Brisbane. It's advertised on Gumtree or PM me for his number.
-
Hi Peter, There HSD shocks, I have a spare adjuster in my toolbox, it's 3mm. Though yours look like they could be larger from the pictures, get in touch with otomoto as they should be able to tell you the size. http://otomoto.shop033.com/p/8771201/hsd-damper-adjuster-clicker-monopro-type.html Justin
-
That's not as much as I was sort of expecting, the VW Mahle pistons would end up being close on $1200.
-
What's a set of pistons from SPS cost? Not sure if I go with them or just use a mahle forged VW pistons.
-
You can actually put a 6.0L in one legally but that's the limit. It's been covered a few times like the guys say and easier to do considering your looking at a 260Z. Justin
-
Certainly sounding like it's in the front then
-
Interesting article also mentioning road surface and rear brakes causing it as well. https://nasaspeed.news/tech/brakes/pad-knock-back-what-it-is-how-it-happens-and-what-to-do-about-it/
-
Roger just another thought are you sure it's the front? And not rear axle defection causing it as it would be hard to know if it's the front or rear as I'd say your just sensing your pedal going further down?
-
Hi Roger, I totally agree I guess I should have made my comments a bit more separated as with the wheel flex I was more referring to it hitting the time rid end and yes no doubt a combination. The TTT struts look very good and I'm sure they would stop the axle flex but it's a costly exercise if it doesn't fix the knock back issue with the brakes. Have you asked TTT why they produced them apart from the obvious but was it to combat camber due the strut flexing or the axle flexing, no doubt both but the axle to where the caliper brackets are is very close so your talking about a lot of flex there I'd think to give much knock back. Harsh bumps put more stresses on the axle etc then cornering I'd think. Maybe get a couple of dial indicators and set them up on your suspension e.g. from caliper mounting to disc and strut to disc then use a winch to pull your car sideways to try and simulate a corner, even chick the front wheel some how or in a shallow gutter so you can really load it up. Might find something and be worth a try before spending that amount on those sexy struts though they are nice lol Justin
