Jump to content

PB260Z

Moderators
  • Posts

    3,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Everything posted by PB260Z

  1. Gidday Nice looking Z. Whats it worth is a tough question, 15-20K ?? If the body is good under the paint, but that is really just a wild guess. Plenty of people have been looking for 2 seaters but not sure how many want an RB25 powered one. If it was 2+2 I would come for a look. In my opinion I would do a couple things that would help you sell. - supply photo or other evidence of the quality of the body work done in 1999, if you have it. - Fix as many of the little things as you can, small faults can cast a shadow over the quality of the entire car. Good luck with the sale.
  2. Was having a similar thought, but wasn't sure if maybe I had missed something ?
  3. So, yet again, all that glitters is not gold.
  4. Gdday I had no idea how much work you put in to keep this forum running. Well done on a top job, I for one appreciate it. Cheers PB
  5. Thanks for tip Benny, heaps cheaper than what I paid for set recently
  6. I'll check the library at work, not likely but you never know.
  7. Hi Mate Can't imagine to mamy people would publicy name an inspector that is more lenient than others. I woud suggest staying away from big franchised operations, better to go for smaller operators who ideally have similar cars in for work. Cheers PB
  8. I remeber in the early 80's Mazda did have a stripped down RX-7 available for racing use. From memory had manual windows, no heater or audio gear, no soundproofing. Can't remeber what else was omitted.
  9. Hi Great post and Yes you will have saved someone a trip and possibly money. Insofar as finding a car, they do come along from time to time. Karma has way of looking after those who do good by others. Cheers PB
  10. Another factor that comes into play is the way the automotive industry manages old parts stock. Having managed the Parts dept of new car dealership I have been involved in disposing of old stock that is taking up useful and expensive storage space. I would provision a certain amout every month to cover the cost of writing off and disposing of the stock. When dealing with very large stock holdings ($1M+) it just becomes all the about the numbers and devoid of any emotion. The net result is once a car gets about 10years out of production parts very rapidily disappear from the shelves.
  11. PB260Z

    Head savers

    I'm a little curious, if your mechanic has built plenty of race engines and is recomending a shim, why are you unsure of his advice ? Regardless of that the N42 has a cc of 44.6, measure the cc of yours and you will get an indication of just how much has been removed and the percentage reduction in cc and ultimately the impact on the CR. The link below is thread that discusses the different head cc values. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=6012.0
  12. PB260Z

    Head savers

    Depends on how much was taken off, and what CR you would have as a result. If the CR is not to high, agree 100% with the previous post by 44014.
  13. Have you looked or considered any of these ? http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?area=Stock&vertical=car&sortBy=TopDeal&q=(((Make%3D%5BDatsun%5D)%26(Model%3D%5B260Z%5D))%26(Service%3D%5BCarsales%5D))&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
  14. Interesting idea indeed In my experience powder coating does not give a finish as good or as consistent as painting. Cheers PB
  15. Very wise words indeed. As a journalist once said to me "an average car driven well will beat poorly driven Ferrari every time"
  16. Any sign of the car ever having had driving lights or airhorns ?
  17. Wonder what the rails and rad support are like ?
  18. Intellegent, handsome & photogenic
  19. FWIW - Years ago I went to my local wreckers, an old style wrecking yard and got a bucket full of bolts, nuts etc. He had a 44 full them. They all needed a clean and some were stuffed but I ended up a good selection of automotive nuts & bolts for I think $20 That collection is still serving me well to this day. Just a thought
  20. Hi Rudi, Really glad to hear that despite the weather you all had a lovely day. Cheers PB
  21. Hi Ross Woth a sensible budget like that you will do well. There have been a couple of very nice 2+2's on carsales recently. Good luck with the search Cheers PB
  22. Thanks for the link. They found a Z that needed no body work - amazing. Also, different starters between Auto & Manual ?
  23. Welcome Jon That is a couple of nice looking cars in that photo. Cheers PB
  24. Yeah, $60 - $100 is more like what I would have guessed.
  25. Hi Mate, I think that hole is for the radiator overflow hose or drain - The A/C pipes go through the rad support.
×
×
  • Create New...