Jump to content

PB260Z

Moderators
  • Posts

    3,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Everything posted by PB260Z

  1. Some great cars in that video - tough day in the office for Chris
  2. Hi Andrew In response to your questions 1. I can't think of anyone I woud recomend for checking a Z 2. I do my own mechanical work, these are not complicated cars. There are some good mechanical shops around, whereabouts in Sydney are you. Cheers PB
  3. No real surprise that it didn't take long to sell - well done
  4. Hi Tony Preferences noted, I am also in favour of Windsor on a Sunday. Cheers PB
  5. Hi, Welcome. As Gav says both those cars are better than most of the cars that have sold recently. However the Blue car is showing signs of rust in most of the common places. You would want to get someone knowledgeable to have a good look at it. I will be very interested in what it ends ip selling for. Good luck in your search for a car. Cheers PB
  6. Hi, Definately put on ebay. I had a few old Genuine Holden ones HJ vintage, and got a silly amount of money for them. I kept the mint FJ one though. Cheers PB
  7. I would suggest All Z Parts as well. I was there on Saturday and Allan was busily taking phone orders. Cheers PB
  8. That is indeed good news
  9. Yes, any competent Diff / Gearbox shop can do the swap However you need to confirm what diff is in it now, Ratio, R180 or R200 and which type of half shafts ? A photo of diff will answer the R180/R200 question Cheers PB PS: have you got a couple of EFI workshop manual ? it is simply written and explains not only the operation of the system but also trouble shooting.
  10. Hi All I am starting to put some serious thought into the planning of the next run. Based on all the above am thinking meet up in the north west and head to wisemans - maybe. Has anyone got a suggestion for an initial meeting point ? Dural or Windsor maybe ? Cheers PB
  11. Gidday, Welcome, what sort of condition are you looking for in a project car, complete rebuild, or just needing a good tidy up ? Cars do come up from time to time, but you will need to act quickly when a car that is close to your needs cimes along. Cheers PB
  12. Hi Mate Sounds like a fun day - much jealous ! Cheers PB
  13. Hi The mount will usualy look OK, it takes a fair amount of force for the diff to roll up. You will need to get a lever or similar in there and see what movement is present. Mine had some areas were the movement had worn the paint off. Cheers PB
  14. PB260Z

    Thredbo Trip Off?

    And ain't that the trurh - There are a lot of cars off the road right now.
  15. Hi Mate Both the supply and return steel fuel lines on my '77 are 8mm (5/16) external. The smaller pipes on mine are brake lines. Cheers PB
  16. Plenty of interesting stories around the media and net.He seems to be Mr. Teflon though.
  17. Not saying Mossy didn't know what he purchased, no doubt he does. More just that the car is a interesting collection of parts. Cheers PB
  18. Gidday Welcome to the east, what area did you end up choosing to base yourself in ? Don't know any panel shops I would be happy to recomend but andyk_79 is using a shop in Sydney and seems to be happy with the work on his car. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/12055-andrews-1972-240/page-7 Cheers PB
  19. Has a 240 dash though ? Either way would be an ambitious project.
  20. PB260Z

    Cars And Coffee

    Hi, Thanks for posting, looks like it was good morning with a wide cross section of vehicles.
  21. Hi Andrew No not the strap, we are referring to the bonded rubber mount that goes between the nose of the diff and the cross member. As an aside, if you have broken the strap, I would say the mount referred above is broken - the strap is intended to "catch" any excessive upward movement that a broken mount would allow. Cheers PB
  22. Hi, I believe he only wants some selected parts. I will leave it to him to comment further on his plans for the car. Cheers PB
  23. Time for another update George ?
  24. Welcome Great introduction thread. There is nothing quite like a road trip for getting to know a car, and passengers, good and bad points. Keep the updates coming. Cheers PB
  25. Just thinking, is your speedo acurate ? If it is then looking at the colour of the drive gear will tell you diff ratio, and easier than popping the diff cover off. Another way to tell is count the input v output revolutions
×
×
  • Create New...