Jump to content

PB260Z

Moderators
  • Posts

    3,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Everything posted by PB260Z

  1. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fisher/engine-engine-parts-transmission/datsun-260z/1101389634
  2. Quote Lisa Wilkinson "No Datsun 180B - a lot of holes in that list" But seriously, probably showing my age but have driven a couple of those and had the opportunity to purchase before the boom in prices - but didn't.
  3. Welcome Mark Buying 2 Z's straight up - well done. Amazing that some say they can't finds cars to purchase ? Looking forward to seeing what you do with the 260Z Cheers PB
  4. Welcome. Great to see another 2+2 seeing regular use. +1 on looking forward to more pics and a build thread. Cheers PB
  5. Hi, Glad it was a simple fix. You are not the first person to a confounding problem turn out to be something simple (and cheap) Cheers PB
  6. That Sux. I hope the damage isn't to bad.
  7. Ha Ha, the only catch is will I be in Sydney, I have a LOT of travel in the next month or two. If in Sydney I will be there. Cheers PB
  8. Hi, Thanks, have replied to your PM Cheers PB
  9. It certainly looks honest enough. But does seem to have signs of rust in plenty of areas. Would be well worth a look if you were local to it. Even has a few weeks rego to help you get it home.
  10. Yeah, a mate of mine has the issue. Whilst the unit uses Gas to heat, it needs 240V to ignite. It can be got around by running a 240V 300W invertor off your car and plug the unit directly into that. Cheers PB
  11. Hi Alan Thanks for helping yet again, it is not urgent I did some research and fiddling yesterday and they are only required for the A/C operation. I got the ventilation working by connecting the single line that comes through the firewall direct to the inlet manifold. Currently the A/C is not connected and connecting it is not on the top of the list Cheers PB
  12. Wow that looks very tidy, especially when compared to this one that I have just given away.
  13. Hi Gav It was great to be out and about in the Z, did near on 100ks criss crossing Sydney. I am very happy with how the Bus is running and looking, can't wait to see how she looks with the 15X8's Cheers PB
  14. Gidday Maybe try Warren at All-Z-Parts. When I was there on Saturday he a had a few tanks, not sure if they were S30 though. Cheers PB
  15. Hi, Dropped into Rudi's today and must say that the car is looking good, very good. You have done some great work, reading this thread you don't really get a true impression as to how good it is looking. Also, first time I have seen a resto that didn't need work on the slam panel. Cheers PB
  16. That is crazy, what is with prices these days ? Yes I realize people aren't always getting what they ask, but seriously ?? Can't imagine there would be enough demand for this part to justify making replicas.
  17. Gidday I would say that you can, I have converted from Auto to Manual (as have countless others) and it would appear that the cars are same, don't really understand why they just didn't fit every car with the auto accelerator pedal ?
  18. Hi, Now the car is on the road I want to sort out a few little things, one of them is the cabin ventilation. Being a 1977 it has vacuum operated controls. The problem I have is all the vacuum lines lead to these little solenoids and they are broken Does anybody have a couple of these spare. Cheers PB
  19. The pedal for the auto has a little tab on the rod on the hamd end to activate the kickdown switch. It can be seen in the diagram.
  20. Hi Mate Glad the indicator work out for you. Once insurance companies get involved things seem to just slow down. Cheers PB
  21. Yeah, it certainly came down. I was in the workshop, sorting out a small issue with 2+2 and drinking beer from beer can shaped fridge. The water is still running down the road now Time to build a boat and collect some animals
  22. $899.00 and that would be USD, $1,200 Aussie - Speechless
  23. Hi Anthony How did you get getting the panel damage repaired ? Cheers PB
  24. Yeah, I tied MSA. They could only supply 2 seater 1/4 panel badges. I ended up tidying up and using silicone to attached the ones I had. Would be interested in new 2+2 if you know a supplier. Cheers PB
  25. PM Replied, Will call you tomorrow
×
×
  • Create New...