Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Might be best to sort it out before a long drive, doesn't sound good. Sam, did you pack the wheel bearings with grease?
  2. I love the Ferrari replicas, the Z's already have a great looking shape but this style has to be one of the most appealing ever made. Please make sure there's plenty of updates on the progress Peter.
  3. Hehe. I got NOS ones a few years ago which are the ones on the car, so these are spares I don't really need. I'll send PM
  4. Seems to be ok now.
  5. Drivers side. The vinyl is a little rough on the bottom front corner.
  6. Hey guys, I have my original door cards up for sale. Good condition for 40yrs old. $150 pick up only.
  7. Simon, one reason for part of it would be what we were chatting about recently Seems to be quite a few builds happening, although I don't think there's as many build threads being done and the reasons for that I'm not sure. I would've thought everyone who had a car would have a build thread, it's a great way to keep track of the work done to the car if you ever decide to sell up and you'll get plenty of encouragement, advice along the way. We'll hold you to that Pete!
  8. I like the bullet type a bit more, closer to the body and the convex lens would be handy
  9. Looks to be some sort of fault with a power board on top of a timber cabinet, it wasn't running anything and the safety switches tripped but it still went up.
  10. Would they attach to the stainless window frame? I like the stems, when fitted I don't think they'd look out of place.
  11. Here is what remains... :'( Pic.1) Noddy mobile. Pic.2) Race car, restored shell is behind it under stuff. Pic.3) Work bench and tool area. Pic.4) The garage, 25mx12m. We live to fight another day!
  12. Thanks mate, that's very kind. We will keep it in mind.
  13. Yeah was insured. Like you say all the blood, sweat, tears, and memories aren't. Also there's the task of trying to remember everything that was in there.
  14. Sorry mate, I don't have the part numbers. You can them from any R180 diff, even the old Subaru's. There was a few at centre rd wreckers two weeks ago.
  15. Early today my brothers shed caught fire. The result was EVERYTHING burned to the ground, he managed to save a tractor by driving it away with the tyres on fire! He lost three 1600's. A 68 1600, road car owned/daily driven for 20+yrs, it had a SSS dash rebuilt L20b with twin mikuni's only just fitted. A 1600 race car that was 50% complete and was rebuilt over 5yrs. A pristine restored 1600 shell in primer. Then there's all the spares (a heap) built up over 20yrs from three different states and more tools than you could imagine :'( The 'Noddy Mobile' with my car about two months ago.
  16. Very shexy
  17. I have previously used the option to remove my individual posts, but next to this topic on the wanted board there is no red X P.S. I type all my posts with an 18" stillson and a mash hammer, technology is my nemesis.
  18. Exhaust artwork Dave! It's probably something you know already and it's a while off, but before you fire up the car with the exhaust on wipe it down with windex or prepsol. The oil from clean fingers/hands will leave marks that bake onto the stainless, I learnt the hard way with my headers.
  19. :-\ Not sure what's going on there, here's the body length on mine. I would've thought the rears would be longer than fronts, I'll see If I have the part number from them.
  20. Yeah Sam it's pretty easy, 30mins should be plenty. 1/2" rachet to undo drain plug on the bottom, 250-300mm shifter to undo fill plug on the side. Do it on level ground, and make sure you can undo the fill plug first. EDIT: I put all 'female' plugs in my gearbox and diff. I find them stronger than the 'male' square plugs and there's less chance of rounding them off if they are done up tightly.
  21. I use one of these, the brand is 'Tom Thumb'.
  22. This sunday is the show. Weather forcast is possible showers, 50% chance of rain and 11 degrees maximum. Looks ok at the moment. If the weather is going to be crap I'm out.
  23. Found! Mods can remove topic.
  24. ACL heat shield is excellent and should definitely help out. It's available at supercheap auto for about $50-$60 IIRC, easily bent into any shape you require.
×
×
  • Create New...