-
Posts
540 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by bluerat
-
Hey Jase, yeah pretty happy with it straight off the trailer, as it only has a std front and no rear bar, I'd say the very stiff, old school, gravel spec Bilsteins are doing the job! It dart's around a lot, if it was the 1600 I'd say it was toeing out about 10mm! I'll bolt in the bump steer spacers that came with it and see if that helps. I've also got to re-train the brain a bit...throttle control for one, you can drive the 1600 with a on/off switch, not the Zed, LOL. Loving the engine, no dyno time yet, just a heap of Lambda tuning, but it hauls, a real tribute to the builder. Mick, you will be happy to know I've got an Ebay 3 core on the way, fingers crossed it will be here before the Kart track lap sprint. Oh yeah, leave the Wankle at home...you'll have a current world motor sport champion to try and beat in class E...
-
First event was the Baskerville Historics at the start of the month, then a lap Sprint at Symmons last weekend.
-
-
-
-
-
They have just started stamping out new front guards to suit the 1600 Mick. Dural Datsun were test fitting a set, try them on Facebook. If you have trouble with finding a steel bonnet try Alpha fibreglass in Melb, they do a top job. Grab a R30 5 speed, shorter and bolt in with no mod's and a 4.1 diff and she will be as sweet as!! Sorry just spotted she is an Auto, just go the 4.1!! Hodgo
-
Not with those early one's Gareth...they are extra stiff!! LOL. Mate, like a lot of thing's it might or might not do much, but at the end of the day they are pretty light and it can't hurt. Mine had more bracing than an Orthodontist's when I got it.....and I know it completely changed the handling of Scando's green monster when they put the welded cage in it. Anyway what were #16's lap's times like, that's what I look at! Hey Dimitri I've heard that at least one of the early ones have been out of the shed lately!!
-
Thanks Dimitri, a couple of mate's said they had seen a single digit car at the nationals a few years ago... so they weren't hallucinating. I presume 'Road and Track' was an old Aussie Mag, not the still going USA Magazine? I take it no 16 was NZ'ers old car? Look's like he has done a top job with the restro.
-
I just dragged this out again and had a re-read, I was a bit surprised there was not more discussion about it!! Anyway...Is no 16 the oldest 240Z in Australia? and is what he said in the article true about production starting at 13. Hoping I'm not opening some sort of can of worms here? Hodgo
-
Roll cage padding Moratorium until end June 2013
bluerat replied to dat2kman's topic in Racing Your Car
Just a quick one DET, my understanding is that you only need the padding where your head can contact the roll cage, If you have a half cage with the hoop behind your seat you shouldn't need any of the new type padding, there you go saved you 40 bucks. Hodgo -
Howdy Megs, Rodney Hyland Wreakers in sunny Wynyard have just got a complete and tidy 280zx in, if your chasing bits. Hodgo
-
Great write up in 'Race' Gareth, top read.
-
Tassie here i come, need something delivered?
bluerat replied to Scoota G's topic in General Discussions
A-ha, that explains a couple of thing's, A. Why Mick had the Zed parked out the front with such a crap weather forecast and B. Why he had his good work shirt on!...mind you he was wearing a suit in the workshop on Friday. Hope he took you for a spin Scoota and I hope you gave Lyle a good rev up about owning a Rotary. Hodgo -
Hi Adam, We just changed the rear strut tubes in my 240z with off the shelf Commodore front tubes. You have to machine down the tube a tiny bit or machine out the holes they sit in (Which is what we did) and cut them to length. Hodgo
-
Roll cage padding Moratorium until end June 2013
bluerat replied to dat2kman's topic in Racing Your Car
Thank's Jase, We had our first speed event on the weekend, a Hillclimb and enforced it...LOL The club brought 40 or 50 lengths from Revolution, and sold them at $40 a length. One length was plenty enough to do each car. around a 30cm length on the side bar near your head and a shorter length on the cage leg near your shoulder and maybe a short length on the windscreen cross brace. We copied what the 'Targa' car's in attendence had. I was Cheif Scrut and was happy to sign off on the above, as was the Stewards. Hodgo -
Dragged the old blue battler out for another run on the weekend, a hillclimb at the Barrington rowing course. It's a ripper of a road, 31 corners in 2km. It was mostly 'damp' all day, so plenty of skids. Mick hasn't posted his in car video yet, so I'll pop up mine s a warm up. His will be a ripper!! Yeah I know...that 5th not 3rd...bloody Option 1's!! Oh yeah the Zed....bent rear strut's and a few other small issues have put us behind, but we are still surging ahead, Catch ya Hodgo
-
Would you buy this if u had 75k+ to spend on a car
bluerat replied to Fairlady Z's topic in General Discussions
Hey Pete, Is one a Gentleman who owns a wreaking yard in Geeeeelong? I heard he was chasing big bucks. -
I did what Jason suggested on my 1600 (A rose joint on both ends and angle iron bolted to the orginal hole), it has 5 1/2 degrees on it, ie 50mm added to the bottom arms and it works a treat. Hodgo Sorry Edit, it's an adjustable bar with verticle holes....
-
The 'ol Smurf's Blood is the duck's gut's Gordo, great stuff.
-
Sourcing new genuine Nissan part in Oz?
bluerat replied to Riceburner's topic in General Maintenance
Your lucky, my local guy's didnt even know what a R200 was!! -
N/A Lurchie...So I was told, then again they didn't know what a R200 diff was...
-
Ok Pal, looks like there 21.5mm total length, thread length 19mm and the tread is .6 Cheers
-
LOL For sure....Anyway it's full steam ahead !! My nutsert kit has been getting a flogging over the weekend and Leeroy's talked me into keeping the "Centerally mounted turning device" which should be fun...the pedal box has had a referb and the throttle cable is mounted as well as fuel pumps, surge tank etc. The diff boy's were given a little 'moter'vational speech this arvo as well.. Hey Dimitri, any tip's on where to get some new 3.5mm bolts that hold on the indicator lens? Local nut and bolt shop is stumped?
-
Mate if you did an 'Elliott Datsun' I'm sure you would sell a heap in Tassie.
