-
Posts
540 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by bluerat
-
Great photo's there Thommo, It's a great event, really looking foward to the day I can get over for a look, shift work keeps getting in the way. Dat2Kman has the race face on!
-
I like your work Craig! It's a shame we havn't heard from the member who had an L, then a RB and has gone back to the mighty L.....
-
Ripper!! Twin cam modern engine horsepower is easy, and expected. Getting grunt out of a single cam lump from the late 60's, well thats cool and un-expected. Theres nothing better than rounding up some twit with all the bell's and whistles in your old school grunter, simple as that. Plus all the classes and event's I want to run you can only use an L series. If you want a Skyline motor, buy a Skyline... Plus I have never seen a powerfull N/A RB? but I'm sure NZeder will prove me wrong there!! Catch ya, Hodgo
-
Very Cool, looks good.
-
Just checked the results and Sidden's in his red 240Z is up to 2nd outright in the classic section behind Rex Broadbent in a 911.
-
If you gab the latest 'Tarmac' magazine Scott, it has all the spectator points in it along with map's and all the cars listed. The Grasstree hill stage is the last one for the event and the closest to Hobart on Sunday Arvo, road closed at 12.13 and 1st car due at 1.13pm. It's out at Risdon, you turn up the hill at the roundabout below the prison.
-
-
Scando popped up to the north of the state and competed in our Kart track lap sprint day and carved up the local's to score a 2nd outright behind a WRX STI tarmac rally car, and 1st in class. It looked and sounded fantastic!! what a weapon.
-
Yeah it's a very handy tool. I scored it off a mate with a clubman, hence the locost site. Trust me I played around with different ratio's for years at Symmons and it all comes down to horsepower! and where the power is made. I tried 3.9, 4.1 and 4.4 and the top speed, via GPS, only varied 2-3 kmh you need power to push that air!! the 4.4 was quickest as it got out of the corners quicker and held higher gears through the slower corners, and it was a very top heavy engine power wise. My new motor makes more power, lower in the rev's and the 4.1 is around a sec a lap quicker than the 4.4 now. It's very handy at hillclimbs working out weather to change up or hold a gear in to corners as`well.
-
Here Guy's have a play with this... http://www.locost7.info/gearcalc.php Using my .86 5th 260Z box as an example(3.9 diff and 225/50 16's), 6500 rpm in 5th is 230kmph. And Dave, changing the ratio to 3.7 and tyre size to 205/50/15 (Guess?) you were doing 5000 rpm at 180kmh. Changing your diff ratio to a 4.4 will give you 180 kmh at 6200 rpm. Food for thought!
-
I'd have room for another two car's or 4 vintage MX bikes if is wasn't for 150 bales of horse race fuel, as the wife call's them, or cubes of misery as i call them...
-
The important question.....will it tow the Zed?? plenty of room for spares when you go racing!!
-
I was a bit late getting on to this, It would of been interesting to look at the delevery documents and see when it was sold new, being such an early number?
-
Sorry Adrian that was a miss print, eliminate 'Pre' from the above, my stuff up. I am a big 1600 fan, and I know the problems the boys in Nc etc are having with the 5 speeds but I did mean the 240Z. I have a 68 1600 in stock if you want to upset any pompus HRC boy's! It's a fine line over the date debate and in the overall scheme of thing's doesn't really matter, unless you own an early car and want it dated with-in a month or two? The car itself and the enjoyment it brings you is the important thing.
-
I've just had a look on the Zhome regisiter and if that is to be beleived, the 1969 Aussie Zed is a myth! If you compare the 240Z on the WA register no. 00030 with engine number in the late 9000's to the US car's it was built in July 1970. Like it was mentioned before it may have been built before and set aside, but it looks likes it was finished in mid 1970. The two earlier cars on the HS30 list on the USA site are both quoted to be built in 1970. What do you think? This looks to me to be an easy way to check any date, as long as the L24's were fitted in numbered order. Or an I barking up the wrong tree, or barking mad, lol. Catch ya, Hodgo
-
AHA that explains it!! I just read in ADB that KTM are thinking of a 2 stroke 'Burg!! If im ever in Melbourne with the bike, I'll look you up, there seems to be heaps of top riding in the Vic highlands. We're pretty spoilt down here in Tassie as well.
-
Very interesting guy's. I've alway been told the pre '69 Aussie Zed's were a myth started so people could run a certain historic race class? Alan would you have a list to compare very early engine numbers to work out a build date?
-
Good work Kato....will you stick with the L series now? Looks like you've got some work ahead of you, all good fun though. It's amazing what's in sheds around the place. Why is the Burg half a KTM? If so, does that make it a quarter a Husky? remember they took all the best bit's to Italy...
-
Sound's like it's all going well fella's. Glad you called into the ranch, it was great to put some names to faces and have a (quick) look at a your zed's. I should of lent you a set of pace notes for the gorge, just to show how they worked? remember keep those windows clean and catch ya soon, Hodgo
-
Gday Guy's, Just got back in the door from Targa Wrestpoint this weekend, and Im sorry to read about the above ding's. This one might cost a little more to fix, and of course no insurance.....Mr.Week's Lambo. That's him giving it the big heave-ho in the bottom photo.
-
Great Photo's. Do you know if the Zed in the modern photo's (the one with his Mrs looking real happy) is a x-works car? My French isn't that good. I'd love one of those 'Old Woking service station' window stickers. Those Cedric's are pretty cool service vechicles, you would look great today turning up to a HRA event today with one of those and a Zed/1600 in tow!! The Datsun Aust rally team service vans were pretty cool as well, Urvans with triple carb'd six's!
-
LOL, All I'm trying to say is, If you want to try drifting, give it a go. Join the local CAMS/AASA car club, grab a calander and see when theres a practice day or low level drift day and go along and have a run. Sure the Zed isn't ideal for it at the upper levels but it's what you have and it will go sideway's!! Your not going to win, but you will have a lot of fun. While your at it try a motokhana, hillclimb and a clubday (lap sprint) There all a lot cheaper than a fine from the cops. Surely we should be getting people into this sort of thing and not bagging out new members for suggesting it? Use these great car's for what they were intended for, stock, modified or what ever. Have some real fun with them. By the way I live in a Hi-lux/Cruiser/Ag200/Big Red type neighborhood!!
-
Not high champ, There are at least 5 240/260Z's with in a 20km radius of my house and I hardly live in a high density area! I've seen six different 240/260Z's racing here in Tassie the last 2 years (not counting Rally Tas and the Targas), like I said there not rare, far from it and have you built anything else before?? Zed's are real cheap!! Compare them to anything else, bang for buck, there the bargin of the sporting world! Sorry to highjack your thread, But I'm not the one in dream land....
-
Mate, go for it. Zed's are not rare, far from it, they are cheap to build, replacement fibreglass panels are easy to get. mtopsecret6 is spot on, get a 4.8 or 4.6 R180 from a 720 ute, tighten the handbrake and go and try a local event. No pressure, just have some fun....
