Jump to content

George

Members
  • Posts

    1,981
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by George

  1. Convertible V8 "1974" 240Z in ACT for $26k http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2608430?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1
  2. I'll be there Peter.
  3. We haven't even seen a single race so I think it's premature to write it off. If the changes enable the drivers to pass each other more frequently they would have been worth it in my opinion. I really couldn't give a proverbial if Alonso is 20 thousandths faster than Hamilton in an 800hp screaming machine unless he can pass him and be passed on the track. Have a look at the races in the 80's - they passed each other! That's what I want to see. To me, that's where the excitement of racing comes from and if that means limiting power and changing things up a litte then so be it. Having said that, I also watch rally but that's a totally different type of racing and I watch it for different reasons.
  4. Thanks for wasting my morning, no seriously, thanks. Just finished all 4 episodes and I have to hand it to these guys. Love their cheesy humour almost as much as I love their jigs and engineering abilities. Can't wait to see the Mini blasting around a track.
  5. Great way to start my weekend, gives me a bit of hope for my rusty mess. Thanks for sharing.
  6. Don't feel bad Gav, I've broken lots of things so far. Some on purpose and some by accident like my windscreen! Keep the updates coming.
  7. So they're still loud, just won't send you deaf if you're not wearing ear protection...?
  8. Like I said, I got through first call on this number on Wednesday Dave.
  9. Are you able to stitch the Repco one so that it's more fitted?
  10. What will you go next week? Can't imagine you'll get that cover by then.
  11. I got through on this number on Wednesday. (02) 9476 0111
  12. Don't be daft. Take those condoms off. Let those beauties multiply! Ohkay, this convo is getting a bit off track so I'll back away slowly...
  13. Petrolicious does a Datsun 1600 feature.
  14. Gorgeous! Will they be sharing your bed tonight?
  15. That's just a silly price.
  16. Just did a quick search and unless the source is wrong that looks like a '73 grill which is slightly different in the mounts to the '70-'72 ones. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-s30-z-discussions/33551-front-grill-info-needed.html I'll have to check the one that came off my car.
  17. Registering interest Mark. Are there any differences in grilles for early/late 240's?
  18. Thanks. It'll be just a couple of photos as a teaser to click on your thread for the full story.
  19. Don't put too much pressure on the guy There is some truth to what you say though, if you don't jump on a good deal someone else will and often very quickly. I lost out on a great deal with just a couple of hours of hesitation!
  20. Thanks for sharing Alan. I'm sure you'll have a few envious readers. Mind if I share your build on my Facebook page? Will credit back to your build thread obviously.
  21. Watched the video last night Gav. Looks like you can get some great results with it although if I tried it bad things would likely happen...
  22. As a first step I would get a hold of an engineer and discuss my plans with them. What is the intended use? How much power do you want? Are you sure the L28 can't serve you well with a fraction of the cost? What tranny do you plan to run? Brakes, diff, shafts etc all need to be considered. It's a slippery slope once you start. The link mossy threw up is your best bet for info. They've discussed the subject to death on that forum. Good luck!
  23. Start one please Gav. Would like to see it expand to all Datsuns.
×
×
  • Create New...