Jump to content

Scando

Members
  • Posts

    945
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scando

  1. The first thing I would try is getting some negative camber on the front as some others have suggested. This should help turn in and help with your tyre wear. I have my lower control arm mounting points re-drilled about an inch up and out from the original positions. This gives the car a bit of negative camber but it still needs more. Sounds like your front swaybar is adjustable so maybe trying softening it up a bit. What sort of diff are you running? Let us all know what you try and what you find does and doesn't work.
  2. Your car looks great. I've always been a sucker for red Z's. Looks to sit nice on the track too, not much body roll. Awesome!
  3. I wouldn't go black with gun metal flares. Whatever colour you choose go with black for the flares. My favourite colour on Zed's is bright red but that black one does look pretty cool if you want to be a bit different.
  4. And here's how I got there: http://phil-northeast.fotopic.net/p38997036.html Last lap Red mist Outside late breaking move Usual story.........
  5. Rather than post my favourite pic I thought I'd take a different angle and post my least favourite pic http://phil-northeast.fotopic.net/p38997015.html
  6. Yeah, looking at that I realise i was being a bit soft under brakes for the first couple of laps The little cameras the guys are using are only $270 so I'm looking at getting one so I can post some in-car footage from the Z. I've got a birthday coming up soon, might have to start dropping hints to family members
  7. Could be that the starter motor brushes are getting a bit worn as already mentioned. I assume your new engine has a higher compression ratio? This will make it much harder to turn over and therefore exaggerate any problem that was already there.
  8. Just found this video on youtube. It's incar footage from one of the R32's I race against from round 4 race 1 at Symmons Plains following me. You can all laugh at my massive understeer and then oversteer through the hairpin for the first couple of laps.
  9. Yes, Shrek was where I got my inspiration from. It puts out 3 rwkw to align with the 3 Shrek movies Glad to see you found your way here mate.
  10. Awesome Ash! Can't wait to hear how it goes when you hit the track. Very game going with no front bumper I wanted to leave mine off to get more air through the intercooler/radiator but it's saved a lot of damage in a couple of small touches I've had so I'm glad I left it on!
  11. Check out this forum if you haven't already http://datsunownerstas.proboards79.com/ A few guys are planning to meet up at the MCCT club day at Baskerville this weekend. One of the forum members is having a run there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not but there should be a few friendly Datsun enthusiasts there
  12. Wow! That's gotta be bargain of the century. Should be a real weapon when you get it finished.
  13. That sucks, most cops are good to deal with. Pitty about the few pricks that give the rest a bad name. I had a couple of officers come into the workshop and look over the car one night when I was working on it with the door open. They loved it!
  14. No wonder you couldn't get the smile of your face, that track looks awesome! Wish we had something like that here in Tas.
  15. Welcome to the forum Nozzle. What area of Tasmania are you from? I'll send you a PM with the number of a guy that has heeeeeaps of Z parts. The diff isn't likely to bust any time soon, they're very strong. But if you're sick of the noise and want to replace it then this guy should have one
  16. Scando

    ID type of L28?

    If you're going to rebuild it anyway then you should be able to get one that's smokey for under $500.
  17. Might be able to come for a cruise with you guys on the next tassie tour now Haven't noticed any cracking. The prevoous owner did the modifications on the manifold many many years ago so I assume it would have cracked by now if it was going to. I think the webbing is there more as a heat sheild than for structual reasons?
  18. What size wheels & tyres are you running? 15" 215/50's I get around 200km/h with a 3.9 diff and around 220km/h with a 3.5 at around 6,000 rpm. I'm guessing your RB would rev a bit more than that though.
  19. Makes it sooooo much easier to get the nuts tight on the manifold. I remember getting the manifold onto my old R30 Skyline was an absolute nightmare! In other news, my car is now engineer approved and registered on special interest registration
  20. I'm not sure of the number but I'll have a look. It's just a standard Australian 280ZX manifold with the webbing cut out of it and the inlet modified to suit the larger throttle body.
  21. I found myself a 2nd hand computer, a Haltech E6S. It's very similar to the F9 I'm running except a few years newer and with ignition control which is what I was looking for. It should do everything I need and was a LOT cheaper than buying a new one. I think I'll leave it until the end of this season to install it though.
  22. I got my oil pump through Stewart. Had it in Tas a couple of days after I paid for it!
  23. Nothing wrong with GTS Sillhouettes and that's cheap at that price. Good luck with the sale
  24. BenZed's post in another topic reminded me of this thread. I've gone a little quicker at both tracks now Baskerville: 1:00.8003 http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?18/05/2008.BASK.R8 Symmons Plains: 1:03.0666 http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?27/07/2008.SYMM.R8
  25. Check out this thread http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,1084.15.html
×
×
  • Create New...