Jump to content

Scando

Members
  • Posts

    945
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scando

  1. Nice work. Can't wait to hear the results when it turns a wheel in anger again.
  2. Nice Z! Nice local hillclimb destination too
  3. Scando

    fuel pump

    I run a holly high volume pump from the tank to the swirl pot and then a bosch pump to the fuel rail.
  4. Scando

    L26, L28

    I'll 2nd that. And if you don't have the skills to fix it yourself then get a few more quotes. It's not a hard job and shouldn't cost anywhere near $900! Where are you from? some people on the forum might know some good mechanics to try in your area?
  5. haha, I live in the Huon Valley! Now I'm racking my brain trying to work out which ex-orchard you've brought........... Definately leave your car as a manual. There's a few big hills between Huonville & Hobart. Stephen Caplice would probably be the best bet for an engineer in the south. His brother runs Motorsports Tas so if you say you intend on doing some club days or hill climbs he's supposed to be pretty good. Another one I've heard good reports about in the South is Mick Dungee (I think that's how you spell it) I think he's based at Margate.
  6. Cool. If my car is going at the time then I'll come for a play If not then I'll at least come for a look.
  7. From what I've heard, most the guys that can do engineers certificates down here are pretty cheap. Where in tas are you moving to Paul My car isn't registered so unfortunately that counts me out for the Targa tour. Are you doing a day at Baskerville ro Symmons this time? I might come along to that if you are.
  8. Hi Paul. I haven't got round to getting rego on mine yet but from what I can gather Tassie is the most relaxed of any state. As long as it's done properly with a brake upgrade, etc (like yours is by the sound of it) then there shouldn't be any problems. You will need an engineers certificate but I think most the engineers down here are pretty good. Let me know if you do move down. It'll be great to have a couple more Z's in the state!
  9. Did a fair bit of research yesterday and the callipers in this kit are no bigger than what I'm already running on the front. I can't justify spending that sort of money just to upgrade my rears so I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of the group buy. I hope this doesn't stuff it up for the rest of you, sorry.
  10. I'm keen. I'll see if I can get some quotes on what the discs and callipers will cost me over the next few days. If they're not too expensive then I'll go ahead with it for sure. Also interested in Zedevan's question about the front hubs?
  11. Looks like it's going to be a struggle to get the number to make this go ahead. Do you reckon he would do a bit better than normal price if the people who are interested went ahead with the purchase? Even if it just saves a bit on freight by getting them sent together as I think somebody suggested in an earlier post.
  12. Worst places in mine were the floorpans and just in front of the rear wheels on the bottom of the guards. The bottom of the doors had a bit too.
  13. I've run an F54 block and an N42 block and use the same type of gasket on both. I think there's only one hole that's different from memory. That gasket looks heaps different but I could be wrong
  14. I was playing this on my mates XBox the other night. We got a Z and painted it the same colour as mine. Already had the black bonnet and the same black datsun style rear wing. Also put my race number up the side of it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any wheels that looked like superlites or put a front spoiler on but it was pretty damn close
  15. Scando

    New floor pan

    I made a template out of cardboard and got mine made up at a sheetmetal shop. The hardest part was cutting the original floorpan (what was left of it) away from the seat mounts and the body stiffener that runs lengthways under the floorpan. Other than that it all went reasonably smoothly. Good luck with it
  16. Very nice. Looks like it's already an awesome car and will be even better once you finish the things you're working on at the moment! Had the body been restored when you bought it or was it original. The body looks to be in abnormally good condition for a Z
  17. Did anybody go to the city of melbourne titles at the Todd Road track on the weekend? I made the trip over from Tassie to help out a mate that was racing there.
  18. Sounds like just what I'm after. If you can get enough numbers to make it go ahead then count me in.
  19. I'm interested but have a couple of questions that I couldn't see the answers to on the link or on the ArizonaZCar site: - Can you find out the item number for the brakes pads? Like Evan I'm concerned about whether or not other companies will make pads to suit these callipers. - Are the callipers the same front and rear or are the fronts bigger? - Would it be possible to find out the diameter of the pistons? - I'm guessing these wouldn't fit under 15's? Would I need to run 16's or 17's? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be sure of what I'd be buying. Thanks Shane
  20. That's damn unlucky! Haven't seen any signs of wear/damage on mine. Pulled half a second of my laps time when I put them in too
  21. One thing I forgot to mention earlier, If you don't want to re-drill the holes then try Noltec for bushes. I got adjustable rear castor/toe bushes through them. Not sure if they do adjustable front ones or not.
  22. Yep, my car has had the same thing done. Seems to work well
  23. Hey mate, Very interested in the diff as per our conversation earlier. Let me know if you decide to split it all up. Cheers, Shane
  24. I'm not too sure how much different they are? somebody else on here might know. I think the bore size of an L28 is similar to an RB26. As for pin size, pin to crown height, etc I wouldn't have a clue. One of my sponsors has kindly agreed to pay for the pistons and isn't too concerned about price. Time is the only problem because the next round of the series is mid October and I need them here in time to get the engine built and run in!
  25. Thanks heaps Lurch, I'll give them a try. These guys can do them www.serco.com.au but it will take about 6 weeks to get them from the US and I need them a bit sooner than that
×
×
  • Create New...