Japanese GT Star S30Z on Speedhunters

RB30X

as a serious question, what do people think about that car with black bumpers???

Flares or not?

colour matched front spoiler or not?

Its pretty much exactly like i want to do mine, but mine will have black bumpers.

im trying to decide on flares or not, and on whether to get the front spoiler painted?

Personally i think this car looks Effing awesome!!!!

In my opinion, if you want a black bumpers then you have to make it part of the colour scheme for the whole car. Like what the bloke has done with this Z (and many others) where there's the black rear spoiler, mirrors and flares. I'm not sure if I'm painting my front spoiler yet, I'll have a black rear spoiler, black mirrors and a couple of other black items.

If you just had a black front spoiler, I dunno, depends on the car. Doesn't Bruce have a black front bumper on his? It looks pretty good.

Very nice indeed!

On a side note, does anyone know where to get the little plastic bumper protectors like the ones I have circled in the pic?

I believe they are a US Option

Here you go-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240z-Rear-Bumper-Rubber-End-Caps-NOS-/220774188219?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item33672ac4bb#ht_500wt_1314

• Administrators

as a serious question, what do people think about that car with black bumpers???

Flares or not?

colour matched front spoiler or not?

Its pretty much exactly like i want to do mine, but mine will have black bumpers.

im trying to decide on flares or not, and on whether to get the front spoiler painted?

Personally i think this car looks Effing awesome!!!!

I think it can look good depends on the car. The factory gave the hs30-h cars aka 240zg cars a fibreglass rear bumper that was a dark grey shade to suit the nose front. So its period correct in some ways.

Personally I like the chrome bumpers for the classic car look though.

Colour coordinated bumpers are sooo last year, chrome is the new black, on that car the chrome front bumper widens the look too. Plus chrome looks great with dark colours, win win.

http://www.rimtuck.com/setup/view/1060

^ Check out the above link. No chrome and it looks awesome. Colour matching flares, bumpers, and spoilers black is definitely the way to go.

I believe they are a US Option

Stock part on Japanese market cars. Original part numbers were 62692-E4100 BASE-RUBBER, BUMPER ( R.H. ) and 62693-E4100 BASE-RUBBER, BUMPER ( L.H. ), superseded by 62692-E4101 ( R.H. ) and 62693-E4101 ( L.H. )

The factory gave the hs30-h cars aka 240zg cars a fibreglass rear bumper that was a dark grey shade to suit the nose front.

Gav,

The factory HS30-H 'Fairlady 240ZG' rear bumper was steel, but with a painted finish to match the front, and with a full-width rubber strip joining up with the two corner strips seen on short nosed Deluxe cars. 

• Administrators

Gav,

The factory HS30-H 'Fairlady 240ZG' rear bumper was steel, but with a painted finish to match the front, and with a full-width rubber strip joining up with the two corner strips seen on short nosed Deluxe cars. 

Alan I should have double-checked my facts on that. I knew it was colour coded, but for some reason I thought it was also fiberglass.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well the intake plenium is from the Autech RB26DE so that is at least part of that RB2something and looking at the installed height that is my pick a Autech RB26DE with a differnet header.

• 4 weeks later...