Hi from a soon to be Z owner

Hi all,

Circumstances have demanded that I have to move my interest in toys away from bikes, toward something that will accept a baby seat, and since my brother has owned a couple of 260Z's in the past and currently has a 240, a 260 2+2 manual is the car of choice for my new weekender.

I know this site is Vic based, but the adelaide Z site doesn't seem to be as active, and this one seems to have a lot of helpful people, so I thought I'd join up. I gather from reading some other posts on what to look for in a Z, the word RUST seems to come up a lot!

Anyway, for various reasons (lack of skills/space/tools/time etc) I don't want a project, so I'll be keeping an eye on the classifieds here, and carsales etc for a clean example sometime in the near future.

• Administrators

Welcome mate,

Historically we were a Victorian Based site, but a couple of years back we shifted to a more National level. There tends to be more Z owners in NSW / Victoria, followed by QLD, Adelaide and WA. So more activity from Victoria / NSW in general as a result.

A good 2+2 will show up eventually, in fact I've seen several and they always tend to be very well priced for what is a great car.

toward something that will accept a baby seat

Hello and welcome. That 2+2 posted by Patch looks pretty sweet.

I know I would get sick and tired pretty quickly if I had to load a kid in and out of a low car with huge doors and a smallish back seat like a 260 2+2, but hey that''s your choice.

I'm not planning on using it as a daily, so I'm not too worried about the difficulty loading my daughter, fingers crossed I don't have the same problem and she cries when I load her in the car - she loves riding in her car seat in the daily drive, so I'll just have to wait and see how that one goes.

Patch, that one on ebay does look nice, I was hoping to spend a little less, but I'll keep half an eye on it.

Does anyone know anything about the history of this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=10282694&keywords=&trecs=7&__sid=128550C4A1F0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966615 4294966410 903&silo=1011

Cheers for all the welcomes.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your hunt.

..... the adelaide Z site doesn't seem to be as active,  ......

I can't let this one slip through can I????

The Adelaide site is active until 5 pm, then like the rest of the town, it shuts down and does nothing!!!  ;D

.... and this one seems to have a lot of helpful people ......

Most of the Adelaidians can't read, so they are not much help.  ;D  I understand they are pretty good at building sheds and wearing flares from the 70's though.  ;D

Bring it on Mick  ;D ;D

Welcome, as a previous owner of a 260z 2+2 great choice u love it. Be patient good car will come. Though ur budget may need lifting if u take too long

Hahaha someone thinks they are Sienfield!  ;D

Yeah we too busy working (building sheds/cars in our flares and 1" thick reading glasses) instead of talking about it on forums.  :P

Roberto is right time to go to sleep.  :-[

The Adelaide site is active until 5 pm, then like the rest of the town, it shuts down and does nothing!!!  ;D

Most of the Adelaidians can't read, so they are not much help.  ;D  I understand they are pretty good at building sheds and wearing flares from the 70's though.  ;D

Bring it on Mick  ;D ;D

Still waiting on a bike to sell so I have room in the garage, just letting people know I haven't lost interest. Nothing quite as frustrating as waiting for one toy to sell so you can move on to the next one.

I'd best be off to bed now, quite late here in Adelaide ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You did indeed Lurch, you did indeed. Thanks for your input too! ;D

Towbar on the family car for the bike trailer, so no need for the Z to be press ganged into towing duties. Leaves the options open too if I decide to go for the bumperless look in a few years.

Bring it on Mick  ;D ;D

Oh youuuuu!!

I would not expect any less from you simon :P