Peter T's 75 2+2

peter t

Hey Pete. every time I see "Peter T's 75 2+2 " as a subject I jump on and have a look for motivation. So believe me, I 'm still very interested.

Cheers

Matty.

Peter when I was fitting mine, I sat it upright on a piece of black 5mm Polyurethane sheet. I traced the shape of the base of the spoiler on the sheet then cut it out allowing about half a foot for the back of the lip. I flipped it upside down and screwed the sheet to the base of the spoiler letting a little bit protrude so it looked cool and a little bit racey. Then I painted the spoiler white and then installed the black sheet. This took all of the flex out. I basically copied a guy of HybridZ who did the same thing with a thin piece of aluminium.

You can just see it here

Picture250640108.jpg

Picture250640103.jpg

• Moderators

"Amazing how when you get to the end of your project on this site no one seems to give a shiver about your posts anymore. "

WRONG!! the silent majority is always watching.....studying....learning  :)

post-801-144023618832_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tim. Got some good glue from the hardware shop called fix all. Handy that the guy who works there is an ex panel beater. Thanks for all the help and a plus karma for you all. Sandblasted the foot rest, jack and some more small bits and got them painted today. Also fitted the speedo cable. Not sure what the blinds are for Dimitri, wont fit in the Z. ;D

Ha Ha Dimitri, I had a set in my 1600 years ago  anyway tomorrow is D Day as the Z is going for its roady. Wish me luck and I hope to be on the road by Easter. That is my goal. 8)

post-1098-144023620311_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023620318_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023620324_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023620331_thumb.jpg

All is good. Passed with flying colours and nothing to do. Will be off to the Transport Dept as soon as I get home next week. Full insurance done through Shannons, only $330.00 for a year.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Can you tell I am happy. 8)

Congrats Pete.......must be an unreal feeling. Im looking forward to being in the same place in a year ......or two.....or three.

A big thanks to you all especiallly to those who have helped me in this journey and everyone else as I have gained much wisdom from your build threads and thanks to the Z as the old prostate cancer is still clear after two years. With out the Z I may have never known about what shit was growing inside me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Thanks Shaun. Will take you up on the offer when I get the plates. Wouldn't you know it, the needle stuck open on one of the carbies and I have fuel going all over the place, fixed that now the thing doesn't want to run very well. Might be old fuel or have to drain tank to get shit out of the bottom as I have have not had very much fuel in the tank and may have sucked some crap up. Away in CQ this week so will have to wait until weekend to give it another go. Hopefully I can get plates without taking the car to Transport Dept.

That's good news as I just want to potter up to the engine builder's work shop and get them to check and tune the motor. I did change the timing and may have stuffed it up and will check it and see how I go when I get home. 8)

Good news, my wife walks with her friend of a morning and her husband is a old school mechanic and Barry came around fixed up the timing for me. we also synced the carbies and after a good clean and new plugs and points the Z is running beautiful. At first I fitted the electronic ignition {Crane} out of the parts car but could not get it to run but as Barry says just put a new set of points in every two years and it will be just as good. It is great to know an old mechanic that grew up with this sort of engine. Fitted the front spoiler and yet have to paint it but guess what, the wife reckons it looks great black. Just can't understand her sometimes. So next week it off to the MRD for rego now I have the roady and CTP and FCI. All that is left to do is get it back to UMR for a check over of the engine and a good wheel align then off we go.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE AND DRIVE SAFE. ;)