Peter T's 75 2+2

peter t

Can't colour sand Lurch as it is metallic. Yes Rev I laid about 3 coats of clear on it after about 2 hours. Will give it a rub with 1200 and another 3 coats of clear than cut and polish. Pics were before clear.

What a day. Spent all morning rubbing back with 1200 then after a good wash down appliied about another 4 coats of clear. Looks like a army duck in the shade but when the sun hits it it really sparkles. Will leave it now untill next weekend then cut and polish. Its not perfect but I can live with it knowing I did it myself. Will look good with a set of nice shiny wheels and maybe a couple of silver stripes up and over the top. Next I have to paint all the rest of the bits like the guards etc. At least now I can get the hood lining in and start getting all the interior bits out of the house. That will make the other person that lives here very happy. [Wife]

post-1098-144023575045_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575047_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575049_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575051_thumb.jpg

Well I spent the morning painting at the daughter's place  and come home and give the army duck a cut and polish. Shortened the polisher cord a bit when it got wraped around the head but finally got the job done. Not perfect but hell not a bad job considering this is only the second car I have painted. Metalic as well. It will do me. Everyone else can only get 10 feet close to it. It really sparkles in the sun as you can see. Now to clean out the inside and get the seats etc in. You never know I may yet get to finish by Christmas and go for a drive.

post-1098-14402357591_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575913_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575916_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023575918_thumb.jpg

Jerk more like it. Had to get rid of all my electric garden tools for the same reason. Trim the shrub and finally ran out of cord. Easier to fill with petrol and pull the cord. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, I didn't realise the cheese and kisses was in the pic. Now I am really in trouble. At least she comes in handy when I need a hand lifting things and holding things in place. She is a good TA.