zzzzed

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mick, I forgot to mention:

We've got these things over here in the Eastern States and in the big western State (read proper Australia) called 'gutters'.  I see you have them too, but we put them on both sides of the road!  We then match them up with 'nature strips' and 'foot paths'.  It's really quite pretty at times.  It's been all the rage over here for the last 30 or so years, so I guess you guys will catch up in the next few years ... or so.  ;D

I suppose the advantage you have over there tho' is that you can still buy brand new 240Z's!!  I love your car.  It looks farkin fantastic!  Might just send my shell over to you.

On something called a 'train' - they've been all the rage since the 1800's ......  ;)

Good too see Vic's are still at it  ;D

Ive been lucky to drool over this beuty in person.

Note: it looks 10000000 better in real.

Great work Mick can't wait to see it on the road with that RB purring.

• 1 month later...

Heyyyy!!! Time for an update.I have installed the dash but first i had to replace the heater core. As you can see the old one was a bit rusty

IMG_1675.jpg

then i installed the dash (Still have things to do before it is finished)

IMG_1694.jpg

I ordered some ebay special seat skins and slipped them over some seats i got from Roberto. I am 95% happy with the fit. But then i can remeber roberto saying he had some extra foam added to the seat base so that might have made a difference to the fit

IMG_1691.jpg

Now i am in the middle of prepping the engine to be fitted to the car. I currently have it stripped to bare block and head. I am replacing the timing belt and water pump while i am at it. I cant wait to get the engine sitting in the bay so It stops looking like a 4WD. 

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

• Moderators

I made a mistake of not replacing the water pump while the engine was out on a stand.. "yeah the water pump feels alright..I won't bother" I thought. Installed the engine, filled it with water and guess what, small little trickle of water from the front.. @!#$@#$#@% followed. And what's worse, I did change the timing belt so I was almost there..

I thought i would dedicate this weekend to my 240 so i managed to get a fair bit done. I finaly got the engine in so it is now very close But first i have a major hurdle in the wireing of the rb, This has been my bigest fear of the whole build so i will be asking a few questions if i get stuck.

Any way here are some pics

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

I had rely hoped that it would have sit lower with the engine in, I hope the king spring lows will settle down a bit after a while

IMG_1785.jpg

Since you are such a superstar with the welder and grinder Mick, you could lower the spring perches. This would be the most cost effective way plus you still keep the progressive spring which is great for street use and will be balanced with your rear springs.