Well after a few phone discussions and a quick trip last night 10 minutes from home, I bought this very original 1973 240z of the second owner who purchased the car in 1976. It was a bit of a mission to get the car out as it hadn't been moved in 10 months but after a bit of lifting and moving stuff around we got it out, and surprisingly it was still registered as well. The car is in very original condition with the original carpets, radio and is all matching numbers. With a good tidy up it should come up really well.

post-1227-144023772427_thumb.jpg

post-1227-144023772443_thumb.jpg

post-1227-144023772454_thumb.jpg

post-1227-144023772467_thumb.jpg

post-1227-144023772482_thumb.jpg

post-1227-144023772496_thumb.jpg

I found the car roughly 5-6 years ago when I had my early car, strange twist of events but where I had my car stored was close to this car and one of the neighbours pointed out that the lady down the road has one sitting in the garage. I made contact with her about 4 years ago and she wasn't keen on selling it, I rang her on Monday just to touch base and see if she still had the car, she responded and said it was funny I rang as she was considering selling it but didn't have the time to advertise it for sale. We made a time to catch up yesterday afternoon, I went prepared with a bag of money and the deal was done although when it come time to sign the rego papers over she started to get a bit hesitant, I suppose after 38 years of ownership it would be a tough one.

Nice pick up! Good to see one in such original condition

I found the car roughly 5-6 years ago when I had my early car, strange twist of events but where I had my car stored was close to this car and one of the neighbours pointed out that the lady down the road has one sitting in the garage. I made contact with her about 4 years ago and she wasn't keen on selling it, I rang her on Monday just to touch base and see if she still had the car, she responded and said it was funny I rang as she was considering selling it but didn't have the time to advertise it for sale. We made a time to catch up yesterday afternoon, I went prepared with a bag of money and the deal was done although when it come time to sign the rego papers over she started to get a bit hesitant, I suppose after 38 years of ownership it would be a tough one.

Great story, similar to how I found mine.

Awesome find, looks really good.

Just proves that there are still a few sitting safely in garages waiting to discovered.

Just proves that there are still a few sitting safely in garages waiting to discovered.

Which is how I found Curtis's last white 240z with the fender mirrors

Hi Curtis, in terms of overall condition, how does this car compare to the one you got from Eltham Victoria. I am keen to get something similar to what you have there, really like the authenticity of that car.

You have a knack for finding hidden gems like these. I admit I'm a little jealous. Nice to find something you can enjoy immediately.

I think the white 240z would look even better with the OEM light covers with Chrome trim. I've never been a fan of the aftermarket with rubber trim items.

Are those the original plates on it?

Overall condition, this one is more original than the one in Etham, victoria. The 71 from Victoria was pretty good as far as originality went, it did have a lot of new things though such as carpets, interior trim and other bits and pieces, it was starting to show tiny bits of rust when I bought it. In saying that It was still a really good car and was all matching numbers, original radio, wheels and hubcaps etc and I still haven't seen to many come on the market like it. the 73 I just bought would be the most original I've ever bought and we've owned roughly 12-15 240 & 260z's everything is basically original or period correct on the car. All the carpets, interior, engine bay and the body is close to how it come out of the factory. It's had a paint job roughly 20 years ago and she had a AUNGER front spoiler put on it and that all that's been done. My plans are to leave it alone and just give it a good tidy up, I'll replace some of the badges which are old and a few other tiny bits and pieces that are worn or old and that's it.

Lol, I've heard that comment a few times now gav since bringing home the white 73. I agree with the headlight covers, although to find a set of the chrome surrounds is hard to come buy and expensive. The plates that are on the car arnt the original ones when it left the showroom, however she had the personalised ones put on when she bought the car so I'm planning on leaving them on the car.

As Gav said, how do you keep finding these bargins. I take it you didn't pay too much as you are keeping mum about the purchase price. ;) ;D 8) 8)

Curtis, the 71 from Eltham I found when i was doing some work at a customers house, I saw an old photo of it on his wall and got to chatting about it as I was restoring my 240z. He had it stored at a friends house and decided to bring it home as I was interested in buying it except it ended up at the mechanics instead as it needed a bit of putting back together. Long story short he was spending money to get this done but I was trying to negotiate to buy as it was as I was going to pull it apart and restore, but we couldn't work it out and it ended up on carsales, probably for the best as the mrs didn't want me to buy it anyway!