Re: 2013 AusZcar Christmas BBQ - 7th Dec.

C.A.R.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome day guys, great to catch up with Gav. He was one of the first to get there and the last to leave. Counted 25 Zeds in total, and very nice ones. We where all most running out of room , great turn out. Lots of guys turned up with out there zeds, imagine if they brought them! Maybe next year. The weather was perfect . And the BBQ was going strong from 11.30 to 3.00 pm. Thanks to everyone for coming along and merry Christmas .

Hope to see you at one of the club drives early in the new year. Cheers Gordon .

• Moderators

Gordon

I couldn't make it, but from looking at the photo's it was a great day with a lot of work put in on your part.

Your generosity in hosting this event is a fantastic.

Hopefully next year I will make it.

PB

C'MON. C'MON.....how about some pics, its 6.30pm !!

Move away from the bbq and the beer fridge for just  5 mins and upload a few pics..  ;D

How about you bring your Zed & your sorry arse down here for next year, Chris?!

How about you bring your Zed & your sorry arse down here for next year, Chris?!

Aaaaaaagree.  :P

I cant even organise a local bbq like we used to....

Anyway, looks like yet another unreal turnout, some noice machines thereyonder.

• Administrators

I just want to say thanks for Gordon and family for the use of their place. Thanks for everyone who put in the effort to come down with or without a Z and I really enjoyed talking to everyone about their cars and tried to take photos of all of them. Although a couple I missed, sorry about that. I was probably caught up in conversation. My only regret was I didn't have time to get mine down there for the day.

Dimitri took me for a spin in his 240z which was awesome, the old L24 really pulls well and makes all kinds of crazy noises. I'll try and post that footage soon, but it really doesn't capture the experience in the same way.

To be honest I was so caught up in the energy of the day I decided to bid on another 240z in SA and won - thread to come shortly. So I blame you lot for this!

Also great to see so many familiar faces in the Z-scene, so of you I've known for 10+ years now.

If anyone from interstate is thinking of coming next year, please do. It's a cheap enough flight (provided it's not cancelled) and a fantastic way of networking with all the guys in the real world. Lots of family was there and the kids seemed to keep themselves amused.

Awesome photo's Gavin! I was watching the 240Z on ebay... glad you got it mate!

Gordon, thanks for hosting the event once again, very much appreciated. Was great to catch up with everyone and talk about Z's... was a really good turn out and the weather was perfect.

Look forward to the next meet.

Wow what a great day. The weather was perfect as was the company. there were some awesome Zeds there as always. We seem to get some new guys with different mods. It astounds me how many variations engine, body etc everyone does to tweak their car to their own personal preference. Truly a great day not to be missed if you a Zed fan. Thanks for having us all over Gordo. Had a ball.  :D

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old thread, but I can recall a video being taken this day of the sounds of the different engines that were on display.  Did that video ever get posted? If so, can someone provide a link please?

Cheers,

Matt

I know this is a very old thread, but I can recall a video being taken this day of the sounds of the different engines that were on display.  Did that video ever get posted? If so, can someone provide a link please?

Cheers,

Matt

Hey mate, although i wasn't at the meet you should be able to find those videos by typing on youtube "s30 sound tests" and there is about 7 of them. Hope this helped and hope they are the videos your talking about