Sequential options

Ledge

Hello people,

After the weekend of motorsport it has come apparent to me that my stock standard

RB25 turbo Gearbox is not going to take the 700hp i keep throwing at it.

So what i am after is options for the future.

Must be 6 sped sequential, dog , 1 overdrive.

Now i have sent emails of to:

Holinger : 22k  sequential dog box, 6 speed, NEW

: Will cost around 2K to convert ex supercar box to fit behind RB

Albins    : 26k  sequential transaxle is all they can offer apparently.

Modena  : 18k  MV8S 6 speed, not a bad looking thing, remote shifter, bolt on. NEW

PPG        : Brushed me aside, said there Helical set should be fine.  :-X

Quaife    : QBE69G  around 14K landed

OS giken  : 14k  they have the OS 88, gtr box and have been told

with mods to rear housing it can work 2wd no probs. Anyone confirm this ?

Tractive RD90  : Around 17G landed

TTI  :      13G landed

Japan    : Can get OS etc for same costs as us here, Can get quaife for 9000

If you guys can think of any others please let me know

Cheers in advance lads

Paul

There is an overhauled PPG box to suit rb for sale in tassie-

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/422908-ppg-straight-cut-dog-box/

** not sequential though

or here is a hollinger box set up for RWD on an R32 for 15K

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/419619-r32-gtrgts-race-components/?hl=%2Bsequential

The problem with the Albins transaxles in the V8 Supercars is that they are running lockers, something the transmission wasn't designed to do. When they switch to proper LSDs midway through the season the transmissions will supposedly improve in reliability.

Also the Albins transaxle is a brand new unit, with low cost and low mass in mind. It was never going to be as stout as a Hollinger 6 speed with 10+ years development behind it.

• 4 weeks later...

Right the bike forum I am on here in NZ - nothing but good things to say about their boxes. They have been around for a long time making bike boxes for TT racers.

Nothing from the z forum yet - as I was expecting

The TTI (TT Industries) 6 speed sequential units are fitted as a control transmission to the NZV8 - it gets a bit complex here in NZ as we have the NZV8 and the NZ SuperTourers which is a break away group from the NZV8 the cars are different, the rules are different and they are a mix between the Oz V8 Supercars

Both are using a "car of the future" type design where just about any panel can be changed to make a Ford or Holden or Nissan etc. However the NZST (supertourers) have a control engine/gearbox - well the whole car really so a Ford is powered by the same Chev engine as the Holden etc.

The NZV8 are different as they have a Ford 4 valve engine at 5.0l all alloy and the Holden has a GM engine 6.7l all alloy but 2 valve both making around the same HP 480 that is.

So maybe track down one of the NZV8 team (only 5 or 8 cars I think - most moved to the NZST as the NZV8 cars were not getting built quick enough or whatever it got all political and who really cares all just taxi's racing anyway - I like to see all kinds of Marques racing in real cars that you can purchase not kit cars that will never been sold the public..but that is just me)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chaps,

Yes the gearbox from TT industries is on its way. It currently is occupying a spot on the customs floor at Sydney.

Paid my import fees on Friday so should be at my shop this week.

Pics to come

Cheers

Paul

These boxes are amazing, I dont know if you are familiar with Jack Monkhouse, but he runs one in the ARC in his S15...

Hi mate, Jack uses the Tractive box from sweden.

I was looking at that but it was not capable of my HP

You know where i am Ryan

Cheers

• 1 month later...