Jump to content

OdinZ

Donating Members
  • Posts

    745
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by OdinZ

  1. Hey Gav, I am fairly confident the only way to find out is to pay for the ASIC record. Unless you know someone who knows someone sort of thing. Here is another business record: http://www.abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=27167017469
  2. Silly question, can you not just buy Eastwood from that Australian website PPC Co? Think I also saw it on ebay too. I had dashboard doctor do my dash, and they also sprayed the glove box with black vinyl paint, turned out great.
  3. I kind of like it, but the front turns me off it.......the headlight buckets look too far apart now and the front end looks too wide for the body. did the hood just fall when he started the car, or was "remote" close?
  4. And....she's gone! https://gasmonkeygarage.com/gas-monkeys-280z-goes-up-in-flames/
  5. That's awesome. Yeah I think in VIC we own our personalised plates for life, but cannot use them on Club/Historic Reg, which sucks. But hey, on a random unrelated side note, at least we legally raise our 4wds 3inches (https://www.aaaa.com.au/news/queensland-4wd-vehicle-modification-laws-disarray/)
  6. Great pics lads! I am amazed how many of the older cars have personalised plates
  7. In-car footage! Take a ride with legendary driver John Morton as he races the BRE Datsun 240z at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. John finished the race as the fastest Z car in the field! 8th overall out of 52 cars with a best lap time of 1:41.8. Owner: Randy Jaffe
  8. I would definitely suggest anything 2L and below for a p-plater on a budget. especially when it comes to insurance & fuel. As Gav said, above, I would also hate to think what I would have gotten myself into if i had a car with the power of a 350z. Also, for that money, you could buy a cheap little daily & a project car.
  9. i am in the process of fixing mine up, took it into a seals/o-ring place and got replacement o-ring. mine was pretty rusty. cleaned it up and just have to spray it then fit.
  10. Yes! 100% coming but will try and tag along in someone else's car!
  11. Enjoy lads.....my flight lands too late to even try make this....in someone elses car haha. Hopefully next month!
  12. Yeah I am in two frames about the interior colours, but do love the look of those seats. Haha I did spot the clock actually.
  13. https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Datsun-240Z-1973/SSE-AD-5607717/?Cr=1 1973 Datsun 240z - $57,500.00 This eye catching 240Z offers the best of both worlds as it can be enjoyed as presented in its modified form or easily returned to standard trim for the purist. .Purchased several years ago as a nice clean survivor car, this Datto has virtually zero rust. At some point in the past the front of the driver’s side floor rail has been hit and split allowing for the ingress of water and dirt resulting in a rust hole about the size of a fifty-cent piece in the driver’s side floor which has been stabilised with rust convertor. The gentleman I purchased it from (via a broker) was believed to be the second owner and had owned the car for about 27 years. I drove the car around for a couple of years in its standard trim complete with dealer optioned Magnum wheels and Aunger rear louvre until I decided to prepare it for the “Targa Tasmania Classic Rallye 2018”, a touring event which also allows for some spirited driving on closed road sections. During the preparation the car was rubbed back and repainted in its original colour of paint code 113 and then clear coated. The paint is about 8/10. Underneath is still all original as are the wheel arches which could be painted but I wanted to leave the car original in places. In preparation for the Classic Rallye, (which I can thoroughly recommend to anyone), the following upgrades were made. **More comments in link**
  14. Hey Gav, I am not defending them or their practices. But they never say they stock all of these cars. For the FD mentioned, they even state it's listed for sale in Japan. I assume though that they can buy from the dealership and import it. I have noticed quite a few of the importers do this, showing what's on offer in Japan. Quote: "Listed for sale in Japan. 2003 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (1459/1500) with 69,000kms. Expected landed and registered high $50Ks"
  15. "ICECREAM!?!?"
  16. Not that I am around either weekend...but the Sakura Picnic is on Sunday September 9th.
  17. Same spot I can see why you're getting frustrated with it. I assume you will eventually do a refresh if you one day do stop this form of racing?
  18. WOW! What the hell was he thinking. I was having a chat to someone who races in the sports tourers the other day, and there are soooo many people with absolutely no brains on the track! Not that it makes it any better for you, but did he get penalised or fined at all for that?
  19. Just bought this, haven't fitted mine yet. but the quality is really good in my opinion. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240Z-S30-Right-Side-Door-Mirror-Reproduction-70-To-1973-Years/153124269547?hash=item23a6eaedeb:g:rPYAAOSweEFbCevK
  20. Will pm you
  21. Are you set on 2+2? I know of a 2-seater in WA that might be of interest. Not the prettiest and needs a lot of work though.
  22. Enjoy lads...wont be able to join until October.
  23. I don't think they did it to prop up the price, most like RTA not having an idea. If it had to be registered under Datsun 2_0Z, I would have thought it would have been registered as a 260z just because of the year. But who knows...
  24. More of an ad/promo, but still pretty cool I reckon.
×
×
  • Create New...