Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. I was wondering how I go about adjusting rear toe in. My Zed has substantial toe in on the rear and I can see why. Nothing looks bent under it but it does have new rubbers etc in the control arms and I'm wondering if something has been put in wrong. Both wheels are the same. Any advice on what to check?
  2. I think a vid is a great idea. Make sure you drink heaps (not those doing the welding) so we can laugh at you later. I wish I could shoot down for the day.
  3. How much can rolling the guards actually give you, clearance wise. I was thinking of getting one of these to do mine: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Guard-Roller-Fender-Expander-/260631051211?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3caed23bcb
  4. What do you mean about the clutch slave clearance? Isn't it inside the bellhousing. Or do you mean the master. So you have 5.7L LS1 bolted to a VE 6 speed. What are the differences between gearboxes across the models. And what model car is the LS1 from. Is your LS1 an LS1/LS6 etc, the early ones have a different inlet manifold which robs a few horse power. You can pick up LS6 manifolds fairly cheap to swap them over. That's something I'll have to do with mine. Good to see the engine is as far back as possible in the bay, the shifter should line up sweet.
  5. Yeah I'd be keen to see how it fits etc. I've been looking at getting one too. cheers
  6. I do not like how my twin exhuasts exit the car through two holes in the rear and this has bothered me for some time. I originally was going to cut a scoop from the bottom around the single tips, then recently I've liked the idea of having two lots of twin tips, like corvette, ferrari and most recently SSV style. Now I know the concourse enthuisiests will cringe and call me names but I really need to do something with my rear end which may even include re-fitting a rear bumper. I've like the idea of a rear splitter as well but non of the pioneering examples on Hybrid Z have looked very good. Not only would the rear splitter be for looks, but performance as well as it would cover and protect the fuel system which is up under there. Now all you guys that already race your Zeds must have disccussed this as some stage? How would you think one of these Holden/Pontiac rear diffuser sections would look if incorporated/tucked up under the rear? These matt black sections are easily available and it seems I almost have exhaust holes in the same spot, there would just be room for twin twins. As it is from a Commodore they would be a little wider, but could be modified. The only other thing I see is Zeds seem flat across the back and these have a little curve. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/121786-pontiac-g8-gxp-rear-diffuser.html http://holmart.com.au/online/prod311.htm
  7. Not only that, but everyone has seen her stripped bear at the start of this thread
  8. Congrats Ben. Did the Zed sit at the bridal table too??
  9. There is some here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,4425.120.html
  10. Just had a heap of gauges arrive from the US of A. I got them for less than half of what they go for in Aus. I also was researching another gauge and found something interesting on the autometer site: http://www.autometer.com/ http://www.autometer.com/summertachsale/ They are rebating percentages of the purchase price as a sale. Get in now if you ever wanted to buy some.
  11. SS is cheap if you get it from a distributor not an exhaust shop with their mark ups. $55 got me a meter of 3" and a meter of 4" the other day
  12. Why not stainless Lurch, sounds better?
  13. Thanks for the comments. I'm looking at getting some 260Z bonnet vents and I need to install my flush mount bonnet catches so rather than chop up my original bonnet, I have a spare from a 260Z that I have spent a few hours removing the paint/bog from. Not real sure on the whole procedure once down to bare metal but I'm keen to give it a go. And it's not every day you get to grab an engine shot with the bonnet off.
  14. Hey John, where's part 2? I've got a bonnet that I'm preping and need your next episode. Need to know what sort of primer/filler to use. cheers
  15. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150470132078&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT These are series 1.
  16. Nice work Gareth, I think you've closed the door on your dress in the first pic though.
  17. Well after learning how tig up the radiator piping, I got a little excited and went and bought some 3" and 4" stainless exhaust to make a radiator overflow tank and oil catch can out of. I think they turned out ok. I haven't polished them yet, only used some pickling gel. Need to take the car for a strap somewhere now and see what's next on the list.
  18. Just thought I'd tag onto this old thread since its regarding 240Z models. I recently bought a few Tamiya style Zed models from ebay and I was wondering if anyone else has ever bought and assembled the PS30Z / 432R model?? Inside mine, the outer shell comes already complete, no opening bonnet or anything. I have 3 diffrent sets of rims, 2 RH dash's, 2 steering wheels, 2 gearsticks, 2 sets of front a rear bumpers, one extra front spoiler, two rear spoilers, two sets of headlight covers. And the best bit, the choice between a L series engine or an S20, to go under a bonnet that doesn't lift up so you never see it again. Thought it was all a bit wierd thats all, normally there's only one set of everything and you can at least see the engine by lifting the bonnet.
  19. Are you going to get it shaved a bit? The head that is. Your engines head.
  20. Wow, thats very impressive work mate.
  21. RB30X

    89mm pistons

    What size are standard L28 pistons?? I have some of them.
  22. RB30X

    Z oil pick-up

    I've got an L28 one.
  23. RB30X

    Bailey channel

    Get new clips? They are a bit of a pain. Did you try with the window down?
  24. RB30X

    Bailey channel

    Get 3 meters of new stuff from a rubber shop for $30.
×
×
  • Create New...