Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. In that pic on your first page with the fan temp control sensor sitting in your radiator inlet, how do you get the hose to seal over the copper sensor wire coming out?
  2. Wow so your engine needs Bigger than 1/2" fuel lines, how big 3/4", one inch?? Good job, I'm sure it needs it too. Maybe you need a better pump. Revision?? If you don't want to go to the trouble than you don't have too. Some people do and these fittings make the job easier. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/06/30/car-spotlight-gt-gt-pike-s-peak-datsun-240z.aspx Oh look. This blokes gone to some trouble to retap his rocker cover to suit speedflow fittings only to use -8 size hose. Maybe he's an amature?
  3. Look good but dint seem any cheaper than speedflow off eBay.
  4. Just updating some prices. I've found a new supplier of parts and can offer these fittings at a lower price. These 'straight' fittings screw straight into your rocker cover: -8 = $35 -10 = $45 -12 = $55 The -8 pieces are solid, straight from a CNC machine and the -10 and -12 are two stainless threads tig welded together. cheers
  5. Can't wait to see an LS1 in a 280zx.
  6. Hybridz.com they have a whole section for you and they are also mostly fro your country.
  7. I think it was an S30 with a V8 in it.
  8. Wow, that looks amazing mate. Did the guy trim the wheel arches to fit the flares? And what size rubber and rims were they? Sure looks very Wangan Midnight.
  9. Wow, good pic up if you were local.
  10. Thanks Gareth, I've heard its best your fuel lines don't rub up against the exhaust either for some reason. Here is a quick vid of the LS1 powered beast:
  11. Fitted and new water pump and an alloy radiator recently. Looks pretty good. Had to enlarge the holes to get it to fit and be center etc. I used an original L series bottomg radiator hose and cut and shut the stainless pipe the PO had made for the old radiator. Also fixed up some of the fuel lines at the pump which were just hose clamped on and leaking. Got a check valve of the 044 as well to keep the lines full and prevent having the run the pump for a while before starting. I'll have to take a video of it running to show you how it sounds.
  12. My radiator arrived safely and apart from the holes not lining up even closely, the radiator itself isn't too bad. Ok, so the holes were close but I did have to enlarge all four of them on the body to fit it. Have to pressure test it then swap the normal water with coolant.
  13. Providing Ben sells both sets as this is his add, I also have two sets of L28 cranks and pistons/rods if anyone is interested.
  14. Over $300 worth of fittings, hose and gauge for sale. -6 size from mechanical fuel pump outlet into Carby fuel pressure gauge, to carbies, no return. Selling for $200. Cheers
  15. Clark rubber up here sell it too.
  16. RB30X

    Harmonic balancer

    Funny you should mention this, as I've got 3 balancers from 3 seperate L28's and they all are different diameters?? You'd probably gain a killer wasp or two by changing from a large one to a small one. Just tidying up the other day after a few brews and thought I'd had too many but they were all definetly different sizes.
  17. Classic, you missed out mate.
  18. Here is another option. Elbows that screw straight into rocker cover thread, then tig welded to either -8 or -10 AN flare. This allows you to just buy a straight speedflow fitting instead of a bend. The inside diameter of the -8 elbow fitting can be drilled out to the same Id of a -10 as well, if you doubt the flow of a -8.
  19. Brings a little tear to my eye. :'(
  20. Don't use a steel bit in your grinder, use flap disc wheels with the 6mm shank. They take meat off smoothly and flow with the existing port wall. Spray crc on it as you do it to keep it lubed. Measure the ports on your inlet and exhaust manifold and mark that size on your head, and port to that diameter.
  21. timnell1@bigpond.com 0400500274 cheers
  22. That's the bad part. $50 currently. If I had heaps of interest maybe a bit cheaper. I'm also trying to incorparate the dash fitting after the 90' bend so you'd only have to buy a straight speedflow fitting for your hose to keep costs down but I don't think it would look as good.
  23. RB30X

    RB30 question??

    That was the best reply ever.
  24. RB30X

    RB30 question??

    Hmm, charge the L28 instead then?
×
×
  • Create New...