Jump to content

garvice

Members
  • Posts

    1,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by garvice

  1. What is the plan for the charity cruise? I.e. Thoughts on how you're going to raise money? Considered multiple car club types to make it worth while? Think it's a good opportunity if done right.
  2. PM Replied.
  3. Richard, when do you need it stored and for how long? Might be a good excuse for me to justify another hoist.
  4. Well done, I can now stop thinking about selling my z, ha.
  5. When I first saw your add Azman, i thought of my car which has been sitting in the shed untouched in a good 3 years. I contemplated selling it for a few moments (hence asking what price you were looking), don't think I could though.
  6. I think you guys need to read the original post. He want's a project for him and his sons. I get the feeling the journey is more important than the budget, hence why the budget will get spread out.
  7. What is your budget?
  8. Welcome, cool story, and another person who likes the bus! So did you fix the rust or pay someone to fix it for you? Sounds like you come from a pretty capable rev head family, so I'm assuming it's in house.
  9. Sorry gav, you miss understood. I meant if you recovered them then you could make them look very period correct. I vote keep them. Turn them into office chairs until you're ready to use them.
  10. I really rate these seats gents, great seats for factory seats. You should keep them gav, there pretty period looking design especially if you recovered them. My first set was a good 500, the second set I got for 50 each.
  11. Looks fantastic Dave. P.s. you have a problem
  12. Looking good David. Bet you can't remember how you ever worked on a car without a hoist.
  13. Sounds like a divorce/separation mate. If it ever comes to it, consider selling the cars to a friend who is willing to sell back after the divorce. Don't need an emotional attachment to a car being used against you when it comes to settlements.
  14. WOW! That paint setup looks serious.
  15. I've said it a few times, I'm offer the moon with my ravaglioli screw type. I've even been getting quotes for a second, from alemlube. Reasonably priced even new. Decent price drop from molnar. 4 post on the other hand were quite expensive.
  16. I have same wheels as 74zzz on a2+2. 235x45x17 which means very cheap rubber as it matches the old Commodore/falcon. See photos in my signature link.
  17. Sorry mate, Having trouble understanding your message. Is it on a repairable write off list? Or It's it written off? Any photos? Cheers
  18. Forgot all about this and ended up working late. I'll catch you another time lurch. Don't let Jason with you to hard (I've seen how many projects he has to work on. Ha). I'll be in my shed most of Sunday working on the 1600 if your racing is done and dusted by then.
  19. R31 or r32? If r31 wagon or sedan?
  20. garvice

    Body Filler

    Thanks guys, I'll dig up that data sheet for upol and see what it says about compatibility with etch primer.
  21. No worries about the help mate, was my pleasure, just can't believe how many hurdles a bolt in job could have, ha. That hand brake nut is pretty easy to get to (should be able to reach with a Jack under the diff) and you can back it off by hand. Take it out a little more and let me know how it goes. If that doesn't work we will book you in for doing the mod.
  22. garvice

    Body Filler

    Thanks for the brands RetroZ, I'll look at those brands. Thanks thriller, the 1600 is my first attempt, so wanted to show myself that I could do it all. Just a cheap quick build.
  23. garvice

    Body Filler

    So potentially, etch primer, primer, fill, primer? What filler did you use? My garage is pretty good humidity control but not perfect.
  24. garvice

    Body Filler

    Been doing rust repairs on my 1600 and getting to the stage where I'm almost ready for the sand down and body filler stage. I am going to use wattyl super etch as a primer. Been doing a lot of searching and getting myself confused, so got a few questions for the pros. 1. Was going to sand back to metal as much as I can. 2. Was going to spray with wattyl super etch. 3. Was going to apply body filler (won't need much) 3a. I can't work out what brand to use? Any recommendations with the wattyl super etch? 3b. Am I right putting super etch under the filler? Lots of conflicting information out there, some say before, some say after. 4. Was going to re-spray with super etch after sanding the filler smooth. 4a. Should I be using a regular primer/surfacer instead of the super etch at the stage? Thanks in advance guys.
  25. Didn't someone mention tapered (pipe) threads? I.e. thread tape to help seat. Or are they straight metric/imperial thread?
×
×
  • Create New...