Jump to content

garvice

Members
  • Posts

    1,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by garvice

  1. Well done. I'd be lost without my hoist. Think next shed will have two. Ha
  2. Probably use a bosch 044 or two. Will fab up an in tank pump/sump or an external sump. Currently it haas a walbro from the l28, but it was too loud. Thanks for the kind words.
  3. Looks like suspension upgrades to me, no front struts and rear springs/shocks missing. Probably easier to drop whole rear strut if you were replacing the rear strut/hub, so looks like just inserts/springs to me.
  4. Front dog leg on a 1600. Before half way done More photos here http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67282622-Gas-1600&p=841544851&viewfull=1#post841544851
  5. I haven't worked on the Z much as it requires a bit of money which I don't have. So I have been working on this instead as it really just requires time at the moment (which I also don't have, ha). http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67282622-Gas-1600&p=841544840#post841544840
  6. Good too See you're still alive. Got to tell you though steve, life only gets busier. I hope you are actually doing some of this work for once and not just limiting your job to driving to shop and handing over a wad of cash? At least pulling the engine? On the exhaust note, my advice is pull the pants up and get used to the sound (cars are meant to get louder the faster they go) or start driving like a granny and don't use the full rev rangearound theneighbours.
  7. There is a clear anodizing.
  8. Just found a great looking seat. Simillar to the one from zcc, but I think it looks more comfortable and bit better shape on the seat. http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/lachlanrb20s13/befreelb-1.jpg From www.befree.sh I'm looking for seats for a 1600 at the moment and trying to find something that will suit.
  9. You're like the automotive equivalent of the candy man. Are the kameari gt classic seats expensive as they look on the usa website (Ie 1500 a seat)?
  10. Thanks mate, don't think it will be this year, just want to know what to expect so that I don't expect it a week after ordering.
  11. Ben, Thanks for the pricing mate. Is there a lead time I should take into account?
  12. Hey Ben, What are you able to get in the way of 1600/510 parts? Bonnet on the project I am doing is not the greatest, considering a glass one (though not sure what the fuzz will think about it) but can't see any 1600 gear on OTOMOTO website. Front guards are also not the best, though I think I will salvage those. Brad
  13. Welcome mate, good to have you on board.
  14. One thing that I have found useful for hot shrinking where you don't have an oxy or don't want to splurge on a good oxy and cylinders is MAPP gas. Bought a torch and cylinder from bunnings to do copper piping, but works very well at getting the sheet metal blue hot (or red hot if you leave it on too long) so that you can beat the high spots down and shrink the metal. Used it along the bottom flange of that large section as I had curved the top and had to straighten the bottom a little. Gas was even hot enough to be able to bend 12mm reinforcing bars.
  15. I have just recently done my first rust repair sections. First time I have tried, cheated a little with the first piece I made and cut and welded the top of it, reckon I could have just shrunk it but I was getting too impatient. Oh yeah, it isn't a Z Started with this. Wanted to try the back corner first so that I could prove to myself I could do it before I went too far. Then I went and did the larger section, no cut and shuts on this piece. It is all welded with a mig (don't have an oxy/tig). Will get one someday, but for now will just have to live with using the mig and using more lead/filler.
  16. Looks like my complaining finally payed off
  17. Ha, this is getting fun. I strongly considered an LS and if it was a track car without rego I would probably go that way. Can't rule out to many more though or you guys will guess.
  18. I want to piss them off not kill then with a heart attach
  19. All yours Jason. I am in no rush to get it out of the engine bay (though it would make it easier to move the shell around the shed), so after 13th is fine. The engine replacement will be a surprise (keeping it under wraps), but I will leave you all with the knowledge that the engine choice will piss off the nissan/datsun purists.
  20. Anyone in brisbane want a L18 and 4speed? Haven't taken it out of the car yet, because it takes up less room in the car then out of the car. Was parked about 10 years ago.
  21. Nice find. Looked for one of these quite a few times and never been able to find one.
  22. Welcome Clive, noticed you and your collection on Hybridz. Good to see you guys are starting to starting to notice the other half of the world.
  23. I'll eat my words. Well done.
  24. So do we get discounts for having the apprentice building our engines? Looking forward to days like this. My 2 year old loves coming to the shed with me, will get tools for me, just not always the right one.
  25. Please don't take this the wrong way because I am trying to help save you some frustration, but that sounds like a $6000 car from the rationalle you have listed. Though no harm asking for a higher price, just don'tbe annoyed if you dogetlow balled.
×
×
  • Create New...