Jump to content

NZeder

Members
  • Posts

    2,294
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NZeder

  1. The fix is simple and well known by now - or at least I would have thought. Don't run a 225mm or 240mm clutch setup period. Move to a twin place 7.25 or triple 5.5" titlon or equivalent get that weight of the back end of the crank. Forget the cost of these setups so you drop $1-2K on a flywheel/clutch setup vs how many rebuilds so far?
  2. Gabriel at Technotoytuning sell R200 short nose conversion parts see http://technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=863
  3. I guess it was lucky it came into the port of Auckland not the busiest port of Tauranga which currently has issues do the ship that hit a reef and is about to split into 2 any day now dumping its tons and tons of oil into the port/beaches etc :'(
  4. Thing of beauty......now the work can begin :-)
  5. Let me guess it broke after the last mounting point at the rear of the head. A quick fix is braising the broken end back on while you find a replacement.
  6. That explains it then as you were nothing to see here - back on topic
  7. Getting off topic from John thread.....but you sure about that? must have been longer than a 1/4 mile?.....well if it was not Nissan powered then for sure it possible but Robbie Ward of R.I.P.S in NZ has/had the faster 240z with Nissan power - the world record holding RB30DET powered 240z at 7.8s 1/4 and 177MPH - some 1000HP on tap.
  8. Great news on both fronts
  9. I found a thread on hybridz that another guy found the 240z/260z/280z aka pre 86 Datsuns (no the 120Y aka very small Datsuns) all share the same pline and that is 36 on 16mm. However later model Nissan stuff appears to be 34 spline on 16mm so not going to work. Again I can't confirm as I don't have late model Nissan stuff only early stuff ie Zed stuff. But now that I am home I have checked the following. 2 x 260z columns = 36 spline 1 x 240z column shaft = 36 spline 1 x 260z Wheel = 36 spline 1 x Nissan Comp Wheel = 36 spline 1 x momo boss kit for 240z/260z = 36 spline Modern Nissan info I find on the web states 34 spline.
  10. Momo adaptors (I have one) are crushable type that you can't shorten. Also here in NZ there is no welding permitted on any steering part (well go figure other than what the manufacture welds during assembly - ie if it breaks you can't weld it back again - you need a new part from the factory even if you can't get the part anymore- silly I know but someone at some point must have welded up a steering connection and someone got killed = no go anymore) This also shows a different partnumber for the momo adaptors/boos kits vs NRG which share the same part number of the same models? I think NRG might have an error http://crowderscustomizing.com/index.php?pg=15&l=product_list&c=906
  11. Ok you got me looking quick interweb search and I find this Momo has a different part number for the early Datsun aka 240z/260z/280zx, 510, 610. etc basically up to 86 (which is #3503) then for the later stuff aka 240sx/200sx (S13,S14), 300zx non tubro, Pulsar ie 87-90's cars (which is #3508). However I have not found a spline count for these momo hubs/boss kits. But I did find another listing (locally on trademe) that lists the Skyline R32/33, Pulsar, Sentra 200sx/Silvia S13/S14 on the models it works with and they state a spline cound of 34 on a 16mm shaft. So I pickup my 260z steering wheel which is off the car and I count 36 spline on maybe 17mm but my guess is 16mm as that is what the nut size looks like. I cound the wheel a few time but keep getting 36.. The hub/boss on trade me is only 29 NZ funny money so not a lot of coin if a punt was taken to see if the s13/14 units do fit - better than dropping over $100 USD for NRG short hub to find out it is wrong.
  12. I spotted one of those NRG short hub adapators just the other day and was thinking it would be good to know if the early Datsun stuff does match the 240sx/200sx spline count/tapper. Can anyone comfirm 100% this is the case? Anybody have both models at home who can confirm? Having an NRG short adaptor and quick release setup would be ideal on a race car
  13. I have seen the same black wires on another early 260z (73 build date). However the 260z I know of is 1/2 assembled also but if I recall some of them trace back to the indicators so will be for the hazard switch.
  14. Yes that is a Broadspeed mini. Yes it is a small over bore L28 (now de-stoked to fit 100% in period correct engine build) Holbay/Warrior but using YB Cossie head on a sort of pinto bottom end (sort of - as in not cast iron and more displacment than run in period ) so nothing like a Holbay really but he managed to get it through - god nows how. So if a YB head is like a 16 valve Holbay head of the day then a RB engine is like a S20 engine which was FIA approved for the S30 chassis (and more to the point sold in a production car not a special like the holbay- now if the OS Giken TC24-B1 was FIA approved then that would be like a Holbay)- given a number of features of both engines ar the same. S20 = DOHC 16valve 6 cylinder, alloy head, cast block. RB = DOHC 16 valve 6 cylinder, alloy head, cast block - has same intake port spacing and exhaust spacing, blocks look sim in design aas does the RB26 head intake manifold - ie RB could be made to look like an S20 much like a YB can be made to look like a Holbay. But I bet we could not get that past.
  15. My mate Ricky's race from last weekend - in the wet. The escort that passes him has new good wets and if the zed could run an engine out side of the rule like what is between the struts of that escort zeds would run RB34D (RB engines are the same vintage as the engine in that escort - but at least Nissan did sell and race DOHC S30 in larger numbers than what this escort engine is meant to replicate - so you think we should be able to run RB's)
  16. They look great hmm if I ever go L6 again those could very much end up in between the struts of a zed I own
  17. Well the build has does its job it is not an LY head the spark plugs are on the incorrect side - that head is a RB20E/RB30E head that is custom modified to look like LY for a pic of real LY see here http://www.pitroad-ts.com/tuning/L24R.jpg That head has custom made intake, rocker cover, machined front and new front cover to support chain drive conversion, nice to have access to a foundry and $$ for creating such a head just for the look (performance is not great from these heads so you would not do it for performance) see here for more info http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,8760.0.html Also another video of the engine/car is here
  18. ROFL - true. Good on ya NZTA, he should just stump up some more coin and get a Personalised Plate he can get XTC316 if he likes now that would be GAY.
  19. still have it 21 years later too many other zeds have come and gone but I have always held on to the first one I purchased.
  20. But does'nt picasa now own the copyright to your photo's as that is stated in the T&C of using the servie - I don't like that idea one bit.
  21. Next time I am in town I hope one of the bavarian beasts is on the road. So i call shotgun for part of the trip.
  22. Congrats Adam and family and welcome Nicholas, well the numbers are starting to even out at bit now number 4?
  23. As other have said already...wow...jealous...pleased for you...great present/incentive which obviously worked
  24. what he said. "More castor makes you faster" the S30 TC rods are mounted from the rear going forward so to add castor you want them longer. So unless you want less ??? Why ?? I dont get it - longer is what most want. Unless you want them to install in a non S30 ie s130 (aka 280zx), 510/1600 which have front mounted TC rods.
  25. True a forward facing sway bar - but if you get the sway bar that comes with the new rear hanger thing that mount the bar behind you are good + those rear sway setups work better on a lowered zed
×
×
  • Create New...