Jump to content

C.A.R.

Donating Members
  • Posts

    6,917
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    471

Everything posted by C.A.R.

  1. You 'could' cut the old flange off the rear stub axle's & machine up a new 5-stud offset flange and then interference press fit & weld it on. That's not an uncommon mod for live axle half shafts... Fronts you'd just convert to early Ford Falcon 5-stud hubs, which are a direct bolt on, onto the std Zed front struts.
  2. No idea on price Adam. You are best off to call him. I'll PM you his number. Oh & it doesn't matter how much $ you spend on your L24 Adam, I'll still be faster up Old Pac...
  3. Ti has a MUCH shorter 'life span' than steel alloy. I wouldn't recommend them Adam. If you want sharper throttle response & more revs, look at the valve train. It's more important to get the mass out of there.
  4. Bump. Updated with new photo's.
  5. Pull it out & soak it in Diesel.
  6. Carrillo make Ti con rods. Question is: Why do you want them?
  7. 'Alfa Motorsport Fibreglass' have them in stock.
  8. Each to their own. I've never had any issues with the soft mounts. I've always used them on my fathers & my race cars with success.
  9. Mesh air-filters are a bad idea. Road dust won't be kind to your bores... Rubber soft mounts for the Carbs - bakelite should only be used for EFI setups. Get a proper balancer - ATI make the best one's. Les Collins does a proper motorsport spec elec. dizzy. Don't get talked into any of the MSD junk - poor performance & failure rate is high.
  10. Agreed. Get a haircut you hemp pants wearing tree-hugger.
  11. I doubt you'll need a LSD for road driving Adam. With your well setup suspension, it'll stay planted 99% of the time anyway. Heck, I used to do supersprints & hillclimbs with an open diff...
  12. I think the bonnet hinge mounting panels are the least of your problems...!
  13. ?
  14. Shut your trap, you turd-burgling arse-clown. Your opinion is neither wanted, nor relevant.
  15. The fit is normally pretty ordinary around the top of the skin where it meets the bottom of the a pillar/guard area (there is normally a larger gap).
  16. What's your budget?
  17. As I have posted in another thread on this topic before, Historic & Vintage Restorations in Melbourne have the machine that puts the flutes in panels. It's not an expensive process: http://www.historicvintagerestorations.com/contact-us.html
  18. If you continue with trying to turn the motor over Gav, you will simply end up breaking a piston ring in the rust grove & score the bore further. Pull it out & strip it down. Take photo's & report back here with what you find
  19. A minor bump in the road John
  20. I don't agree with that. The spiraling upwards cost down here is making it prohibative to enter historics events. P.I. Historic's for example is $850.00 entry for just 3 days...
  21. What? No Kitchen Sink? 'Go-Jacks' would be your friend, Gav
  22. I agree they do look like SSR Meshies Gav, BUT they have 'Performance Wheels' cast into them
  23. Once every 12 months is acceptable. You are using a good quality oil & filter, so I wouldn't be stressed about it.
×
×
  • Create New...