Jump to content

C.A.R.

Donating Members
  • Posts

    6,917
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    471

Everything posted by C.A.R.

  1. http://www.shitboxrally.com.au/component/shitboxrally/?filter=your+mum&option=com_shitboxrally&view=teams&Itemid=152
  2. I don't understand the hype Alfa Motorsport Fibreglass here in Vic have a dash mold for YEARS & can lay up one in FG, CF & CF/Kevlar.
  3. Bump - still for sale. Cheaper than a random box from the wreckers!
  4. Time for a well overdue update! The main issue I don't update this thread much is because it's used nearly every weekend - and apart from the normal maintenance - I don't need to touch it! However... As Gareth alluded to in his above post, last financial year I got a fairly sizable Tax return & part of money from that went into these: EFI Hardware 45mm parallel throttle bodies & (courtesy of 'D3coy' - thanks Jake!) a Kameari 50mm manifold. Along with these: Also a set of SW Motorsport headers as the old generic 'Pacemaker' style set was stuffed! I've also had this for aaaaages: OS Giken 'SuperLok' LSD centre... ...which I've had fitted to my 3.9 R200, which I'm still yet to fit... Lastly the new 260Z based gearbox which I built with help from the 'Guru' & fitted just before Christmas: Specs are: * New Roller bearings. * Converted to Brass (Warner type) syncro rings with brand new syncro's on 2nd & 3rd. * 2.9 first gear * .86 5th gear. * All clearances checked & blueprinted. * Reconditioned shifter mechanism with Modified short shifter. And as the original braided(!) heater hoses & tap were looking VERY ordinary, I purchased a new set from MSA: I've also got a full new brake package to be fitted - R31 for the rears & Z32 calipers & Mustang rotors for the front with a 15/16th M/cylinder. I hope to make some time in the new year to finish it all off & get it installed. And I just have to decide on what I'm going to do about rims... I'll post more as things happen...
  5. Merry Christmas you bunch of weridos
  6. Wong model hubcaps, Alex. Gav needs the 'Early D' ones
  7. +1 for 98 PULP. Has the head had hardened valve seats fitted? If not (& it still has the brass seats fitted) make sure you add a Lead additive to the fuel.
  8. Robbe, just get a E2 bottle from BOC. Rent is cheaper & they are easier to handle.
  9. Welcome. Looks like a clean 240
  10. Bump. Still for sale.
  11. Noted The more the merrier!
  12. Ajax Motor Wheels in Moorabbin can widen steel wheels.
  13. If you mean the tail light garnish / surround, they are held in by 6, M8 headed nuts. Undo these & push the assembly out.
  14. Back panel? In the interior? If it is, just unscrew it & carefully lift it out.
  15. Yep - it's got rust. And lots of it...
  16. All those photos seem remarkably familiar... If you need any conformation shots from my Early Girl, yet sing out
  17. Bah - that's only minor. I don't know what you're worried about Robbie...
  18. Well since Eric has been a little slow on posting photo's up, here's a few from last Saturday when he picked his Zed up: Wet sanding completed: Colour on! Completed bar the bumpers!!!
  19. Find another Engineer - that one is smoking Crack.
  20. It's always the operator doing the blasting that fails - never the media used (unless it's chunks of carbide!).
  21. They to, BUT a 2+2 doesn't turn into corners as nicely. Having tracked both chassis, that's what I noticed the most (dynamically).
  22. Didn't Raf want a project too?
  23. Yes.
  24. You've bought a Zed without a carburetor? WTF? Have you asked the previous owner where it is?
×
×
  • Create New...