MaygZ Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 G'day all, it is so wonderful to be able to tell someone that I just bought a Zed (well a shell anyway). I can't tell my wife, well I can but, she doesn't give a shiver. Something about being obsessed and sick to death of hearing about bloody 240Zeds, blah, blah, blah ....... I suspect my mates feel the same way ..... But you guys understand You blokes are just as nuphy as me. you guys are the best virtual friends I've ever had. I love you blokes. Whoops, got a little carried away, but it is an emotional time for me I found it on eBay (of all places): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120504014089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT It belonged to mouse240 - who is a member here. I still need a donor so I haven't forgotten you Jeff or John. Quote
. Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 well done. Hope it fulfills your dream.....well the clean ones anyway Quote
Scoota G Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Hey nice stuff, that looks like a fun project. Quote
Sirpent Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Welcome and congratulations, now the agony and ecstasy begins ! And considering your excitement, as Dr Evil would say....... "Why dont uewwww and the Zeddddddddd get a roommmmm" LOL Hey congrats again. Quote
sexual_sushi Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Nice buy, I was tempted by this one. Well I'm tempted by every z I see for sale but maybe this one a little more than the others Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted December 11, 2009 Moderators Posted December 11, 2009 Welcome to you and the mistress..... Quote
C.A.R. Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Aww heck. Why do I get the feeling I'll be seeing this car soon... Congrats on the purchase Simon Quote
Zeddophile Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Aww heck. Why do I get the feeling I'll be seeing this car soon... And I thought you were a grumpy old fart when you first joined around here! You really are getting older and grumpier by the week... Quote
MaygZ Posted December 11, 2009 Author Posted December 11, 2009 Aww heck. Why do I get the feeling I'll be seeing this car soon... Congrats on the purchase Simon Lurch, thanks for your guidance. Yes, I think you may get a sneek peek before others Quote
S30Mike Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 Now you have a starting point! Looks like you will have your work cut out for you! Quote
Bruce Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 well done on the purchase, I couldn't tell from the pics, is it in bare metal or is that the color? cheers Bruce Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 12, 2009 Administrators Posted December 12, 2009 G'day all, it is so wonderful to be able to tell someone that I just bought a Zed (well a shell anyway). I can't tell my wife, well I can but, she doesn't give a shiver. Something about being obsessed and sick to death of hearing about bloody 240Zeds, blah, blah, blah ....... I suspect my mates feel the same way ..... But you guys understand You blokes are just as nuphy as me. you guys are the best virtual friends I've ever had. I love you blokes. Good thing my girlfriend doesn't get upset the way I rant and rave about them. In fact I rant and rave about a lot of things. My friends are sick of hearing about the 240z, they were all into those 'other cars' like skylines, silvia's, 180sx's and those other forms of mundane transport . Looks like you have plenty of work to do there. So what are the plans for it, modified or original? Quote
MaygZ Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 well done on the purchase, I couldn't tell from the pics, is it in bare metal or is that the color? cheers Bruce The back half is in primer and the front panels are a very tired silver paint. Just some small rust problems. Nothing that scares even me He's thrown some parts in to the package. I haven't had time to go through them as yet, but looks like dash, steering column, radiator and some interior bits(heater, trim etc) I couldn't have a really good look at it in the garage before I bought it, so I was a little surprised when I got it home and began bonding with it. See if you can see the problem in the second photo? Good thing my girlfriend doesn't get upset the way I rant and rave about them. In fact I rant and rave about a lot of things. My friends are sick of hearing about the 240z, they were all into those 'other cars' like skylines, silvia's, 180sx's and those other forms of mundane transport . Looks like you have plenty of work to do there. So what are the plans for it, modified or original? The plans were always for original, but with a clean shell those plans are now flexible. I doubt I'll be dropping in a 5.0l or rbDET, but probably look at L28, triples (dreaming), discs all round, will look at power steering (?), coil-overs, some shiny adjustable control arms ..... the list goes on. Quote
FLEXZED Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 looking good mate never seen concrete bags used to chock the wheels ;D Loui Quote
MaygZ Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 looking good mate never seen concrete bags used to chock the wheels ;D Loui LOL. Nah the boss made me stop on the way home and buy some concrete bags for a deck that she want built. I promise, it really is tied in properly. I'm getting a front cut dropped off this week to replace pax side rail and Radiator support. Quote
chris240 Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 deck shmeck...you wont have time to be building silly decks.. get your priorities straight...zed comes first Quote
MaygZ Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 Can't really complain. the deck and attached freezer panel annex is on the side of my shed. Somewhere to relax, reflect and plan (read: dream) the next stage of the Zed's life. Other than replacing the passenger side rail/battery and radiator support; this is the worst of the so far discovered rust. Other than the door and bottoms of the guards of course. Oh nearly forgot; I do have to weld on some rails, as it doesn't have any of those!! Quote
MaygZ Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 Pfffft. Easy stuff to fix. Are the chassis rails hard to find? Do I need to have them made? Where? $$? What's your rate? Beer or cash? Won't buy Hanh! Don't even think I can talk to you if you drink it!! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 14, 2009 Administrators Posted December 14, 2009 Are the chassis rails hard to find? Do I need to have them made? Where? $$? What's your rate? Beer or cash? Won't buy Hanh! Don't even think I can talk to you if you drink it!! Its my understanding from previous posts that making up the frame rails is easier than buying new ones. Its not that expensive to get them made if you provide the right dimensions the expensive part is getting someone to weld them in place. I think Lurch likes his beer full strength, but I'll let him confirm that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.